Good morning, everyone!
I’m excited to share my recipe for low carb lemon poppy muffins. It’s the last weekend in January, and I think it’s about time we pop out the citrus recipes! I heard it helps spring get here faster! 😉 Lemon poppy seed muffins are my second favorite muffin, blueberry muffins being the first. Sometimes, I’ll combine the two by adding blueberries to the lemon poppy seed muffins, and it’s like heaven chucked it at me from above.
You need to add this recipe to your weekend plans! 🍋 Since switching over to a lower-carb diet, I’ve been having so much fun recreating my favorite recipes to fit into this new lifestyle. My cravings come at random times, and I head to the kitchen and try whipping things together. That’s how this lemon poppy seed muffin came about. I made it one morning around 7 am, and couldn’t believe how good it turned out! I literally just threw ingredients into a bowl, and it worked like magic. I made a few changes to the second batch to perfect it, but this recipe is easy and can be made in about 25-minutes without dragging all the mixers and bowls out.
The texture of these muffins is unbelievable and even better than the real deal. The top is crumbly; the middle is moist (sorry, the only synonyms for that word are damp, soggy, etc.) and fluffy! You can usually tell when recipes are made “healthy’ but not with this one. I get asked a lot about substitutions in recipes. “Will regular flour work?” “Can I use real sugar” Honesty, I haven’t made these muffins any other way. There are some substitutions you can certainly do, though!
Milk – You can sub the almond milk for any milk.
Lemon Extract – Use fresh lemons!
I purchased these adorable culinary Alma’s company baking cups at Walmart. They come in a pack of 36, and the insides are grease resistant, so they don’t bleed through or stick to the cupcake. I bought about five boxes of them because of how amazing they are! They come in stripes, swirls, and polka dots. Look how perfect that muffin is! The muffin tops are always the best.
Low Carb Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins | Simply Taralynn
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Monk Fruit
- 1/4 Cup Golden Monk Fruit
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the almond flour, baking powder, salt, poppy seeds, monk fruit, and golden monk fruit.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, almond milk, and lemon extract.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the almond flour and mix well.
- Fill nine liners 3/4th full with batter and bake for 20-minutes.
- Let them cool for ten minutes and transfer to a serving plate.You can store them in the refrigerator or on the countertop.
I have a feeling you’re going to LOVE this recipe! Make sure to tag me in your recipe pics. I love sharing them!
I hope you all have the best weekend! It’s my last weekend in my twenties! 😮 😉
Questions for you!
- Lemon muffins or blueberry?
- What low carb dessert do you want to see next? (I was thinking cheesecake!)
- What food reminds you of spring?