Light Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dessert Pizza

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I wasn’t always a fan of pumpkin. In fact, I hated it. As I got older, I slowly started liking the pumpkin flavor. It reminded me of the leaves changing, fun holidays and it puts me in the fall spirit. Now, I absolutely love pumpkin. I even have a section dedicated just for pumpkin recipes on my blog. So today, I wanted to make a couple pumpkin recipes before the Fall runs away. I’m usually pumpkin’d out by December.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I have made several dessert pizzas and pies with the graham cracker crust. I did it a little different this time and it turned out wonderful. It’s a lighter approach to the normal pie or cookie dough crust. It’s much easier and I love the taste.

If you make the graham cracker crust from this recipe, it’ll be much smaller than my other recipes. I cut this one in half.

Crust Ingredients: 4 Large Graham crackers, 1 tablespoon of butter, 1/2 medium ripe banana, & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese: 1/4 cup light plain cream cheese, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon vanilla, *1 tablespoon baking stevia or a stevia packet.

If you need a gluten free recipe, use my gluten free dessert pizza recipe.

PicMonkey Collage

1. Add graham crackers to a mixing bowl. You can use a blender, electric mixer, or do what I did above.
2. Smash the graham crackers with a cup and mash the bananas into the crackers.
3. Melt the butter and mix it into the graham crackers.
4. Use your hands and roll the crust into a ball. Don’t worry if there are chunks of graham crackers.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
6. Press out the graham cracker crust into a pizza shape with pinched edges as the crust.
7. Bake 10-14 minutes

PicMonkey Collfage

8. While the crust is baking, prepare the pumpkin cream cheese.

9. Mix together all of the pumpkin cream cheese ingredients until smooth.

This cream cheese goes well with bagels and crackers too!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Once the crust is cool, spread out the cream cheese onto the crust and garnish with cinnamon and chocolate chips. You could also use cranberries and pecans to decorate the pizza!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This would be great for a Thanksgiving dessert, or a thanksgiving breakfast!

Need more Thanksgiving recipes? Check out my Thanksgiving section!

Comments

• Garnia

Thank you for this delicious recipe!

Reply to Garnia
  • nina

I made this!!! so yummyyyyy

Reply to nina
  • Hayley

I made this today and it turned out pretty good!

Taralynn, is there a reason why you don’t use premade graham cracker crumbs? I used 1/2 cup and my crust turned out fine, although I might use a bit more next time since it seemed a bit doughy in the middle. Or maybe I should have baked it longer.

Also, I used Greek yogurt instead of cream cheese, and I added half a scoop of vanilla protein powder, and then baked a few more minutes after I put the mix on the crust. Definitely can taste the tanginess of the yogurt, but I thought it was excellent! 🙂

Reply to Hayley
  • Jessica

If you wanted a bigger version (like the football chocolate one a while back) would you double everything in the recipe?

Reply to Jessica
  • Gina

This recipe looks so yummy! Do you know how many people this serves?

Reply to Gina
  • Ashley

Love the dessert pizzas! You can make them in so many ways to fit any occasion! I’m thinking about making this with a vanilla “dough” and banana cream on top!

Reply to Ashley
  • Brittany

Wow, you’ve really outdone yourself with this one Taralynn, I cannot wait to make this for my family next week. Do you think it would be just as good with plain greek yogurt instead of cream cheese? Or maybe half and half?

Reply to Brittany
    • Hayley

I made this with Greek yogurt instead of cream cheese, and I liked the way it turned out!

Reply to Hayley
  • Amber

That looks delicious! I’m definitely gonna have to try out the crust at some point[:

Reply to Amber
  • Ariel

Seriously making this for Thanksgiving! Question, do you chill the dessert afterwords to let the cream cheese “set”? Like a cheesecake? Or just dive right in? Thanks!

Reply to Ariel
  • Jessica

I never used to like pumpkin either. Just recently, it’s been growing on me! I think I’ll give this recipe a try – it looks good!

Reply to Jessica
  • Courtney

This looks delicious! I definitely want to try to make it.
    However, I am hoping that we can hear more about France. I suspect that it was a bit of a difficult trip…it can be hard to travel by yourself. My first trip to Europe I traveled with 3 other friends and there were a lot of hard and confusing parts. But I think that people would really feel connected to you if you shared your thoughts (good, bad, and ugly), more experiences, and how it impacted you. As readers we took time out of our day to support you. I hope that you return the favor even if it was a less than perfect experience.

Reply to Courtney
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

Yum! This looks scrumptious!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Angela

What a clever idea! I love pumpkin-related everything – this would be easy enough to bring for my Friendsgiving I’m going to!

Reply to Angela
  • Julie @ Run Away Freckles

Yum! That crust looks awesome. I would try it with other filling flavours.

Reply to Julie @ Run Away Freckles

You totally can. I have a blubbery, apple, and cherry pie on my blog with that recipe! I also made a vanilla cream cheese/greek yogurt topping with it! So diverse 🙂

• Melanie

This looks delicious and really simple! I LOVE pumpkin. I’ll have to try it out this weekend! Thanks for the recipe. 🙂

Reply to Melanie
  • Linda @ TheFitty

I like to think of pizza as salty things with melted cheese and cookies as sweet things with lots of crumba. Mind if i correct you and say this is a delicious pumpkin cream cheese cookie instead of pizza? 🙂

Reply to Linda @ TheFitty