Honey Mustard Popcorn Chicken Salad!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Happy Saturday, Everyone!

I am going to explore more of the state today! Before I head out, I want to leave this delicious salad fix! There are all kinds of unhealthy foods that I refuse to give up. I like to incorporate them into my meals in “healthier ways”. I used to eat popcorn chicken with a side of fries and extra ketchup. Now, I top my salads with popcorn chicken instead! I get my popcorn chicken fix and salad fix at the same time. It’s a win/win situation. I normally make the chicken myself with this recipe, but sometimes take the easy way out and buy the all natural popcorn chicken at Whole Foods.

I made this salad a couple nights ago. (Instead of blue cheese on mine, I used feta.) I also used raspberry vinaigrette instead of honey mustard. You can customize it any way you want! It’s also delicious with popcorn shrimp! Oh! And I used spring blend mix lettuce instead of iceberg on mine. My friend isn’t a fan of the darker green lettuce.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Ingredients: 3 cups lettuce, garlic croutons, crispy fried onions (the kind you put on green bean casserole 😉 lite honey mustard dressing, sweet banana peppers, jalapeños, blue cheese crumbles, and baked popcorn chicken!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And of course….he’s always creeping!

Comments

• Starla J

My kids love popcorn chicken so this may be a fun way to get them to eat more salads!?! Thank you for sharing!

Reply to Starla J
  • Lisanne

Hi lady! I love your blog…

And I was scrolling through the comments. Love your post back “hater” to that girl talking about Mr. Grumples, and you…well done!

xo

Reply to Lisanne
  • Celeste

Oh gosh that video was so funny!! Thanks for sharing that!!

Reply to Celeste
  • Cindy

That salad looks delicious!
    I have a question, do you know any tricks how i could control my food cravings? I`ve read your post about it, but in my head i just kind of ignore everything and then eat lots of snacks in between my (actually healthy) meals, but thats exactly why i`m out of shape. And i just don`t know how to control that.

I love your blog! Thank you so much for all the inspiration!

Reply to Cindy
  • Melina

Hey Tara! I really like ur posts. But I am always wondering how much you REALLY eat because, come on, u aren’t going to stay that thin when u eat all this stuff u are posting?? And I really have to say: U might have a crush on ur dog but he is really really ugly and looks some kind of hmmm dirty and lousy all the time. Anyway,keep on going if u feel good the way u do right now.

Reply to Melina
      • Shyann

Why would someone go to All the trouble to read everything and go all the way down the page to comment? If it annoys you, then in the right hand top corner of your screen, yes right there… There is this symbol – where you can close the page and continue with your life undisturbed.
        You’re welcome!

PS: ALL dogs in the Universe are Gorgeous and adorable, no matter how “Ugly” they might seem!

Reply to Shyann
      • Mary

Great response, lol!

Reply to Mary
      • Celeste

Alrighty Melina, that was rude. Everyone’s body is different and what Tara may be able to eat (while maintaining her body weight) is not what others else can eat. Besides that point, she actually eats really healthy most of the time!! She takes unhealthy foods and makes them better for you. Plus she works out a shit load. And it’s okay to splurge on food occasionally. Live a little!
        Also, Mr Grumples is adorable. I love seeing her posts about him. Don’t hate on her curly furred, beautiful angel dog.

Reply to Celeste
  • Lindsay

Your photos are just so great! Looks delicious 😀

Reply to Lindsay
  • Amber

We don’t have all natural popcorn chicken around here:[ But it looks soo good! Lol

That video is so funny!! Thanks for sharing it[:

Reply to Amber
  • Carley

Oh my gosh. That video is sooo funny! I don’t even know what i would do if i saw someone doing that at the gym. I was laughing so hard watching that! Thanks for posting it 🙂

Reply to Carley
  • Paige

I am obsessed with Southern Charm. You should do a little blog on Charleston so we can see what it’s like from a “Yankee’s” perspective.

Reply to Paige
  • lisa

This looks amazing .i cant wait to make it.. i love ur blog u inspire me to eat better to live better. Thank you. Have fun exploring:)

Reply to lisa
  • Sarah

That salad looks so good, it’s not even funny. I haven’t had popcorn chicken in forever!!

xx Sarah
    Loser Girl Wins // Bloglovin

Reply to Sarah
  • Amanda

Hey! The video was hysterical! Loved it! 🙂

Reply to Amanda
  • Sophia

This looks so delicious! Do you have a recipe for popcorn chicken?

Reply to Sophia

I bought the chicken in the picture, but use this recipe for chicken nuggets!:)http://simplytaralynn.com/2011/12/28/healthy-baked-mcnuggets/

• Nicole

I can’t bring up your recipie for popcorn chicken, do you have a link? Let me know please!!
        Thank you!

Reply to Nicole
  • Anna

I have never heard of popcorn chicken before, but it looks so delicious, I have to try it! I love your posts, can’t gett enough of them! Would you mind if I mention you and your blog in my blog as my biggest inspiration and motivation?

Reply to Anna