Starbucks & the Peach Orchard in South Carolina

IMG_6238

I was up bright and early on Sunday morning. I fell asleep at 9:30 on Saturday and had plenty of sleep. On the way to the race, I regretted not bringing my camera as I passed the peach orchards in Fort Mill. They were in bloom and bursting with pink  flowers. I told myself that I’d get up extra early for church and stop there on the way to get a couple of shots.

IMG_6233

I made it there by 7:30. The clouds were overcast and the sun was trying to shine through. I felt like I was in some kind of fairy tale. I didn’t get to see the trees do this last year.

IMG_6239

I’ve been trying to work on my photography and this was the perfect place to do it.

IMG_6242

This would be a beautiful background for a family photo or for wedding shots.

IMG_6252

I’m not very put together in this photo, but I jumped in there anyways.

IMG_6267

These orchards are on Anne Springs Close Greenway. The horses are usually out by the fence.

IMG_6287

Nick was hungry and needed coffee so we stopped close by at the Starbucks in Baxter Village to get him something before church.

IMG_6294

The Starbucks also had beautiful flowers on their trees 🙂

IMG_6285

He ordered a coffee and the 290 calorie wheat wrap filled with cafe-free egg whites, spinach, feta, and tomatoes. I had a bowl of cheerios before church and I was saving my appetite for brunch!

IMG_6283

I love this time of year 🙂

Comments

• Michelle

Tara these photos are absolutely gorgeous!! Wow!!! I love the pink, and that close up shot of the bloom!! I can’t wait for things to bloom here in dreary Chicago. Where would some places be here for good spring photos (I haven’t been here that long and I remember you lived here)?

Reply to Michelle
  • Makki

I love your pants! 🙂 And your blog

Reply to Makki
  • Kayla

Beautiful photos! You look cute, but must go to a super-casual church to wear a denim shirt to Mass!

Reply to Kayla
  • Alex

Lovely pictures of the peach orchards! I made one my background at work in hopes that spring will finally come to Boston and melt all the snow. Here’s to hoping!

Reply to Alex
  • Sierra @La Spice Sisters

Taralynn! Great photos! I was up in Tennessee recently and it was just starting to feel like spring. I love the buds and the mud and the smell of spring… its the most energizing feeling!
    Oh, and I went to Starbucks after reading this to try the egg-white feta wrap– yum!! It was so good! And only about 300 calories like you said! Win!

Reply to Sierra @La Spice Sisters
  • Kristin C

Oh my goodness! Those skies and those trees! Wow!
    You said the orchard is in Fort Mill? I think that is one of the places we’ve priced houses for rent if we end up moving. How cool!
    And that is the cutest looking Starbucks I’ve seen!

Reply to Kristin C
  • Kathy

I love how the sky looks like cotton candy in the second picture. So gorgeous!

Reply to Kathy
  • Ashley

So jealous of the weather there! I so badly want to move to south carolina, ever since I visited when my brother graduated from parris island. I check the weather every day! Pennsylvania is still calling for snow flurries, today! It is supposed to be spring.

Reply to Ashley
  • Cami

You should start doing photography professionally

Reply to Cami
  • Cassie

Such beautiful photos of the trees!

Reply to Cassie
  • Amara

oh my gosh that orchard!!!! makes me want to travel over spring break! i’ve been following you for a few years now and your photography just keeps getting better and better! if you’re ever in minnesota, i’d love to go on a photo adventure with you!

Reply to Amara

Oh my gosh, how romantic! For some reason these orchards remind me of Japan.

• Amy

The Starbucks Bacon Artisan sandwich is my absolute favorite breakfast sandwich. The only thing that could make it better would be real, fresh cooked bacon instead of the instant stuff. Yum! I’m trying to stay away from it, though, because I can pack more protein in an egg breakfast at home for the 350 calories it has.

…but it is delicious.

Reply to Amy
  • Katie

These photos are beautiful. You can see the improvement on your photography. It looks so great! I’m so glad you shared those. I love the natural colors!

Reply to Katie