Today’s Workout, Breakfast, & A Low Cal Protein Smoothie.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I couldn’t sit still this morning and maybe it was the three cups of coffee I had. But I needed to get up and do something, so I made a quick breakfast and got ready for a workout. My breakfast was half a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese, 3 egg white + 1 egg mozzarella scramble, and avocado slices.

10545037_727393913973854_1999046522_n 10579095_727394090640503_716244837_n

I started my workout with a one mile walk, a quick stretch,Β followed by an eight mile run, and then did 10 minutes of stair sprinting. My apartment complex has huge stairs that are perfect for sprinting. If you don’t have a gym, just find a stairway to climb.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After my workout, I showered off and then whipped up a delicious protein smoothie.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It’s hard to make smoothies super sweet without adding globs of sugar or fruit juice. The secret to cutting out sugar and fruit juice is to add a drink mix. I use the 100% natural True drink mixes for flavor.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This smoothie had 1 large banana, 4 cups water, 4 cups ice, 1 serving genisoy protein, and 1 packet of True drink mix.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Blend on high for one minutes!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

While the smoothie was blending, I stole some goldfish πŸ˜‰ Okay, I stole a lot of goldfish.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This smoothie recipe makes 7-8 cups. It’s a little over 200 calories with 25 grams of protein for the entire thing. Sometimes instead of the drink mix, I use chocolate cocoa powder for dessert.

Comments

• tabbi

yum

Reply to tabbi
  • Lexie

That’s my favorite breakfast too!!

Btw I LOVE your blog. You’re my blogging role-model. Feel free to check out my new blog that I just started. I would love to hear any advice from you!

Reply to Lexie
  • Alyssa

That leg definition!

Reply to Alyssa
  • Jessica

I love your blog! You’re such an inspiration to me, I really would love to have you help me in my weight loss journey. I would like to lose 120 pounds so I can reach my goal weight of 150. I lack motivation and choosing healthy foods and not binging on unhealthy foods. Please help!

Reply to Jessica
  • Shelly

This smoothie sounds great….is this recipe 1 serving? You said in your post that it makes 7-8 cups and that just seems like a lot. πŸ™‚

Reply to Shelly
  • Mariah

You are such an inspiration, Taralynn. I have been following your blog for YEARS, and it’s amazing to see the beautiful young lady you have become. Thank you for being such a wonderful encouragement. May God continue to pour His blessings upon you! πŸ™‚

Why do you use genisoy protein? Do you recommend it? I usually buy whey protein from Swanson or the optimum nutrition vanilla whey protein. Thanks! πŸ™‚

Reply to Mariah
  • Alya

How long do you wait after eating breakfast to work out? Also keep up the great work, I love your blog!

Reply to Alya
  • Amanda

Your legs! O.o My goal. Haha. Where do you get your protein??

Reply to Amanda
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

Sounds like an intense workout! That smoothie looks like a great refuel πŸ™‚

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Gwynne Finlay

I was just wondering how you chose what protein to get? I’m thinking of starting to add it to my smoothies but I have no idea how to shop for protein powder, so how did you go about it?

Love your blog by the way!
    Gwynne

Reply to Gwynne Finlay
  • Janine

Have you ever tried Alive! soy protein ultra shake? I’ve been blending it with Dark chocolate Almond milk and pb2. It’s amazing and has sooooo many vitamins, minerals and healthy whole food ingredients. It gives me so much energy and keeps me full for ages!

Reply to Janine
  • Ashley Gabrielle

So I like your Nike shoes…I have the same ones in the same color haha.

Reply to Ashley Gabrielle
  • katie

Im doing some stairs in my town tonight after work. It goes in a loop around the block which consists of running up about 150 stairs then running uphill and then downhill back to the stairs. Kills me everytime!

Reply to katie
  • Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy

1. Try cream cheese ON OMLETTES!

2. That polka dot smoothie looks like tapioca pearls.

Reply to Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy
  • shannon

Do you store your left over smoothies in the fridge? If so when your ready to drink do your just stir and pour or reblend?

Reply to shannon
  • Emily

Is that a high-power brand blender? I have a smoothie almost everyday and I just have a normal blender. I’m thinking it is worth it to buy a high-speed one, I just don’t know what type–so many!

Reply to Emily
    • Mary

I use the nutribullet and I LOVE it!!!

Reply to Mary
  • Jessica

I’m going to have to check out the True Orange drink mix. Mango Orange sounds right up my alley! πŸ™‚

Reply to Jessica
  • Amal

Awesome! Love your posts! But what is that white blob in the blender? I thought it was greek yogurt or something.

Reply to Amal
    • Patricia

It looks like ice cream or something along those lines. It doesn’t look like ice per say, if it is ice, I would say you should use a water filter to fill your trays up. It looks too white!

Reply to Patricia
    • shannon

I think it’s the ice cubes

Reply to shannon
  • Brittany

8 miles?! You go girl! I have only ran about 6 miles, I guess I have some work to do πŸ™‚ And the smoothie looks amazing!

Reply to Brittany