Football is just around the corner and so are the unhealthy foods! Start going through the recipe books and put together some healthy alternatives to take to the tailgating parties, grill outs and the games! Here is a great recipe I came up with for dip, it has TONS of healthy nutrients and super delicious! No one will know it’s healthy! This is also a vegan recipe to kick start my vegan month for September! Tomorrow is the first Iowa Hawkeye game in Chicago and I’ll be bringing this to the tailgate with vegan black bean chips!
- 3 Large Avocados
- 1/2 Lime
- 4 Cups Frozen Sweet Corn
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onion
- 4 Medium Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Cans Black Beans
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/8 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Packet Low Sodium Salsa Seasoning
- Drain cans of black beans and add them to the mixing bowl. Defrost corn, drain water and add them with the beans
- Chop up tomatoes into little dices and add them to the bowl!
- Make sure to drain the juices from the tomatoes before adding them to the bowl.
- Chop up green onion and red onion very finely.
- Add the onions to the bowl! Add the packet of seasoning, brown sugar, black pepper, garlic salt, and vinegar.
- Mix until everything is combined evenly.
- Chop up three avocados into dice sizes and squeeze 1/2 a lime over the top of the avocado to prevent them from browning.
- Add the avocado to the bowl and mix gradually. Be careful not to smash the avocado!
Can’t wait to bring this dish tomorrow! This is also perfect for any Labor Day parties!
Store in the refrigerator when not eating. The longer it sits the more flavor it has 🙂