After walking off the tennis courts this afternoon, I was craving warm chocolate chip cookies! I knew exactly what I was going to do when I got home. What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon?
I wanted to make a batch of cookies that were healthy enough to have in the morning with coffee while I read or as a post-workout snack. I’m always so hungry after my Sweat App workouts. We usually store cookies in the freezer, and I’m so excited to have them for the week! They turned out so delicious, and I had some time to post the recipe before heading out for dinner this evening. I really hope you all make this cookie recipe because they are so darn tasty! These cookies are crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle. They don’t get much better than that! They are made without butter, no processed sugar, and healthier ingredients. I used coconut oil, maple syrup, oats, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon, dairy-free chocolate chips, gluten-free flour, shredded coconut, and sea salt. The fluffiest cookies ever! The best part is that you don’t need an electric mixer; you only need a big bowl to combine all the ingredients before throwing them into the oven. This recipe makes 22 cookies!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with Coconut & Maple Syrup
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil Melted
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- Mix the rolled oats, cinnamon, gluten-free flour, shredded coconut, sea salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and egg into the large bowl.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Add two tablespoon-sized dough balls onto a baking sheet two inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
I hope you are all having an amazing weekend so far! ♥️ Can’t wait to catch up with you all in the weekly recap post.
Questions for you!
- Did you bake anything this weekend?
- What is your favorite cookie?