I wasn’t always a fan of pumpkin. In fact, I hated it. As I got older, I slowly started liking the pumpkin flavor. It reminded me of the leaves changing, fun holidays and it puts me in the fall spirit. Now, I absolutely love pumpkin. I even have a section dedicated just for pumpkin recipes on my blog. So today, I wanted to make a couple pumpkin recipes before the Fall runs away. I’m usually pumpkin’d out by December.
I have made several dessert pizzas and pies with the graham cracker crust. I did it a little different this time and it turned out wonderful. It’s a lighter approach to the normal pie or cookie dough crust. It’s much easier and I love the taste.
If you make the graham cracker crust from this recipe, it’ll be much smaller than my other recipes. I cut this one in half.
Crust Ingredients: 4 Large Graham crackers, 1 tablespoon of butter, 1/2 medium ripe banana, & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese: 1/4 cup light plain cream cheese, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon vanilla, *1 tablespoon baking stevia or a stevia packet.
If you need a gluten free recipe, use my gluten free dessert pizza recipe.
1. Add graham crackers to a mixing bowl. You can use a blender, electric mixer, or do what I did above.
2. Smash the graham crackers with a cup and mash the bananas into the crackers.
3. Melt the butter and mix it into the graham crackers.
4. Use your hands and roll the crust into a ball. Don’t worry if there are chunks of graham crackers.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
6. Press out the graham cracker crust into a pizza shape with pinched edges as the crust.
7. Bake 10-14 minutes
8. While the crust is baking, prepare the pumpkin cream cheese.
9. Mix together all of the pumpkin cream cheese ingredients until smooth.
This cream cheese goes well with bagels and crackers too!
Once the crust is cool, spread out the cream cheese onto the crust and garnish with cinnamon and chocolate chips. You could also use cranberries and pecans to decorate the pizza!
This would be great for a Thanksgiving dessert, or a thanksgiving breakfast!
Need more Thanksgiving recipes? Check out my Thanksgiving section!