The Best Apple Crisp Recipe

Simply THE BEST Apple Crisp Recipe

I love sharing recipes. Sometimes they’re healthy, and sometimes they’re not. I’ve been working hard on my healthy lifestyle, but sometimes you have to treat yourself to something delicious. It’s all about moderation, right?

My family came over for dinner last night and I made roasted garlic parmesan potatoes, baked salmon, and seasoned broccoli. I also made this heavenly apple crisp for dessert. I love how easy, fast, and simple apple crisp is to make, but it tastes so rich, heavy, and complicated. There are so many ways you can make it and I decided to play it safe and use a recipe that had five stars and has been made over 5000 times. The amazing thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to use apples; you can use almost any fruit such as; blueberries, peaches, cranberries, blackberries, and more. This is a recipe I’ll be saving and making over and over again. It’s the ultimate comfort dessert.

Simply THE BEST Apple Crisp Recipe

If you’re looking for a apple crisp recipe that is loaded in flavor, heavenly sweet, and has a texture equal to perfection, this one is it. The top layer is almost like a cookie granola bar and the apple filling tastes just like a warm pie. I think the top layer would be fun to add to the top of a muffin a streusel. I’m also thinking about making a cheesecake filling to add to a blueberry version.

One of the great things about apple crisp is that you can make it all year round. You can make it for almost all holidays too. Sure, apples are typically popular in the fall, but we’ve always eaten apple crisp year round.

Simply THE BEST Apple Crisp Recipe

Another great thing about apple crisp is that you can make it ahead of time. I prepared this before dinner and it was perfect by the time dessert rolled around.

Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 12.28.56 PM

Simply THE BEST Apple Crisp Recipe

This dessert made the entire place smell like fall. It smelled like one of the Bath & Body works apple crumble candles.

Simply THE BEST Apple Crisp Recipe

The apples were glazed with a cinnamon jelly and the oats were buttery and flaky.

Simply THE BEST Apple Crisp Recipe

You could also bring this into work for a breakfast dish.

Dessert is best served with coffee 🙂 (Decaf or on the weekends though)

Simply THE BEST Apple Crisp Recipe

If you’re going to serve apple crisp, make sure to have whipped cream or a vanilla ice cream! Both is win.

Simply THE BEST Apple Crisp Recipe

My family went nuts over the apple crisp. They said it was one of the best they’ve ever had.

Simply THE BEST Apple Crisp Recipe

Store the leftovers in the fridge and reheat to serve!

PicMonkey Collage

If you’re looking for a gluten free version, check out Anna’s recipe!

Simply THE BEST Apple Crisp Recipe Simply THE BEST Apple Crisp Recipe

What is your favorite fall dessert to make?

slide3

TAKE 15% ALL ORDERS TODAY WITH CODE: APPLECRISP15

Comments

• Kim

I made this for one of our Thanksgiving desserts. It was a huge hit! Im snacking on some with coffee now. Thanks for the recipe!

Reply to Kim
  • cait

I made this today and oh my god! SO delicious! I used about half the apples you did though because I only had that many. My attempts NEVER look as pretty as yours though!

Reply to cait
  • laurel

This was SUPER delicious! Everyone loved it! I used honey crisp & pink lady (couldn’t find any granny smith).
    I had to add another 1/2-1 cup of water around the edges of my pan mid-baking because it was drying out and not cooking the apples very well.
    I don’t know if its because my apples weren’t as juicy.

It turned out perfect though! Just wanted to give the heads up in case anyone has dryer apples like me 🙂

Reply to laurel

All ovens cook differently, could be the apples, or the pan size!:) But smart thinking with the water! I made this and the half a cup was TOO much water once becuase the apples were so juicy!

Thanks for the tips!!

• Katie

I recently started switching the butter for coconut oil when I make apple crisp to make it more nutritious. It also tastes great!

Reply to Katie
  • Julianne

This looks delicious – can’t wait to try it!
    How many apples does it usually take to fill 10 cups?
    Thanks!

Reply to Julianne
  • Ronaldbacy

The crunchy, chewy components of an oatmeal cookie combine with buttery apple slices in this tasty oatmeal cookie apple crisp recipe.

Reply to Ronaldbacy
  • Ronaldbacy

The tangy flavor of rhubarb combines well with apples in a fruity crisp baked with a crumbly topping of brown sugar, butter, and quick oats.

Reply to Ronaldbacy
  • Sarah

I can’t wait to try out this recipe! I have been making a lot of banana bread lately. It’s not really a dessert but it’s the only baking I’ve getting into lately.
    Your apple crisp looks like it turned out amazingly! Thanks again for sharing!

Sarah

Reply to Sarah
  • Brooklyn

YUM! That looks so good. I always feel like apple crisp is so much work, then I make it and think how I need to make it more often.

These pictures have me craving it now 🙂

Reply to Brooklyn
  • rachel nix

Did the apples still have a bite to them, I really like when they are soft! Just curious because I’m totally going to make this and if I need to cook the apples a little longer I’ll go that extra step lol! Thanks for sharing!

Reply to rachel nix
  • Bri

This sounds so yummy! I love apple crisp in the fall so will have to try this recipe out.

Reply to Bri
  • Melanie

Yum!! Apple crisp is one of my favorite desserts. I am making dessert for Thanksgiving this year and I’m thinking this could be one of the dishes I make. I wanted to make apple pie from scratch but I’m not sure I could pull that off lol. This looks a bit easier! Thank you for sharing the recipe 🙂

Reply to Melanie
  • Emily B

YUM! I LOVE apple crisp! I have a recipe for a healthy apple crisp that is sweetened with honey. I literally could eat the whole dish of it!

Reply to Emily B
    • Elizabeth

Oh YUM! Would you be willing to share the recipe? My dad’s a bee keeper, so needless to say we have lots of honey! 🙂

Reply to Elizabeth
    • Anonymous

Oooooo! Would you be willing to share the recipe? My dad’s a bee keeper, so we have an endless supply of organic raw honey! 🙂

Reply to Anonymous

I love love love honey apple crisp. 🙂

• Emily B

I also made your pumpkin bars yesterday. One of my favorite recipes of yours. I love that they’re healthy. But hate it too because I could literally eat the whole pan!!

Reply to Emily B
  • Sara

I love your photos!

Reply to Sara
  • Alana

That apple crisp is making me so hungry! I must make 🙂

Reply to Alana
  • laurel

Also, what apples did you use? I know different apples turn out better when baking. 🙂

Thanks! <3

Reply to laurel
  • laurel

That looks SO delicious! Definitely going to make some and take to my family’s when I travel this weekend! Did you paint a standard glass dish on the outside, or did you buy it like that? If so, what kind of paint did you use to make it stick? Looks super nice! 🙂

Reply to laurel
  • Emily

This looks so delicious! You have inspired me to go out to get blueberries and try this out for tonight 🙂

Also, LOVE the design on your plate & mug!

Reply to Emily
  • Abbey

Hi Taralynn! That apple crisp looks amazing I can’t to try making it 🙂

Sorry that this isn’t relevant to this post, but I was wondering if you could tell me which website you use to get pictures printed on canvas? Thanks!

Reply to Abbey