I have a recipe to share with you from one of my favorite bloggers, Pieces In Progress! Katie is a high school teacher, yoga instructor and newlywed! Her blog has all kinds of healthy recipes, workouts, and updates on her life. She also has the best food pics!
From Katie: “I designed this recipe to be the perfect post-workout fuel. The quinoa does double duty adding protein and healthy complex carbs to give your body the energy it needs for recovery. Added to that, the beans, cheese and veggies help boost the protein to rebuild muscles. It’s filling without weighing you down and so easy to make you could even do an at home workout while everything cooks! You can always customize it with your favorite veggies, cheeses, or spices to make this dish truly your own. Try adding red chili flakes for more heat or even a bit of cinnamon for a sweeter touch! Want to make it vegan? Just swap out the Queso Fresco for your favorite vegan cheese alternative! However you make them, have fun and get creative! :)”
Ingredients: *2 Medium Bell Peppers, *1/2 Cup Black Beans, *2 Tbsp Corn, *4 oz Queso Fresco, *1 Tsp Olive Oil, *3/4 Cup Dry Quinoa, *1/2 Cup Diced Tomatoes, *1/4 Tsp Paprika, *1/8 Tsp Red Chili Powder, *1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1. Heat oven to 350
2. Mix together the beans, corn, queso & half the spices.
3. Cut peppers in half and clean out seeds.
4. Rub the outsides of the peppers with olive oil and then fill evenly with stuffing.
5. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes.
6. While the peppers are baking, heat 1 cup of water, spices, & tomato until they’re boiling.
7. Add quinoa and cook until fluffy!