Hello & Happy Tuesday!
I totally owe you guys a recap post and I promise I’ll write it as soon as I finish this recipe! I’m just so excited to share this healthy & delicious pumpkin pie recipe with you!
Kyle and I headed to my parent’s house for dinner on Saturday night. My parents made delicious chicken and steak fajitas for us, but it was the dessert that I was most excited about.
I’ve been so busy lately that I’ve had a hard time getting into the fall spirit. That is super weird for me because I’m usually in Fall mode from September to December. Can you believe I haven’t even bought a Bath & Body Works candle yet? Things are finally starting to settle down here and I’m excited to carve some pumpkins, head to the pumpkin patches, and maybe do a little more fall baking.
I was telling my mom that I wanted to make a healthy pumpkin pie for my blog because I haven’t posted many recipes for my readers lately. She decided to surprise me by making the healthy pumpkin pie! It was super cute because she kept saying “I think your readers will love this.” I knew I had to post her recipe for you all! & I totally agree with her! You guys WILL love this.
Pumpkin Pie Crust
*1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
*1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
*5-7 Tablespoons Cold Water
*1 Tablespoon Honey
*1/2 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
*1/4 Teaspoon Salt
Pumpkin Pie Filling
*1/4 Cup Honey
*15 oz Pumpkin Puree
*1/2 Cup Baking Stevia
*Tsp Vanilla Extract
*3 Large Eggs
*3 Tablespoons Butter (or Melt Spread)
*1/2 Cup Milk
*1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
*1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In an electric mixer, add the butter, whole wheat flour, salt, chopped butter, honey, pumpkin pie spice and mix on a low speed. Add in the water (one tablespoon at a time) until the mixture is moist.
3. Roll out the dough and place it in a 9-inch pie pan. Use your fingers to form the perfect crust.
4. In the electric mixer, combine all pumpkin pie filling ingredients together. Do not over mix 🙂
5. Pour the filling into the pie dish.
6. Bake until the pie crust is golden and the pumpkin pie is firm. (Approximately 40-45 minutes) *Cover the pie crust with tin foil to keep it from burning.
7. Let the pie cool for about an hour before eating!
Nutrition Facts for an Average Slice of Pumpkin Pie:
370 Calories, 15g Fat, 50g Carbs, 28g Sugar, 5g Protein
My Mom’s Healthier Pumpkin Pie: (pie makes ten slices)
215 Calories, 25g Carbs, 9g Fat, 7g Protein 11g Sugar
This pie did not taste super healthy or bland. It was full of flavor and I loved the blast of spice and pumpkin! I cannot wait to make this for Thanksgiving 🙂 If you are trying to keep it on the healthier side this Fall, try out this recipe! It’s so worth it. My mom crushed this recipe and I can’t thank her enough! If you need a gluten free crust idea, you can use my gluten free dessert pizza crust recipe.
And how adorable is my pie pan!? It’s from Personal Creations 🙂 Seriously the cutest idea for gifts this holiday season!
Questions for you!
- Are you in Fall Mode yet?
- Do you have any Halloween plans yet?
- Are the leaves changing where you live?
You might also like this recipe!! 🙂