Homemade Guacamole for Low Carb Snacking + Video🥑🎥

Happy Friday, Everyone!

My mom is meeting up with me this afternoon so we can go for a walk with the dogs and enjoy a quick break in the rain. Before I head out, I want to share a quick guacamole recipe with you all! What would a Friday night be without guacamole? Not a very exciting one…

I have always loved making my own guacamole because most recipes call for cilantro, and I am NOT a cilantro lover. Yes, I’m one of those “it tastes like soap” kinds of people. I also love adding flavors like garlic, onion, and my secret ingredient, cumin! 😋

I also want to thank you all for giving me the extra boost and confidence to start creating videos. I’m learning how to navigate the whole “YouTube” world, and it’s so fun. I have many videos planned but don’t worry, I’ll always stick to blogging as my main squeeze. It’s just fun to try out new platforms and change things up a bit. And since I’ve been diving into making videos, I decided to put together a guacamole tutorial. The homemade guacamole recipe video is at the bottom of this post! 😊
Guacamole is literally good on anything. I like it on sliced bread, on my eggs, with my chili, with chips, crackers, and for dipping vegetables into! It’s become one of my favorite low carb snacks. I could eat an entire cucumber with guacamole in one sitting. No shame, no shame.
Avocados are one of my favorite superfoods! They are filled with healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. I could eat them for every meal 🥑
Lately, I’ve been topping my rice cakes with guacamole as an afternoon snack. It’s a delicious treat for an afternoon pick-me-up after my dog walks.

5 from 1 vote

• 1 Tsp Sea Salt
  • 1 Tsp Black Pepper
  • 1 Tsp Ground Mustard
  • 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
  • 1 Tsp Cumin

Instructions

1. Slice the avocados in half, and scoop them into a mixing bowl.

2. Mash avocados with a fork.

3. Add onions, seasonings,  tomatoes, lime juice, and mix well.

Questions for you!

1. Do you like cilantro?
  2. What recipe would you like me to film next?
  3. What’s your favorite way to eat guacamole?

Comments

• Denise

I made this last night to go with our steak fajitas! Thank you for a wonderful recipe and the video tutorial certainly helped.

Reply to Denise
  • Ellen

Finally, a recipe that doesn’t call for cilantro! heck no to cilantro!

Reply to Ellen
  • Brit

Can I add lemon?

Reply to Brit
  • Casey

I can take or leave cilantro, I find it over powering but I can eat it in small amounts. My fav recipe of yours is Creamy Garlic Dill toasted Ciabatta Bread with Lemon Peppered Baked chicken! I have made this so many times and people love them! The entire world should know how to make these. A video of those would be great! Usually eat quac with crisp nacho chips.

Reply to Casey

mmmmmmmm that is one of my favorite recipes too, and my dad’s all time fave!! I think it would be a great idea to do this for a video!:) Thanks for that idea!

• Hannah

Please do a meal prep video!

Reply to Hannah
  • Angel

Have you ever added avocado to smoothies?

Reply to Angel
  • Lisa Slattery

Hi Taralynn,

This is not related to this post, it’s a FYI I just purchased Dannon Light & Fit Original Greek Pumpkin Pie Yogurt,

no fat, 80 calories. Very good 🙂

Reply to Lisa Slattery
  • Linda @ the Fitty

I love cilantro so much I can eat it straight up like a cow eats GRASS!

Reply to Linda @ the Fitty
  • Lace

I love cilantro but my entire family hates it so I’m used to leaving it out of recipes!

Reply to Lace
  • Dana

Can you do a video on how you make your omelets? they always look so perfect

Reply to Dana
  • Mason

Looks yummy and heck no to cilantro!

Reply to Mason
  • Josh

Great video!

Reply to Josh
  • Heather Mesa

I love guacamole but I gotta have cilantro in it. In my world, cilantro makes everything better.

I enjoy topping a turkey burger with guacamole! I’m going to try your rice cake idea though.

Maybe a meal prepping video for healthy lunch ideas.

Have a great weekend!

Reply to Heather Mesa
  • Jordan

I like the smell of cilantro, but I’m not the biggest fan of tomatoes. Unfortunately, most of the time they come as a pair (I’m talking about you salsa!) so I don’t eat it often. But I enjoy the smell when my mom makes homemade salsa.

Have you ever made your own hummus? That would make a good video — plus there are SO many options for add-ins!

My favorite way to eat guacamole is on a nice, salty tortilla chip! I just can’t say no…

Have a great weekend and enjoy the guac!

Reply to Jordan

Hahaha. I used to hate tomatoes but like salsa and ketchup, now i like them all kinds of ways! Homemade salsa is the best!

Ohhhh I have! But it’s been a while.

Yes, so gooood on a tortilla chip!

Have a great weekend! xo

• Tara R

I love homemade guacamole, but have a hard time keeping it good for a few days on end without turning brown. I’ve heard the old lemon trick, but it doesn’t always do the job. Do you have any tricks to have it keep well in the fridge for several days?

Reply to Tara R

My trick to use avocados that are ripe, but not overly ripe. Also keeping the core (or seed?) stored with the guacamole helps! I also do the lime trick. Mine lasts about three days!

• Brooklyn Murtaugh

CILANTRO IS THE WORST!!!! Literally cannot fathom finding it tasty haha.

Reply to Brooklyn Murtaugh
  • Mel

I made this for lunch! I never thought about adding garlic and lime!

Reply to Mel
  • Katie

Ahhh I LOVE cilantro so I will def be adding it to this recipe when I make it this weekend! 😉 I tried your cookie dough bars.. amazing!!!!!! This guac looks so SO good and I love the idea of putting it on a rice cake with radishes and cucumbers on top. Genius. Have an amazing weekend!
    XO, Katie | http://www.meshkomoments.com

Reply to Katie

AHHHH lol. People either LOVE or HATE it!

Ohhhh so happy to hear you tried the bars! I made apricot almond bars last night and they were amazing! I think you’ll like those!!

xo

• Meghan

I love cilantro! I put it on so much stuff haha. This looks like a great guacamole recipe, how long does it normally last for you? My husband and I like it on turkey burgers or sandwiches/wraps. He takes sandwiches everyday for work so sometimes I’ll make guac to change it up a bit. I think a grilling video would be helpful for all of us newbie grillers

Reply to Meghan
  • Susie | Mile High Dreamers

I have never liked avocados (I know, worst plant eater ever here), BUT I’ve been trying soooo hard lately to still sneak them in regularly because they’re so flippin’ good for you and filling! And it’s been working haha, now I can eat them in smoothies, sandwiches, and wraps! But still not on the side… Nope, not there yet.
    I bet this would be amazing on a wrap or sandwich!
    I’m okay with cilantro unless it’s the only thing I can taste. Then no way. So pretty much, just a sprinkle! Ben on the other hand… HANDFULS. Blegh.
    Veggie recipes! The school year is about to start which means I need to be on my A game with prepping lunches and dinners if I want to stay on track because holy moly, this first few weeks as a teacher is EXHAUSTING (actually let’s be honest, the whole year is exhausting haha). I love keeping it fresh and exciting but also healthy so I have just as much energy as my 1st graders!

Reply to Susie | Mile High Dreamers

Haha my dad says they’re “overrated” lol You should add them to smoothies or brownies! You can’t taste them, but they’re so creamy.

ohhhh delicious on a sandwich for sure!!

I bet it’s so hard to keep up with them some days! Thank goodness for coffee!!

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

This is the perfect recipe! I love, love, love guacamole and avocados and I try to eat low-carb, so I can totally see myself making this. Thank you. 🙂

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog