Low Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

I could come up with a story and an excuse for baking these bars, but truth is, there was no special occasion. I just felt like baking for the love of it. I did choose these bars for a reason though. Everyone around me loves cheesecake and lemon. I could care less for the both of them, I’m more of a chocolate or cake person.

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

When I was deciding on what to bake, I had a couple of limits. Whatever I baked had to be low carb and low sugar; Nick’s mom is on a no carb/low carb diet. I chose lemon because Nick’s dad sent me an email that contained just a photo of lemon bars, which was basically *hint *hint *cough *cough, bake these! Sure, I could have made chocolate cake or something I like, but I didn’t want those laying around the house taunting me. I knew I’d eat the lemon bars like a normal human being, but a chocolate dessert would be gone…fast.

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

A couple of weeks ago, I posted Phyllis’s low carb cheesecake recipe and mentioned it would be really good with an almond flour crust and so that’s what inspired this dessert.

Crust Ingredients:
2 Large eggs (1 added after the picture), 1 1/2 cups almond flour, 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, 1/3 cup baking stevia, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

Mix all the crust ingredients together and add extra coconut oil if it’s too dry.

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

Evenly distribute a pan with the almond flour crust.

If I were you, I’d use a 2x larger pan than the one I used. Bake the crust for 20 minutes at 325 degrees.

9×13 size pan

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

While the crust is baking, prepare the lemon cheesecake.

Lemon Cheesecake Ingredients:
3 packages of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, 3 large eggs, 1 cup baking stevia, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tablespoon of lemon extract or 3 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

The filling was a little clumpy when I tried to stir it with a spoon, and so I threw it all into the electric mixer and whipped it up.

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

Take the crust out of the oven and add the cheesecake mix evenly over the top.

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

If you want a little extra, mix in a couple of white chocolate shavings on top!

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

Instead of white chocolate, I added a little lemon zest to keep it low carb and low sugar. Bake for 45 minutes. The edges will be slightly brown.

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

Let the cheesecake bars cool in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until firm.

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

Once they’re firm, cut it into bars. I used a smaller pan than should have and so I only cut twelve pieces, but this recipe is supposed to make 24 pieces. Mine were just extra big.

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

For not following any recipe for the crust, I was pretty excited with how well it turned out. It was crispy, it fell apart, and had a great flavor that accented the lemon perfectly.

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

Now, I’m not a lemon person, never really was one, but these bars were actually really good. I’ve never been a cheesecake person either, and still liked these.

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

I drove them over to Nick’s parents house to drop off once they cooled and I was excited for Phyllis to try them.

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

Verdict?

She loved them, and even Ralph liked them! I was so happy 🙂 If you love lemon and you love cheesecake, you’ll love these! They’re gluten free too. I want to make the crust again with a chocolate whip topping.

Low Carb No Carb Lemon Cheesecake Bars No Sugar Added

1 bar: Calories 165, 5g carbs, 3g fiber, 2g sugar, & 8 g protein!

Recipe makes 24~

Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 8.21.16 AM

Comments

• Karen

This is by FAR the best lemon cheesecake I’ve ever tasted!! I’ve been on LCHF for 2 months and have wasted so much money on ingredients for Keto-friendly desserts that never turn out as I expected. Not this one! It’s amazing!! I used a square 8×8 pan, because I wanted a thicker crust, and added an extra TBS of lemon juice because I’m obsessed with lemon, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. THANKS for the great post. This is my new favorite recipe EVER! 🙂

Reply to Karen
  • Martha Bell

Great recipe I have made quite a few times! I tweaked the crust by doing the following: 1/2 cup of almond flour, 1/4 cup of roasted and then finely chopped pecans, 2 tablespoons of Swerve.

Reply to Martha Bell
  • Khanh Quynh

It looks so yummy… Thank you so much <3

Reply to Khanh Quynh
  • Iz

Made this today exactly like the recipe says, only I used a 9×13″ metal baking dish. This made the ratio of crust to filling perfect. I put lemon zest on top also. YUM! Thank you for the recipe!

Reply to Iz
  • Michelle Solomon

I made this last night and had to substitute lime juice because I didn’t feel like running back to the grocery store. It’s a tasty, mildly tart low carb cheesecake. I had to use an 11 x 15 pan (a 9 x 13 would have been better but it currently has a casserole in it). I would have liked a little more tartness, and felt that the ratio of cheesecake to crust was approximately 1:1. I would double the cheesecake or make half of the recipe for the crust next time. Too much nutty crust makes for a grainy cheesecake. Will attempt again.

Reply to Michelle Solomon
  • Tirza

Thank you soooo much for this recipe! I just made it and it’s a HIT!!! I love love love how it came out and will def make it again!

Reply to Tirza
  • emme

Do you have a printable recipe, please? Thanks!

Reply to emme
  • Diane

Looks great. Plan to make it but will have a thinner crust and save carbs.

Reply to Diane
    • Debra L

Hi Diane did u make this recipe using a thinner crust? If so what was the measurements? Thinking about leaving out the crust.Thanks in advance

Reply to Debra L
  • Tammy

I’m not sure what baking stevia is. Can you give us a brand to look up or a link to the product you use please? It would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to Tammy
  • Robyn

Fantastic recipe. Made it today. So tasty.
    Thanks!!

Reply to Robyn
  • Kelseydean

You nailed it! These are amazing and I’m in love! Curved the sweet tooth in the keto lifestyle. It’s very easy to! Thank you!

Reply to Kelseydean
  • Khrissy

Any idea on how much sodium is in these? My boyfriend is on a low/no sodium diet and he loves lemon bars 🙁

Reply to Khrissy

yum these are tasty!

• Lisa

Can you use coconut flour or regular instead of almond flour?

Reply to Lisa
    • Jess G

I would finely chop almonds and use reg flour to make meaurements.. Would obviously make calories higher and not gluten free, but if u are familiar with how a cheesecake crust would be, then try it.. The topping is what will steal the show, hope this helps

Reply to Jess G
  • Cruz Ronning

cool

Reply to Cruz Ronning
  • Rachel

It looks great, but I’m with everyone else – what size pan did you use OR what size should we use to get the recommended size bar? Also, if I wanted to use xylitol or sugar, how much should I use in place of the Stevia?

Reply to Rachel
  • Linda

This looks yummy – Stevia blends well with lemon.

Does anyone know what baking stevia is? How is it different from regular stevia? Could you provide a link to where we could get it?

Thanks! 🙂

Reply to Linda
    • Anonymous

brand name truvia. I got mine at walmart anad is available on line. They also have a brwon sugar version.

• joie

Hi Anonymous,
        Please ignore my last note. I just found what you were referring to at WalMart. Thanks – this is great!

Reply to joie
      • joie

Hi there.
        I bout Stevia in powder form at Trader Joes. Is that the same thing?
        It seems like a cup of this would be a LOT!
        I’m confused. Wondering if baking stevia is different than regular stevia?
        Thanks much!

Reply to joie
  • Christy

These are ridiculously delicious. Been on the low/ no carb diet for 3 weeks now and this is one of the tastiest recipes I’ve tried. I even brought some in for my co- workers!!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

Reply to Christy
  • Jeannette

If I wanted to replace the almond flour with coconut flour any suggestions?

Reply to Jeannette
  • Dagmar

Hi,
    I just came accross this, and it looks great.
    I don’t live int he US, so I have some problems with your measurements of the ingredients, since on my side of the pond we tend to not use “package” as a size for baking or cooking.

your garden variety package of cream cheese is how many grams? or cups? or ounces?

and I have no idea what baking stevia is…. or how to get it here, even if I liked the stevia taste…. how much sugar (in cups or grams) would be the equivalent for baking stevia?

please forgive any abuse of your language, I’m not a native speaker, but really appreciate your help.
    thanks

Reply to Dagmar
    • Abigail

A typical package of cream cheese in the US is 8 ounces, so for this recipe (3 packages), you’ll need 24 ounces of cream cheese.

As for the baking stevia, if she used something like Truvia (a blend of stevia and sugar), you’ll use 1 cup of sugar for every 1/2 cup of stevia in the recipe.

Hope this helps!

Reply to Abigail
      • Ana

Isn’t 3 packages of cream cheese too much? It doesn’t look like 3 packages in the photo :/

Reply to Ana
      • Anonymous

681 grams approximately to those who don’t live in USA.

• Shellie

Making these now. I love the fact they are diet friendly and so easy to make!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Reply to Shellie
  • Cady

These are great! I made a raspberry flavor

Reply to Cady
  • Barb

I’ve made these lemon bars numerous times already. I just love them. They are one of my favorites that I’ve come across on Pinterest. I’ve been known to eat the
    whole pan myself cause no one else does low carb in the house. Keep those recipes coming.

Reply to Barb
  • Pauline A

Hi there
    What size are the cream cheese packages please?

Reply to Pauline A
  • Ajm1008

I used your recipe but made a few tweaks. I do not have Stevia so I substituted granulated Splenda and I used butter in the crust instead of coconut oil. In the filling I used a package of Sugar free lemon jello, I dissolved the jello powder in the pulpy juice of a large lemon and about a Tblsp maybe two of hot water. I zested the rind of the lemon and added it into the filling mixutre as well. Otherwise I followed what you have. This is a great recipe thank you for posting it.

Reply to Ajm1008
    • Ashley

@ajm1008 how much butter did you use instead coconut oil? And the same with the Splenda?

Thanks!

Reply to Ashley
  • Catherine Goosen

hi there,
    I’m from South Africa, so need to know what is the size of the packages of cream cheese. I make my own, so will need to weigh it off.

Reply to Catherine Goosen
    • Anonymous

How much cream cheese says 3 is that 4 oz size or 8 oz size?

• e

Typical US cream cheese comes in 8 oz. bars. That would be my guess.

Reply to e
  • Ashley

What size pan did you use? Not sure how to double the pan size without knowing the original dimensions. Several have asked with no response…

Reply to Ashley
  • Pauline

Just made this and LOVE it! I used 4 tbsp lemon juice because i love citrus but wow amazed with this recipe, it is helping me survive the transition to a ketogenic diet.

Reply to Pauline
  • Piper

Seriously, so many of us want to know the size pan that you used. That’s a standard requirement for a recipe. So, what is the size of the pan you used? Please!

Reply to Piper

Wow, made this for girl’s at work. We started a Weight Loss Challenge
    two weeks ago. Everyone wanted your recipe ! Thanks Loret form Canada

• Jess

What size pan did you use here (since you said you would use a larger pan)? Thanks!

Reply to Jess
  • D

Will you please tell us what size pan you used so we understand what two times the size we should use? 9×13?!!!

Reply to D
  • Sharon

This looks Delish!! Thank you for sharing ❤️ Can you please tell me what size dish you would suggest using? I can’t tell from your picture what size dish you used. Thanks for your help!

Reply to Sharon
  • Mary

I wanted to try these but I was going to try Swerve sweetener and was wondering if it could be substituted in equal parts for the baking Stevia. Also, would a 13x/9 pan work? Thanks! They look delicious!

Reply to Mary
  • Barb

Can u tell me what size pan u used? U never answered that question. And can these be frozen?
    I’ve made these once already and they were fantastic but would like to freeze if possible so I don’t eat the whole pan like I did last time.
    Thanks

Reply to Barb
  • Sara Lagoni

OMG! I know I’m going to love this cake. Have to make it tomorrow

Reply to Sara Lagoni
  • Sarah

LEMON! yum. So the question is – can I use erythritol instead of Stevia. I am one of the 10% or so that find it extremely bitter.

Reply to Sarah
  • kendra Ellsworth

If I used a 9×13 pan would you recommend adjusting the baking time? I’ve not really ever baked cheesecakes and id be scared to over cook and mess it up! Hoping to make these for a party this weekend!
    Thanks!

Reply to kendra Ellsworth
  • Amanda

Taralynn,
    This recipe looks wonderful and I look forward to making it! Can you tell me what pan size you used? I’m asking because you mention using a bigger pan, but not sure what you used to begin with. Thanks!

Amanda

Reply to Amanda
  • Anonymous

Do these need to be kept in the fridge?

• Donna

YES, definitely keep in fridge.

Reply to Donna
  • katem

Use only full fat cream cheese for low carb!

Reply to katem
  • Teresa

Can it be made without a crust?

Reply to Teresa
  • mkouros

for low carb, use regular, full fat cream cheese. and what size pan are you supposed to use?

Reply to mkouros
  • jill

How does stevia baking blend measure to sugar? I want to use a mix of xylitol and erythritol which measure cup to cup. Thanks! Looks amazing!

Reply to jill
  • Shannon

Can you tell me what size pan you used?

Reply to Shannon
  • Linda Teet

I’ve never cooked with coconut oil before. I bought a jar; it looks like a solid, almost like Crisco. So, do i use it in the creamy form, or do I melt 1/4 cup yo use? Thanks for your help!!!

Reply to Linda Teet
  • Marie

How much cream cheese did you use? Love the recipe though, can’t wait to try them!!! Thank you so much!

Reply to Marie

3 packages of 1/3 less fat cream cheese 😀

• Toni

Do you use three 8 oz packages of cream cheese.

Reply to Toni
      • Jess

We don’t have that brand in Australia! Could you tell me how much each packet weighed so I can figure out the correct amount to use? Really want to try this recipe!

Reply to Jess
      • Cayce

How much fat/saturated fat per square?

Reply to Cayce
  • kiki

Hi, Thank you for this delicious looking recipe! I would like to try it asap, like now!!!!! But unfortunantly I dont live in the USA so have no idea how much cream cheese you used. Could you please tell me how many grams that is and if not at least in oz so I can convert. I see one person said they used 8oz of marscapone instead, but just want to be sure.

Reply to kiki
    • Janelle

A typical block/package of cream cheese in the US is 8 ounces/227 grams each.

Reply to Janelle
  • Sally

These look awesome! What size pan did you use?!

Reply to Sally
  • Vicky

These look amazing! Pinned and saved!

Reply to Vicky
  • Sally

It is killing me to wait 2 hours to cool…the batter tasted yummy…I did use 8 oz of mascarpone…lower salt…and squeezed another half a lemon in there for tang. I was wondering about the pan size…what did you use in the photos and what do you recommend for smaller bars?

Reply to Sally
  • Krystyna

I just love you. I use your recipes all the time and have never, ever once been disappointed. I am so glad you are always so willing to share your passion of fitness and cooking/baking with everyone; through that you are able to instill those passions in others, and that is such a wonderful thing. Keep it up! 🙂

Reply to Krystyna
  • Lia

I made these last night and dug into them this morning. I hate you because I just ate half the batch! Thank you for the recipe my friend and keep it up!

Reply to Lia
  • Nikita Khara

You should try making these with regular cream cheese! The lower fat kind has a lot more carb!!! I think your carb count is probably off :/

Reply to Nikita Khara
  • Emily

Hi Tara, these look amazing. Can you say (or did you and I missed it?) what size pan you used so we know what X2 larger would be? So excited I have all these ingredients already!

Reply to Emily
  • Cindy Baker

It is a shame some people have to be so hateful. Tara you handle yourself with such class. Easier to kill them with kindness than stoop to their level. I enjoy your blog.

Reply to Cindy Baker
  • Makki

I think I found perfect dessert! 🙂 or snack! Thank you!! It is totally out of topic but I am going to order coconut milk and I am not sure which one. Can you recommend me a brand Taralynn? Thank you :-)) have a nice day

Reply to Makki
  • Ranna

If I want to use natural stevia extract, not baking stevia, what is the quantity I should use? ? & will it affect the end products consistancy??? Mayday I got the ingredients started!!! Haha

Reply to Ranna
  • Cara

Does your 5g carb count include the 2g sugar or is it a total of 7g carbs with both of them together?

Reply to Cara
  • Ash

Question! In the beginning you said to preheat the oven to 350 but then it said to bake the crust for 20 mins at 325. Just wondering which one I should use? Do I use the same temperature for the crust and the cheesecake part? But then again I have these in the oven right now soooo good luck to me! haha!

Reply to Ash
  • Rachel

I love those dishes, Taralynn! Blue is my favorite color. Where did you get them?

Reply to Rachel
  • Rebecca

Fantastic job on the photos! I just want to stick a fork and take a bite out of one of those bars!!! YUM, can’t wait to make these !! Love that they are no added sugar, low carb, and high in protein and fiber!

Great post Tara!! Keep it up girlfriend! XO

Reply to Rebecca
  • Emily

Do you know how much fat these have? I know almonds have healthy fats but I eat very low amounts of fat, so I’m nervous about the almond flour (even though almond flour tastes DELISH in anything)

Reply to Emily
  • ML Bishop

It would be so cute to top these with blueberries and strawberries for a July 4th party! Recipe looks awesome, thanks!

Reply to ML Bishop
  • Kams

I’m not huge on lemony things but I think I would actually like this! Yummy!

Reply to Kams
  • Melanie

Yum! I know what I’m making for my next dessert 🙂 These look awesome!

Reply to Melanie
  • Kimber

Those look fantastic!

Reply to Kimber
  • Kim

My god you’re an idiot.. Stevia “baking blend” has real sugar in it… So these aren’t sugar free like you claim… Do a little research before false advertising for clicks cunt

Reply to Kim
    • Kim

Ew you’re a nasty &itch!

Reply to Kim
    • Elizabeth

Wow Kim, really? I think it goes to reason (with most reasonable people) that the recipe is intended to be low carb/sugar. In the same way that “decaf” actually has a little caffeine. To slam someone as rudely and inappropriately as you have here is way inappropriate and uncalled for. Do a little research yourself and come up with a truly non-sugar alternative if you want. Whatev. In the meantime, try the recipe. It’s good. Clearly you appear to be a little “hangry”.

Reply to Elizabeth
    • Ann

So Kim, I think you’ve just proven that you’re the idiot, if you read the post she doesn’t claim that it’s sugar free and shows that it contains 2 grams of sugar. And, ya, it truly takes an idiot to use the inappropriate words you decided to use in a public forum. Go back in your dark hole and hide, where idiots should be.

Reply to Ann
    • Anonymous

Kim- you are rude. Spew your negativity in a journal instead of in the comments.

• Kellie

Wow…go easy Kim….just saying…

Reply to Kellie

Overreact much?

• Barbie

And you’re a bitch.

Reply to Barbie
    • Anonymous

Kim, was that really necessary.

• Anonymous

And she didn’t say BAKING BLEND ,ding dong and you can use a cup of stevia. AND she used the words “low sugar”. Ehat is WRONG with you talking like this. If ya dont like this page then go make your own and try to find out if you have any cooking skills of your own.

• Anonymous

It is such a shame you left this reply in such an ugly way. I had a question about stevia baking blend…which you answered. I don’t understand why you have to be so foul. The title says low carb…not sugar free. Keep your issues between yourself and your therapist.

• Anonymous

Your language is totally inappropriate and unnecessary. You can get the point across without being rude and crude.

OH Kim…do you kiss your gramma with that mouth ?? Unnecessarily harsh

• Tonya

your response sounds really mature

Reply to Tonya
    • T

Wow! There is a way to say things and a way not to…. Your comment would be the improper way just in case you were wondering…

Reply to T
    • spainrain

you’re a bully and a cunt. go walk into moving traffic. do YOU have a blog? do YOU know how to help people bake healthy? Didn’t think so. Move on to a chat room for angry assholes.

THANK YOU TARALYNN! I LOVE ALL YOUR RECIPES. TOO BAD THE WORLD IS FULL OF SCUM LIKE KIM.

Reply to spainrain
    • Anonymous

Kim..you need meds and anger mgmt classes.

• Anonymous

You need meds and anger mgmt classes.

So unnecessary

• emily

Pathetic, Kim

Reply to emily
    • Teresa

I truly hope you don`t eat with that dirty mouth!

Reply to Teresa
    • Jane

Wow, you’re an idiot. On most products that have less than 5gs of sugar, they are allowed to put 0g of sugar on the products.. so yah..

Reply to Jane
    • Jacklyn

I bet you wouldn’t say things like that to someone’s face….coward!!
      Such a “Big girl” hiding behind that computer screen huh.

Taralynn these bars look delish! I just got all the ingredients yesterday and am excited to try them! Hopefully they last more than a couple days at my house lol! 🙂

Reply to Jacklyn
    • Katie

No where on her post does it say “Sugar Free,” so I have no idea where you got that from. It says “low sugar,” which it is, and “no sugar added,” because there isn’t any added. Stop attacking someone for no reason, especially someone who is just sharing her passions and writing with the world. Women shouldn’t put other women down! We need to support each other.
      Keep on shining Taralynn, you’re awesome.

Reply to Katie
    • Karla

What is the point of calling her a nasty name? She is not the one that looks like an “idiot” here. Lift people up, don’t put them down.

Reply to Karla
    • jvanadium

You are a spiteful bitch. Go throw your negativity elsewhere.

Reply to jvanadium
    • Kams

Get therapy. Seriously. Or just stop coming to this blog.

Reply to Kams
    • Callie

Wow…there is only .5g of sugar per 1tsp of baking stevia, she used 1 cup which = 48 tsps and a max of 24g sugar for the ENTIRE batch. If you eat 1/24th of the batch then you will likely be getting less than one gram of sugar from the stevia in one serving. How about you do your research.

Reply to Callie
      • Cassie

So if you wanted to use pure stevia should you lessen the amount since it’s sweeter than sugar?

Reply to Cassie

Wonderful.

• Anonymous

We are making them now, but we used truvia instead hope is tastes as good.

• Mission

Keep doing what your doing, We appreciate something new to try!

Reply to Mission
      • Emily

Thank you for this wonderful recipe, Taralynn. I’m making these right now for my family. Don’t let the negative replies bother you, You have an awesome talent in sharing your great recipes with others.
        Have blessed day!

Reply to Emily
  • Cassie

What a delicious and guilt-free recipe!! I LOVE lemon bars!

Reply to Cassie
  • Haylee

Yummm!! My mom is a huge fan of lemon & cheesecake so I will definitely be making these for her!!

Reply to Haylee

I think the hardest part ever is to wait for the food to cool.I just want to dig in! Will this work at ricotta too, maybe?

• Mary Sokolowski

oooh can’t wait to try this!!

Word of advice to anyone who also will be attempting to make this: use pure stevia extract, not just any product calling itself stevia! A lot of the products contain filler ingredients, in which case you may be better off using regular sugar unless you’re diabetic 🙂 if the price seems too good to be true, it probably isn’t pure stevia extract!

Reply to Mary Sokolowski
    • Amanda

What it the conversation of Baking stevia to liquid stevia? and would it have been the same measurement of baking stevia and pure stevia extract?

Reply to Amanda
  • Emily Weir

I’ve been craving citrus flavored desserts lately so I’ll have to try these next! They don’t look like they’d be too heavy either, which is always an added benefit for the summer months 🙂

Reply to Emily Weir
  • Belen`

Is the nutrition information you posted for 1 serving being the 24 pieces you mentioned the recipe actually called for or is it one serving of the 12 pieces you made?

Reply to Belen`