Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins

11136812_846971938682717_2137350449_n 11149004_846971972016047_86033876_n-2

This morning, I made some blueberry almond flour muffins! I was surprised with how well they turned out! I used Paleoaholic’s recipe for blackberry paleo muffins. I love the taste of the almond flour over the  regular flour which is surprising. The texture was perfect and the muffins were moist! I’m all about a low carb/high protein breakfast muffin! These are perfect for breakfast, pre workouts, or even dessert!

ALMOND FLOUR/LOW CARB/NO SUGARR ADDED BLUEBERRY MUFFINS!

Ingredients:

• 2 cups almond flour
  • 4 eggs, 3 packets stevia in the raw
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  •  2 cups blueberries.
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. In a medium bowl mix baking soda and almond flour
  3. In a mixing bowl combine eggs, stevia and vinegar
  4. Combine both stirring until combined and add the berries
  5. Using a ¼ cup scoop out batter into a paper lined muffin pan
  6. Bake for 15min or until slightly browned

Original Recipe Found Here

Comments

• Mike

Just made these..pretty awesome!

Reply to Mike
  • Donna M.

So I don’t know what went wrong. They were tolerable but tasted eggy to me. Also didn’t look like the picture at all. I used almond flour/meal. Is that wrong? Maybe I didn’t mix it correctly?

Reply to Donna M.
  • Nikki

Mine was more of a dough than a batter. What did I do wrong?

Reply to Nikki
  • Dina

They were delicious!!!

Reply to Dina
  • Ana

I used a Nutrition Calculator for the recipe, I know I really wanted to see the Nutritional info with this as well.
    Calories 62
    Total fat: 3.9g
    Saturated fat: 0.6g
    Cholesterol: 55mg
    Sodium: 73mg
    Total Carbohydrates: 4.6g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
    Total sugars: 2.7g
    Protein: 3g
    Hope this helps!

Reply to Ana
    • Christel

Hi which almond flour are you using? or how many muffins this recipe is for ? I’m wondering because when I calculated the calories with a scan nutrition calculator, it showed up 158 calories 12g fat, Carb 7g, and 6g prot

Reply to Christel
  • Cristina Stewart

Do you have the nutrition info for this recipe? I am doing the Keto diet and I made these w walnuts and want to put the info in my app to keep track! Thank you!

Reply to Cristina Stewart
  • Anonymous

Absolutely delicious!

Reply to Anonymous
  • Laura

I took a few liberties with the recipe and added coconut flour and greek yogurt. Yum! Probably didn’t need it but Greek yogurt is a staple in all my baking. It turned out amazing.

Reply to Laura
  • Karen M.

Very good recipe! I didn’t have stevia on hand so substituted less than a quarter cup of maple syrup. I also found that two cups of blueberries were way too much for my taste I doubled the other ingredients. Delicious! I decided to make a batch with no sweetener, also very good! Thank you so much! It is now in the rotation!

Reply to Karen M.
  • Olivia

Thanks to this recipe now I have an idea what to do with my almond flour at home. Almond flour is healthier than wheat. I’m really excited to bake and eat wholesome food.

Reply to Olivia
  • Gracious Store

Yummy, a good recipe to try

Reply to Gracious Store
  • Kristin C

I’ve never baked with apple-cider vinegar, but I just bought some (for my skin, which is working quite well) so I can use it to make this recipe too, haha.

Reply to Kristin C
    • Anna

Same here! It sounds like a cool recipe. Almond flour has so much more flavor than white or even wheat flour. It’s so buttery…Mmm! These look great!

Reply to Anna
  • Emily Weir

I need to give these a try! I’ve been looking for a new breakfast option to mix it up. Any estimate on what the calories are for one?

Reply to Emily Weir
  • ML Bishop

Looks rad- I’m going to try making these with chopped strawberries.

Reply to ML Bishop

perfect season for it!

• Amanda N Wedgewood

Hi, I dont use or have stevia! I have pure cane maple syrup, pure cane sugar, local raw honey or unsweetened apple sauce. Will any of these make a good substitute for the Stevia? I am new to clean living and eating. Thank you for your time and reply! Amanda

Reply to Amanda N Wedgewood
  • Kendall

I love recipes with almond flour. I made your chocolate chip cookies and they were scrumptious.

Reply to Kendall

Aw yeah, al about that low carb life 🙂

• Cassie

It’s gonna be hard not eating all of them 😉

Reply to Cassie