Monday Movie & Dinner Date

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Mondays aren’t my favorite, so why not make the best of them? Emilee and I decided to get dinner and a movie Monday night. The best person to take to a chick flick is definitely your best friend. Guys just don’t understand.

Before the movie, we went to Panera bread. Panera Bread is my winter/fall restaurant. I always crave their soups and salads because they’re so fresh and flavorful.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I ordered the bbq chicken salad with the Ranch and bbq sauce on the side. I wasn’t sure how I felt about the bbq sauce on the actual salad. The salad had crispy onions, romaine lettuce, roasted peppers, black beans, corn, and chicken. I usually get the Fuji apple salad or the classic salad. The Fuji Appleย is definitely still my favorite.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I order their garden veggie soup eery time, without pesto, of course! I’ve never liked pesto. Dipping the bread in the soup is heavenly. Oh, and their Aqaiย  berryย unsweetened tea with lemon is so refreshing! It’s still hot in the South, so I still need that refreshing afternoon pick me up.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After lunch, we stopped at the gas station for some munchies. The movie theater we go to doesn’t offer healthier snacks, so we risk it and pack our own. I know, we’re bad. Movies without snacks bore me! We packed skinny pop, pistachios, and mini packets of candy (instead of the family packs sold at theaters)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Emilee and I went to see The Best of Me. OH MY GOODNESS! Sooooooo good. Nicholas Sparks has yet to fail me. Most love stories, you can guess what’s going to happen, but not in this movie. I highly recommend it!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Comments

• Amanda

I tried Panera Bread for the first time today and i am in LOVE! You have mentioned it several times over the years on your blog, and finally I made time to go today. Thanks for the suggestion, even though it took me a while to get there. I love that they have so many salad options, especially be allergic to gluten. It is now one of my favourite restaurants! Thanks again!

Reply to Amanda
  • Meela

I love sneaking my Boom Chica Pop into the theaters! I’ve never gotten in trouble, but I can imagine the “punishment” would be that bad for sneaking in healthy food — just say you have some sort of allergy to movie theater butter hehe!

Reply to Meela
  • Joanna

LOVE the BBQ Ranch Salad! They don’t carry that salad at Chicago locations anymore. ๐Ÿ™ TGIFriday’s also had the best BBQ Ranch salad but they stopped carrying it as well.

Reply to Joanna
  • Roxanna

I sneak stuff in all the time! Right now I am pregnant so I snuck in my own water and a protein bar the last time we went to see a movie. haha ๐Ÿ™‚ You can’t find protein bars there and the water is outrageous so that is what my purse is good for.

Reply to Roxanna
  • Aleksandra

Hey Taralynn! I’ve been reading your blog for a year now and I’m so impressed with that journey you’ve made. I wanted to ask you how you managed to stay on the route at the beginning. My healthy living resolutions never last for more than a week. Lately I’ve lost all my self-confidence and sine I’ve just started college I reall need it back! ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Aleksandra
  • ashhash14

Fuji Apple Chicken is the best! But the vegetable soup without the pesto is just nasty. No thumbs up or thumbs downโ€ฆthumbs sideways

Reply to ashhash14
  • Katrina

I LOVE skinny pop, it’s just an added plus that it’s pretty much guilt free ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Katrina
  • Kasey

I totally want to see The Best of Me. I love Nicholas Sparks. I went to see The Maze Runner last night. It is a really good movie. I always sneak in snacks. I will stop sneaking snacks in when theaters start offering healthier things to eat.

Reply to Kasey
  • Angela

Just went to the movies last night and saw Fury! Also was guilty of bringing my own snacks – brought boom chicka pop, popcorn and celery!

Reply to Angela
  • Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy

How about a horror movie for the month of october? The new movie Annabelle looks pretty good ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply to Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy