From snow to sixty.

12660209_976238089089434_1354499737_n
Well it’s Friday and I feel as if I was ran over by a truck.

I’ve been fighting ย a sore throat for a couple of days, tired from the lack of sleep and my anxiety is back for some reason. With that being said, it’s time to turn all of that negativity around and do something about it.

1. I went to the doctor to get some antibiotics for my throat this morning.
  2. I had some green tea and I plan on taking a nap later.
  3. Yoga followed by a run is scheduled for noon and that cures my anxiety. I like to cure anxiety the natural way and it works for me (not everyone). I get anxiety sometimes when I have a lot going on in my life and even when others around me are stressed out. It also could be that I’m turning 25 years old on Sunday. Yikes.

If nothing is clicking, get up and sit somewhere else. This is something I do a lot. I haven’t been able to “blog” lately and it’s becuase I’ve had way too much on my mind. Usually my words just flow and flow and flow. Lately it’s been hard. I had to get up from my desk and move to my kitchen. Itย actuallyย worked. Plus, I’m closer to my coffee pot.

Breakfast This Morning: Almond Milk, Golden Grahams, Shredded Wheat & Coffee. I love cereal on the days I plan on running.
12625746_975770645802845_471304560_n
I left my recap post offย onย Thursday. It was two weeks worth of posts and I didn’t want to overwhelm you guys again! This one is a bit shorter ๐Ÿ™‚ OH, and I did do a smallย snow day recap postย during the storm. If you like snow, dogs or photography, you’ll like that post! It’s also my birthday weekend, so if I don’t this this post in now…it’ll be drowned in birthday stuff. Last year, it was a three post weekend!

We did end up grabbing margaritas on Friday night. The entire city was closed and we were walking distance from Bakersfield, so our group of friends got together for chips and guacamole, margaritas, and dinner. Apparently the entire neighborhood had the same idea. Bakersfield has skinny margaritas, so I had two of those ๐Ÿ˜‰12626162_975770629136180_1408326230_nSnowy mornings, before the sun or anyone else is up, is my favorite time to be outside.ย You get a rush of peace and quiet with every breathe you take. Feeling the cold air go in through the nose and out through the mouth is therapeutic. Grumples and I love snowy morning walks. It reminds us of living in the midwest.12659790_975770452469531_1817392142_nI headed out to get coffee Saturday morning. Storesย started to open back up!12650622_975769562469620_1440222086_nBut the people stayed indoors…

More coffee for me…12625637_975770319136211_682502147_n
and my snowman.
12626048_975769602469616_2094888218_n
We picked up a few groceries to keep in the house before more snow hit.

We grabbed some fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, grilled chicken, avocados, lettuce, Suja juice, and almond milk.12606724_975770342469542_142528384_n
And then it all made sense…that is how they created frosted shredded wheat. ๐Ÿ˜‰12625654_975769615802948_1659414452_nI did a little indoor yoga followed by a big bowl of fresh fruit and yogurt for lunch. It’s so hard to do yoga with two dogs trying to play with your ankles. YIKES!12647987_975769582469618_1511105596_n
Snow day cinnamon rolls of course…

These were so hard to resist, but I did it!
12626026_975770372469539_253854072_nย 12625955_975770355802874_1039078443_n
Later in the afternoon, I started working on the new dresser I’m refurbishing. Don’t worry, I’m still going to post the the tutorial and before and afters of the other one. I just want to show it when it’s all finished and set up! IT LOOKS SO GOOD.
12659584_975770365802873_843528051_n
I chose a fun color for this one!12606807_975769609136282_1955671212_n
For dinner, I had my leftover Johnny salad. This is my favorite salad in the entire world. I ended up falling asleep at 8pm on Saturday night. Iย was going to go to the Hornets game but Iย couldn’t keep myย eyes open.IMG_9898
Sunday morning I was rejuvenated and ready to start the day. I headed to my place to bake cookies for the Panther’s playoff game before church.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!

Ingredients:
ย 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies

1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. ย In a side mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking soda.
2. In an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth and lump free. (3 minutes)
3. Mix inย the packed brown sugar, sugar and salt. (1 minute)
4. Add the egg and vanilla. Lightly beat the ingredients together until combined.
5. Slowly add in the flour & baking soda. Mix in the chips.
6. On a greased baking sheet, add heaping tablespoon sized dough balls 1 1/2 inches apart.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on them because all ovens cook differently. The edges should be golden brown.

12647875_975769625802947_356276297_nWe headed to theย parents house to watch the game around five. The first thing I do almost every time I’m over there is make coffee. It’s a habit I guess.12650421_975769622469614_2037035977_n
They put together some appetizers, stuffed breads, and salad.1932073_975769619136281_1393466161_nI also baked a cake.

Just Kidding, it’s from Food Lion. It was definitely a celebratory cake since the Panthers won and they are going to the SUPER BOWL!ย Even though I am a Lion’s fan, I love seeing all the Panther’s pride in Charlotte! It’s great for the city.IMG_9922I decided to let Grumples get his last dose of the snow Monday morning.IMG_9931Talk about breaking the ice…12626130_975769632469613_1617866562_n
Monday afternoon, I went to Just Fresh with a friend for lunch. I ordered their Cajun Chicken salad with honey mustard dressing.IMG_9944Monday night was Bachelor Monday!!IMG_9940We made skinny margaritas and quesadillas! I made the quesadillasย on my indoor grill. If you like quesadillas, you’ll have to try my pulled bbq chicken quesadilla recipe!

The bachelor is getting crazy. I feel like there are a lot of NORMAL and great girls on that show, BUT OLIVIA HAS GOT TO GO! Come on producers…IMG_9925The sun was up, the snow was melted and Tuesday was 60 degrees! HELLO SUNSHINE ๐Ÿ™‚12650459_975769792469597_935612959_nI decided to lace up the running shoes and head out! After my run I had a protein smoothie. It had vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup frozen fruit, almond milk, ice, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and honey.12647790_975769779136265_152363868_nFor dinner I made some steak, broccoli with nutritional yeast sauce (not bad) and white sticky rice.chasing-life-abc-family-publicity-imageI decided to start a new show on Netflix Tuesday night. I’m the type of person that falls asleep during the first five minutes or a movie or show at night. This show kept me up until 5am…I couldn’t stop watching and I had to force myself to go to sleep. This show didn’t look very good when I watched the previews, but it’s so much better than I ever expected. It’s not one of those shows that takes the third or fourth episode to get sucked into. You get sucked in on the first scene.
12584001_975769639136279_1253422597_nย 12650557_975769645802945_1128274882_n12607373_975769692469607_629642658_n
Even though I was so tired on Wednesday morning, I took Grumples out for a long walk. He LOVES the playgrounds.12596480_975770185802891_1209885660_nI also found some cute jars at a discount store for my baking supplies. I’m thinking about using chalkboard paint to add some words…what do you think?12647981_975769555802954_1650115829_nI made a giant salad for lunch. It had white rice, cheese, avocado, lettuce, croutons, grilled chicken, and romaine lettuce.12606792_975769665802943_1937594778_n
Imagine if our skies were just black and white? One of my favorite parts about being outdoors is the sky. It may seem silly, but I find the itย so beautiful and it’s never the same. Looking at a gorgeous sky is an instant mood changer.12650214_975769682469608_1076487345_n
For dinner I had has browns, turkey bacon and egg.12606704_975769529136290_970409063_n

Yesterday morning I had coffee and a wheat bagel before my run.

12648155_975955742451002_802010758_n

I couldn’t finish my run yesterday. I planned on doing 3.5, but I’ve been fighting a sore throat and I just had to walk the rest of the way. I quit at 2.55, but it’s better than nothing. I’m going to try to complete my run today since I’m doing a tad better.
12647879_975954689117774_1531739247_n-2
After my run I had an apple cinnamon chia bar. I LOVE these!IMG_0223
For dinner I had another large salad! It had lettuce, chicken, avocado, cheese, croutons, onion,lettuce, and water chestnuts. I’m all about the salads lately! Actually I’m always about salads ha ha

Tonight, we are going out with the family for my birthday, tomorrow I’m spending the day with friends, and then sunday we are going hiking!IMG_0597
I have some delicious recipes coming your way soon! This delicious winter soup!IMG_0182Valentines Day red velvet brownies!coIMG_0124
Garlic parmeson, sea salt, and cinnamon sugar soft pretzels!IMG_9890
Bacon taco cheese fries..IMG_0219
&ย conversation heart sugar cookies!12383274_221115954894042_832064413_n

I hope you all have a great weekend! We will be in touch soon ๐Ÿ™‚ I wanted to give the first ten readers a 35% off discount code for my shop! It ends tomorrow at midnight. Use code:ย FROMTHEBLOG

1. What is your favorite show currently?
  2. If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would it be?ย
  3. How do you deal with stress or anxiety?ย

Comments

I know antibiotics really kill the gut flora,so make sure you also take prebiotic to replenish the healthy bacteria!

• Ashley

Hey, Taralynn! Happy Superbowl Sunday! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. My favorite show lately is Teen Mom OG.
    2. If I could go anywhere, I would go to Paris!
    3. The struggle is real. ๐Ÿ™ I try to remind myself that these thoughts/feelings are only temporary, and that there are so many blessings to be thankful for. So I try to place more focus on those than my anxiety.

Reply to Ashley
  • Leigha

I really enjoyed Chasing Life! The plot just captures your attention! I recently started a Australian show on Netflix – Wentworth. I am a bit addicted at the moment.

Reply to Leigha
  • Alexandra

First of all, Happy Late Birthday!!!! 25! Wahoo!

Right now, I am still obsessed with Grey’s Anatomy! Didn’t want it to end! Haha

We are getting a huge snowstorm in Minnesota right now – estimated 8 inches at least! So, I would rather be on a cruise!

I always enjoy reading, walking, or crafts when I am feeling anxious. Hope you are feeling better!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Alexandra

I started watching that YEARS ago, but stopped. People LOVE it! I can’t believe how much snow the midwest is getting right now!!!

I’m feeling much better and had a great birthday!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Lyndsey

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Reply to Lyndsey
  • rebecca

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry about me telling you that late i didnt have a chance to read your blog this last weekend because it was also my birthday. Is yours the 31? i think putting chalkboard paint on those baking jars would be adorable.
    1- my favorite show right now is heart of dixie (its on netflix)
    2- i would go to Europe
    3- i workout and do yoga, i also do some DIY’s when i am feeling stressed it helps me see that i am doing something productive.

Reply to rebecca

Thank you Rebecca!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

1. Loved that show. I just finished the last season.
      2. That’d be a wonderful place to go.
      3. Love DIYS and Nick and I’ve been doing a ton of them lately! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Alexandra

Hello!

Right now my favorite show is Cheers – Thank you hulu for giving me the option to catch up on. SO politically incorrect at times but the characters crack me up and the situations are ridiculous (this is also a way that I get a good laugh going when anxious).

If I could go anywhere tomorrow I would definitely pack up and head to Alaska for some camping. I’m hoping that will happen this summer but tomorrow would be even better!

I’ve been having a lot of anxiety lately also and to help with that I’ve been non-stop listening to Florence and the Machine. I had seen her perform over the summer in Berkeley, CA and her voice is really just so powerful to me that it gets me into a completely different mindset and really helps clear my head. She’s not afraid to admit her flaws in her music and makes you feel ok to realize that you’re not always going to have a perfect life – someone else out there is or has gone through it and things turn around. I’ve also gotten back into an exercise and healthy eating routine which helps with having some consistency in my life (one less thing to worry about). Plus Florence is great on a long run ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for your posts too – I’ve been following your blog for a while and appreciate your honesty and strength. Putting your life out there is tough and I give you so much credit.

Hope you feel better soon!

Reply to Alexandra

Never watched Cheers but I’d probably like it ๐Ÿ™‚ I always hear people talking about it.

Nick and I have wanted to go to Alaska! I reallllly wanna go to Banff!

I will have to look into that and maybe add it to my playlist for my run today!

๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for the kind words.
      xo

• Amanda

Not to sound like a salesperson… but Shakeology changed my anxiety so much. I was able to go off of medicine and I love it! Sleep and exercise are also hugely helpful ๐Ÿ˜€

Reply to Amanda

I’ve actually heard that before! I may look into it:) BTW, talk about a small world…I was on instagram and Heidi Powell’s picture popped up and I saw a comment on there from you. Crazy ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, I love her lifestyle!

• Kimberly || The Caterpillar Boutique

1) Blindspot– mostly because I am a huge fan of Sullivan Stapleton from his Strike back days. Such a hottie.
    2) Paris, hands down.
    3) I also run/ work out to deal with stress and anxiety. It is really the absolute best thing.

Reply to Kimberly || The Caterpillar Boutique
  • Jessie M @ The Acquired Sass

1. I’ve been binging on New Girl on Netflix as well as Making A Murderer. New Girl always cracks me up since I spent my college years living with my 4 best guy friends.

2. Hmm, I’ve got 2 amazing trips planned during the next few months (New Zealand in Feb & Croatia, Italy, Slovenia & Montenegro in April) so I think next on my list might be Switzerland or Thailand. They both seem to have such a wealth of outdoor exploring.

3. I definitely deal with stress // prevents stress by working out. Whether it’s running, hiking or hitting the weights hard. It gives me an outlet for my stress & usually lets me turn my brain off for a little while.

Hope you feel better so you can properly celebrate 25!

Reply to Jessie M @ The Acquired Sass

Love both shows. You can definitely relate to her!

I’m so jealous of your trips coming up! That’ll be so amazing:)

Working out seems to be the best outlet!

• Marina @ Snackie Bird

My new favorite show is Peace and War by BBC. A lot of beauty and romantic. And I also love the book (by Leo Tolstoy).

Reply to Marina @ Snackie Bird
  • Lindsay

I really appreciate that you’re willing to talk about your anxiety on a public level. People act like it is something to be ashamed of when SO MANY people experience it.

I hope your birthday is lovely and I can’t wait to see the pretzel recipe! I always look forward to your posts. ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Lindsay

It’s so common! I hate when people say “anxiety doesn’t exists”. Last night, I lost my breathe just sitting at the dinner table and its scary! I find that caffeine makes it worse, so I’ve been cutting back!

xo xo

• Brooklyn

All of your salads look so delicious. I need to go on a grocery shop soon, and now I know what I’m making for dinner ๐Ÿ™‚

My favourite show right now would probably be Teen Mom OG, and Scrubs.
    But it’s so hard to choose! Netflix has so many options…
    I have been a ball of stress lately.
    I’m on my medication, but the stress and anxiety seem to be getting the better of me.
    For me making tea and just reading helps. Unfortunately I’m having a lot of anxiety at work, so it’s been a struggle to find a coping method at work.
    Hopefully I’ll figure something out soon!

Reply to Brooklyn
  • Sasha

Anxiety sucks! I struggle with it too. You might consider cutting down on your coffee consumption – too much caffeine is a nightmare for people who get anxiety. Limiting myself to one cup a day and then switching to herbal tea has done wonders, although it takes some resolution to stick to.

And why resist the cinnamon rolls? They look delicious! Don’t forget that an important part of recovery is being able to enjoy food in a normal way and not being overly restrictive in avoiding “bad” foods. Life is more than sticking only to salads ๐Ÿ™‚ good luck!

Reply to Sasha

Yes, coffee definitely has a huge role in my anxiety. I like tea, but I don’t drink it enough and I should!

I eat tons of foods other than salad ๐Ÿ™‚ I had already had breakfast, so that’s why I wanted to skip out on the cinnamon rolls and I always feel horrible during a workout after eating heavy foods.

• Ashley

I hope your sore throat is feeling better. My anxiety always amps up when I’m sleep deprived. It amazing what a good nights rest or two does for anxiety.

Your shop looks great. How convenient it is that you’re a beautiful girl and don’t need to hire a model for your clothing. Everything looks fabulous on you.

Enjoy the Super Bowl!

Reply to Ashley

Thank you! It is ๐Ÿ™‚

That could also be it. My sleep schedule has been poor. I’d love to hire someone to do the modeling as I’m so uncomfortable behind the camera, but my readers told me they like it better when I do it, so I don’t mind. & thank you for the kind words!

• Kelsey

What is your favorite show currently?
    Right now my set shows I watch are on tv: party down south, bachelor, biggest loser, code black I have two shows recovery road and colony set up on dvr to watch once we get the time haha. On netflix I watch One Tree Hill. It is my favorite!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would it be?
    I think if I could go anywhere tomorrow it would be on my cruise to the Bahamas! I don’t think I can wait until September
    ! ๐Ÿ™
    How do you deal with stress or anxiety?
    I normally paint to help relax me ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Kelsey
  • Melissa

Happy Birthday girlie hope you have a great weekend!! And in response to your questions….
    1. I love comedy shows like New Girl and Parks and Rec., but when I really want to indulge and feel lazy I watch HGTV shows. Basically anything home improvement oriented. The before and after pics make me feel like I’ve accomplished something lol!
    2. I would go to New Zealand! They have the most national parks per capita of any place and its really safe to travel there. Also they have such a unique local culture and amazing scenery! Although, I also lived in Hawaii as a kid (military brats have the most fun ;)) and would return in a heartbeat.
    3. I’ve found that using essential oils helps with my anxiety a lot. I have mild panic attacks if I’m feeling overly stressed and my breathing will constrict, making me even more stressed. When that happens I take a couple drops of Eucalyptus oil and Lavender oil in my palms and breathe deeply for a few minutes. It opens my airways and clears my mind so that I can rationalize the stupid thing I’m stressing over lol. I also do this when I feel tired and need to get work done or if I just need to focus on something. Works like a charm!

Reply to Melissa

Thank you Melissa!

New Girl is so funny. It’s great for after scary movies or when you’re sad. It’s so so so hilarious! I also love home improvement shows. New Zealand looks lovely and I’d also love to go there one day. HELLO to a fellow military brat ::) I also use essential oils and they’re great. Thank you for the advice and I’ll have to give those a try!

• Leslie

Happy early b-day!!! Haha I hit the big 25 back in November and I gotta say, it’s actually not that bad…even maybe empowering? I also think it’s great that you feel comfortable enough with your readers to share your experiences with anxiety. I know from my brother how scary it can feel sometimes and I’m glad to see how you take it head on and use what you know to help relieve it! Have fun and stay safe over your b-day weekend!

Reply to Leslie

Thank you Leslie!

It really isn’t bad at all. Age is just a number ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’ve fought anxiety for about five years and have done medications but the only thing that truly helps is exercise and relaxing. I’ll never understand it, but it can be controlled! ๐Ÿ™‚ A lot of people get it and they shouldn’t feel ashamed.

• Jackie

Thank you for the code! Just ordered the dip dyed tunic-love it! ๐Ÿ™‚
    1. Just caught up on New Girl..used to watch it when it first came out, so I went back and started from the beginning!
    2. Hawaii…dream vacation!
    3. Exercise really helps with anxiety…runs always clear my mind! I just ran a marathon earlier this month and somehow hurt my foot, so I haven’t been able to run since. I’m dying to run again soon!

Reply to Jackie

You’ll love it. Perfect for spring ๐Ÿ™‚ New girl is HILARIOUS. It’s the only show that has me laughing out loud when I’m alone.

2. I used to live in Hawaii when I was a kid and LOVED it.

3. Congrats on the marathon and I’m so sorry about the foot! I hope it gets better soon ๐Ÿ™ Running or walking with music is my favorite anxiety killer.

• Carol

I’m from Brazil.. and I love read your blog! And your tips!
    1 – We don’t have snow here, so sad!
    2 – A place to go.. I think Japan is very interesting!
    3 – And, I deal with anxiety eating! Really bad for me!

Anyway.. your blog is a real inspiration!

Reply to Carol

Thank you Carol!:)

1. But you guys have a beautiful country ๐Ÿ™‚
      2. Japan would be pretty exciting!
      3. We all have different ways of coping! Maybe try to go for a walk or watch a favorite movie next time you get anxiety! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jess

Hello! I am lactose free, I have a severe reaction to it. I will definitely check out your nutritional yeast recipe! I love reading your blog and I just want to say that I have so much admiration for you and after reading some of the meanest things I have ever seen, I wanted to say how amazing I think it is that you stay so positive while people attack your appearance, personality, ect. because they just want to lash out (in the baltimore post). I was so upset after seeing some of those comments, I didn’t think people could be so mean. I was hoping that you would continue to post and be your normal self and you have and its an incredible strength. I wish to be like that one day. You could teach me a lot I think lol. If you ever visit Northern California, let me know! ๐Ÿ™‚ Theres great places I can tell you about!

1. I don’t watch a lot of tv, I have way too much school work so if I ever watch, its Criminal Minds, New Girl and Suits. They are my absolute favorites and the only shows I have watched!

2. I would go to Venice or Paris. I can’t get enough of that thought. My next places would be Bali or Alaska! I want to see the whole world and I will!

3. I have the worst anxiety. When it gets bad, I throw up and I can’t help it. To fight it, I organize, I take a lot of deep breaths and I write to try to understand where it’s coming from. Sometimes just putting a finger on the source is enough to calm me for a while. Then, I pray and give it all away. Then breathe some more, drink tea and talk to my mom, moms always knows what to say!

I hope you have a great day!

Reply to Jess

Thank you Jess! That means the world ๐Ÿ™‚ You should never let anyone or any comment keep you from being you. You should never feel the need to apologize for anything if you don’t feel as if you did anything wrong. Say what you want, be who you want, and keep improving your own life.

1. I got rid of cable for that reason, but I find myself addicted to Netflix and my morning talk shows. I have a satellite box.It helps me get through my assignments.
      2. Paris is gorgeous. We were actually talking about an Alaskan trip last night.
      2. Sorry your anxiety is so bad! Have you talked to a doctor about it? Praying works, drinking ginger tea, running, yoga, and music!

xo xo xo

• Melissa FitzGerald

1. I’ve recently really gotten into New Girl again! When I watch TV, it’s usually because I’m going to bed, so I like it to be something easy that’ll just put me in a good mood!

2. I’d love to drop everything and go to Europe tomorrow, particularly Ireland.

3. I usually drink herbal tea, listen to my favorite music, or talk about what’s causing my anxiety to my best friend. If I’m at work when a panic attack hits, I’ll step into the bathroom (just to get away from the crowded cafe floor) and focus on my breathing for a couple of minutes. I’m not always in a position to exercise when I get anxious, since it’s usually caused by work, so I just try to breathe deeply and think happy thoughts!

Reply to Melissa FitzGerald

New Girl is great. Love Zoey.

Ireland looks gorgeous.

Breathing is key. Deep breath breaths and ginger tea if you can’t workout.

xo xo & thank you!!

• Lindsey

That soup looks amazing ๐Ÿ™‚ I love soup like you love salad ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Lindsey
  • Hilary

I have been watching the Bachelor and totally agree with you! Also loved Chasing Life too! I watched it as the season went on, and it was so hard to wait for the following week, the show is so good and so inspirational!

Reply to Hilary

Gotta love the Bachelor. I don’t know if I could have waited each week, so I’m happy it’s all on netflix. So sad it’s gone… ๐Ÿ™

• Jacqueline

At Whole Foods they have GABA chewables for stress relief that I realy like. I use them at work and keep them handy in my bag too! There’s another type that come in a tin, I forget what they’re called though. They’re handy to keep around and are chewy lozenge type. Just ask the store associate theyโ€™ll help you find them. I also run for anxiety and stress. When running I think of nothing but the run!

Reply to Jacqueline

I get their ginger chews for stress release which aren’t too bad. It helps the stomach. I’ll have to look into that so thank you! Running is the ultimate! I love making my playlist and just going for it!

• Jessie

I saw you on the running trail today. I wish I could have said hi to you but you were running and I didn’t want to stop you. I just want to tell you that you are so motivational and I cannot wait to start running once my ankle heals. I had the big golden retriever with the pink jacket if you remember. Keep up the hard work.

Reply to Jessie
  • Olivia

Hi Taralynn!

It’s kind of funny because I just turned 25 last weekend! And I totally had some anxiety about it too! Just think we’re a quarter of a century old! Crazy! But I’m excited to see where the next few years takes us in life.

I usually can’t stick with a show but I started getting into Reign on Netflix. It’s not my typical kind of show, but I am a sucker for love stories!

I live in Wisconsin so by this time of the year I am so ready for summer! So I would be up for anywhere that is beautiful and warm!

Lastly I’ve also found that exercising can really help me de-stress plus it’s just nice to have that alone time for yourself. But I’ve also found that being around good friends just chilling can sometimes can take my mind off what’s bothering me. Everyone has there own way of dealing with stress and I think it’s great that you’ve found what works for you!

Have a great birthday!!

Reply to Olivia

I agree ๐Ÿ™‚ Just a number!

I’ve never heard of Reign. I’ll have to check it out becuase I also like love stories.

You guys have been getting creamed with snow this year! (my friend is from Wisconsin)

Exercising is a big one.

xo xo Thank you!

• Kelly

I loved Chasing Life, hate the cancelled it! Monday night I watched a new show Recovery Road. It looks promising.

Reply to Kelly
  • Anonymous

I loved the show Chasing Life. I hate it was cancelled. I watched the pilot for a new show called Recovery Rod

Reply to Anonymous
  • shanna

happy early birthday!

can’t wait for those recipes! it all looks tasty!

i LOVE looking at the sky!

I’ve always wanted to watched chasing life, but i heard it got cancelled and i fear it doesn’t have a proper wrap up. i hate when shows don’t get a proper ending, and going into one without a wrap up freaks me out. dang family channel!

you’re baking cookies and going to church before football reminded me of my long thought process driving to work this morning. i live on the west coast and football is an all. day. long. sunday event over here. the first game starts at 10 am, the second at 1 and then the sunday night game is at 5. I’ve always wondered how badly the schedule must suck for the east coast. snf doesn’t even start until 8 est. i couldn’t handle that. the superbowl would seriously do me in for Monday. heh. it’s bad enough here when it ends at a decent time but the party just keeps going.

1. I’ve been really bad at watching tv the last 3 or so years. coincidentally, i have a three-year old. I’m a season or two behind on everything. i haven’t had a favorite show in a very long time. this is making me sad. pretty little liars is about all i keep up on. Monday i finally finished scream queens.

2. somewhere warm and sunny.

3. cry. clean. i used to workout, but that doesn’t seem to happen anymore. i do take long, wandering walks when it gets real bad though.

hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend! i did mine last weekend and took Monday off for my actual birthday. it was a quiet, relaxing weekend.

Reply to shanna

tHANK YOU!

Lol but it’s totally worth the watch. I’m not at the end yet, so we’ll see!

Time zones are so hard to get used to. Imagine being in hawaii…

Long walks are so therapeutic, especially with a good playlist.

Happy belated bday! xo

• Adrienne

I’m a sky-watcher, too. I grew up in rural Texas where we had amazing views and I loved the sunsets. Also we had great views of far away storms. I live in the suburbs now and really miss seeing my big sky!

For your jars, it might be easier to get those chalk labels instead of painting them. Super cute!

Happy early birthday!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Adrienne

I bet that was beautiful. I’d love to visit that part of Texas. I’m obsessed with the ranches in Texas. Thank you for the chalk label recommendation…i had no idea that was a thing! Probably at Michaels right? ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for the birthday wishes Adrienne!
      xo & have a great weekend.

• Nicole

Oh girl, I feel ya with the anxiety! Idk what is in the air!
    I journal, find new music, walk my dog, TEA, have private dancing parties to get out that energy, color, call a friend! It all does seem to help โ˜บ๏ธ

What is in the Johnny Salad? It looks amazing!

Reply to Nicole

New music is a big one on walks. I love the private dancing parties hahah! ๐Ÿ™‚

The johnny salad is incredible!! Its at the Bakersfield restaurant. It’s made up of mixed greens, bacon, cotija cheese, hearts of palm, avocado, red onion, toasted almonds, and a side of buttermilk chive dressing.

• Nicole

Ohhhh I’m going to try to make it myself! Thank you!!

Love all the amazing recipes and advice you give, super inspiring ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for all you do and share!

Reply to Nicole
  • E.S.

I love the show Chasing Life! Unfortunately it just got cancelled…They didn’t seem to do a very good job promoting it. It is actually based off of a novella and they made an Americanized version for ABC Family. Maybe Netflix will pick it up? One can only hope…

Reply to E.S.
  • Jen

Happy Birthday Taralynn! May you have a fabulous weekend and a beautiful year ahead.

Reply to Jen
  • Chandler

Hi Taralynn! Happy almost birthday! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve been super into salads this week too. I’ve been doing a mixture of baby spinach, arugula and spring greens as the base, mini bell peppers, heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers, a little sharp cheddar shredded cheese and different dressings from Trader Joe’s!

I’m super into Scandal. It hasn’t come back on yet for the year, but it’s THE BEST. Check it out if you haven’t. If I could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, I’d go to England and check out all the historical sites ๐Ÿ™‚ Lastly, I deal with stress by taking deep breaths, reading my Bible, praying, or going for a run like you do! Seriously though, just whispering a little prayer to the Lord helps immensely, or reciting a Bible verse like 1 Peter 5:7. Hope you feel better!

Reply to Chandler

Thank you Chandler!

I need to start eating more spinach and arugula but I go into phases. Your salads sound super good!

I never got into Scandal ๐Ÿ™ I tried! I’ll have to try again. Thank you for the verse!

• Heather @ Polyglot Jot

Wow youve got some good lookin salads there! haha i love salad too!

I am currently loving undercover boss i weep every episode! so inspirational! also on tv im watching biggest loser.

I would go to Hawaii if I could go anywhere.

I like to do stretching/yoga, light candles, and watch an uplifting show when i have anxiety.

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot

Thank you!:)

Undercover boss is the best! Also love biggest loser, but more so back when Jillian and dolvet were on it!

Hawaii is amazing ๐Ÿ™‚

Candles and essential oils are great for anxiety!

• Jennifer

YAAYYY! You’ve started Chasing Life! That’s such a good show. And you wait, it just keeps getting better! Know people who have had Leukemia makes it somewhat relatable, and much harder to watch! I finished Hart of Dixie (so sad they stopped it so suddenly, but happy with how everyone’s lives turned out) And I’ve started Gilmore Girls! Hilarious. Love it.

If I could go anywhere tomorrow it would be Sunset Beach, NC with a trip to Southport to see a family-friend. That place took my heart when I was little, and has kept it ever since! Or hawaii..I’ve been wanting to hike and eat pineapple there haha

And I don’t handle stress and anxiety very well, I tend to repress everything until I can’t handle it anymore. So I’m not the one to give advice! haha Maybe that’s something I’ll try and make progress on ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Jennifer

YES AND ITS SO GOOD. I also just finished Hart of Dixie. That last episode was painfully bad haha I can’t stand Gilmore girls becuase the acting is awful. The just go back and forth as if they are reading a script. I can’t handle it lol but people seem to love it.

Lol you gotta let the stress out! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jocelyn

I love all your pictures! What camera and editor do you use? Hope you are feeling better! I am down and out with the same thing ๐Ÿ™

Reply to Jocelyn
  • Jocelyn

I love all your pictures? What camera and editor do you use? Hope you are feeling better! I am down and out with the same thing ๐Ÿ™

Reply to Jocelyn
  • Bennie

Oh, forgot to tell you, favorite TV show these days, Younger on TVLand and where would I go tomorrow if I could go anywhere? Someplace with a beach, maybe Hawaii, FL or the Caribbean.

Reply to Bennie
  • Bennie

The red velvet brownies and flavored pretzels look interesting. I can relate to the anxiety. Mine started when I hit the Big M – Menopause. Currently I finally had to admit I needed some meds. They certainly help but every time I see a commercial (I’m talking meds I don’t even take) that list all the side-effects I get nervous.

I am trying to use essential oils, mostly for psychological reasons. They might physically help but I try to say calming words and thoughts, take a whiff of one and use that as a way to talk myself calm. It helps and when I get another whiff from my EO necklace (body heat helps the necklace to release the scent) I’m reminded of the positive thoughts.

My DR. tells me exercise helps (I try to squeeze it in my busy days), I don’t really watch the news on TV anymore, too violent, but I will read it online to stay abreast. I also had to stop watching some of my favorite but violent TV shows. All of the above helps and I just remind myself, this too shall pass.

Also, music helps put a smile on my face. FleetwoodMac’s Don’t Stop Thinking About Tomorrow and hair metal put me in a better mood.

Hang in there, you’ll get through it all.

Reply to Bennie
  • Lulu

Happy early birthday!

Reply to Lulu
  • Jane

why the f do you put white rice in a salad?

Reply to Jane
  • Emily B

Ummmmm I cannot WAIT for those Bacon taco cheese fries. Holy yum!!
    1. Probably Downton Abbey. My hubs and I are working our way through Boy Meets World again. I need a new “binge” show though…
    2. Disney World. Or anywhere in Europe.
    3. I make a plan of attack if I have a lot to accomplish and then do my best to take it one thing at a time. Also, I really on the Lord to pull me through it because He is bigger than my stressed and anxiety. I also use essential oils too. They help a lot!
    Happy early Birthday! Hope it’s a great weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Emily B

I loved Downton Abbey! I watch it with my mom ๐Ÿ™‚ They had the display at the Biltmore when I went and it was cool!

I’m going to Disney World after the Super Bowl ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve never been!!

I love the quote “give the lord your anxiety” and it seems to work!

• Tara

I’m sorry your not feeling well! I’ve been that way for a week now. It’s tough to run with it. My favorite show right now is The Bachelor! I agree with you that there are a lot of nice girls on there. It’s not as full of drama as the past few seasons. But, Olivia does need to go! If I could go anywhere tomorrow it would be a tropical beach! And I deal with anxiety with running. It’s the only thing that helps! Have a great birthday weekend!

Reply to Tara

Thanks Tara!

I’m feeling MUCH better today (Saturday) I think the previews are way more drama than the actual show. Running is also great for anxiety. I did it this morning:) A tropical island sounds great!!!

xo xo

• Selina

Hi Taralynn! I’ve been reading your blog for some time now, Love it!!
    Its kinda a ritual now that i think about it, usually weekend mornings before doing homework i look for inspiration, and your blog does that for me! so thank you!!
    I have anxiety, some days are worse than other days, but what i think works for me is i take time to be alone and i’ll let myself cry, and i’ll comfort myself and encourage myself to keep looking forward. sounds super silly when i type it out.. ha! but it works for me!

Reply to Selina

That is amazing. Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

I love hearing things like that becuase it motivates me to blog. It’s not silly, we all have different ways of coping and you have to do what is best for you and what works for you. ๐Ÿ™‚