Lemon Garlic Cream Cheese Smoked Salmon Baguettes!

Washington D.C. National Monument Lincoln Memorial

I am so exhausted from our exploration adventure today; I’m struggling to stay awake. We backed out on going to Baltimore and decided to explore D.C. some more instead. I have a giant post to blog tomorrow about our day, but before I head off to bed, I wanted to blog our dinner!

Whole Foods Broccoli Salad and Salmon Tables

After walking over ten miles, we stopped at Whole Foods to pick up some ingredients to make dinner. I really wanted to make my broccoli salad for T.C. because he loves it and I wanted to try to recreate the Tabla De Salmon from La Tasca that we had the other night .

tabla de salmon

I wasn’t too sure of their recipe, but I paid close attention to the flavors to come up with the ingredients to make it close.

Lemon Infused Cream Cheese Smoked Salmon Baguettes

Ingredients: 1 Package Lower Fat Cream Cheese, 2 tsps garlic, juice from 1/2 small lemon, black pepper, red onion slices, capers, smoked salmon, and a french baguette.

Lemon Infused Cream Cheese Smoked Salmon Baguettes

First stir the lemon, cream cheese, garlic, and pepper to taste together. Taste test the cream cheese to make sure it doesn’t need more garlic, lemon, or pepper.

Lemon Infused Cream Cheese Smoked Salmon Baguettes

While you’re making the cream cheese mixture, place the baguette in the oven for 5-7 minutes at 300 degrees to heat. Once you take the baguette out, slice it into little pieces.

Lemon Infused Cream Cheese Smoked Salmon Baguettes

Spread the cream cheese over the baguette.

Lemon Infused Cream Cheese Smoked Salmon Baguettes

Add the smoked salmon, red onion, capers, and more black pepper.

Lemon Infused Cream Cheese Smoked Salmon Baguettes

These were so easy to make and they’re a perfect appetizer idea. This is probably one of the best tasting quick meals I’ve ever made and eaten. T.C. and Karlee loved them too! They were pretty darn close to the restaurants version! I didn’t know smoked salmon tasted so freaking good! Where have I been?

Lemon Infused Cream Cheese Smoked Salmon Baguettes

I seriously could have eaten the entire baguette. I bet they would be good on bell pepper slices too!

Vegetarian Broccoli Salad

I also made my broccoli salad but a vegetarian version for my brother. I used vegetarian bacon and added baked ramen noodles.

Lemon Infused Cream Cheese Smoked Salmon Baguettes

T.C. grilled chicken for Karlee and I and a veggie burger for himself! The dinner was fabulous!

Lemon Infused Cream Cheese Smoked Salmon Baguettes

I will post my adventure first thing in the morning! xo

Comments

• Georgia

I’ll give this 10 stars. SO GOOD!

Reply to Georgia
  • Tresa

This recipe was awesome at our party last night. Thank you! I sent you pictures on Facebook.

Reply to Tresa
  • Cindi

I make something very similar to this but use a Boboli pizza crust and add a little horseradish to the cream cheese.

Reply to Cindi
  • NC

I’ve lived in the DC area for 3 years and I’ve never been a fan of LaTasca, but this salmon baguette may convince me to re-try it… or, at least, make your version at home with my own sangria! YUM. I bed it would be awesome on grilled bread, or since I try to do low-carb during the week, served on cucumber slices.

Reply to NC

I was actually going to try it on cucumbers!

I had a really good experience at La Tasca! There are some restaurants i’ve been to that people rave about and I didn’t like too much either! It really depends on your personal preference 🙂 You should at least try the salmon ones I made or stop in for just an appetizer! xo

• NYC

Oh yeah. This is a super common way to eat smoked salmon. It’s pretty much how you eat a bagel in NYC.

Reply to NYC
  • Natasha

Ahhh I’ve been craving salmon; I can’t wait to try these! I think they’d be great on cucumber instead of bread, too.

Reply to Natasha
  • Shandaridesbikes

Taralynn, you have outdone yourself! I ate at La Tasca years ago when I was in Alexandria. I’ve been craving the salmon appetizer ever since. I made your version last night and it was just as good as La Tasca’s if not better. Thank you for bringing this recipe into my life. I love you forever!

Reply to Shandaridesbikes
  • Ashton Jury

These look amazing!! I can’t wait to make them, or when I eventually make it to DC myself check out this place! You look like you’re having a blast! If you ever go to Seattle make sure to check out Fat Duck’s Deli & Bakery I had the best bagel lox sandwich there. Oh and I do have one question, do you think whipped cream cheese would work instead of lowfat? I love whipped, and I like how easy it is to deal with.

Reply to Ashton Jury
  • Emily

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I was vegetarian for the last 8 years so I have very little experience with preparing/buying meats. I’m gonna start integrating some seafood in my diet to see if I like it but I don’t want to actually cook meats in my home, which leads me to my question: did you have to do any cooking of the salmon after you bought it? Like did it come ready to eat, or was there any prep involved? I don’t mind if I have to do any defrosting or heating, but I won’t actually COOK meat in my house.

Reply to Emily
    • Heather

I’m a pescatarian. You can actually buy the salmon like this. It’s called either smoked salmon or lox. 🙂

Reply to Heather
    • Pritha

Hi Emily! In case she doesn’t get to respond- just wanted to let you know that it comes all prepared! In my grocery store- you just buy it in a package from the seafood counter (no defrosting needed) and it’s ready to use! I personally don’t like the flavor (though I LOVE fish) so if you don’t like- don’t think you won’t like any other preparation of salmon. I’m sure there are frozen cooked salmon in your grocery store- among other fishes!

Reply to Pritha
  • Cassie

Fancy! Salmon is delish!

Reply to Cassie
  • Emily Weir

I’m not a fan of seafood, but your recipes always make me wish I was. Looks delicious! Can’t wait to hear more about your adventures in DC too…it’s always been one of my favorite cities.

Reply to Emily Weir
  • Amanda

This looks delicious!

Reply to Amanda

Nothing is like the combo of smoked salmon, cucumber and cream cheese. 🙂