It’s been a lovely Sunday so far.
I woke up at 6 am yesterday to head to a HIIT workout, so I missed out on morning cuddles, and a long dog walk with the pups. This morning, I woke up to Grumples licking my face. It’s his way of saying “scoot over and let me in.” Kyle and I took a long walk with the pups this morning, and it was so nice out. Now, I’m finally sitting down with my coffee! Sometimes I just have the urge to blog, so I’m going to share a cinnamon blueberry muffin recipe that I made over the weekend.
I’ve been pretty vocal about my love for blueberries. I like them best when they are cooked into desserts or tossed into pancakes 🙂 On Friday evening, I decided to bake up some blueberry oatmeal muffins! And they were so tasty! I even threw them into my waffles this morning 🙂
Healthy Cinnamon Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cups Quick Oats
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour (you can use any flour type)
- 1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Tsps. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp. Almond Extract
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Swerve (or stevia)
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, melted coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, almond extract, Swerve, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda together.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- Carefully, mix the blueberries into the bowl with the muffin batter.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the twelve serving muffin pan. (approximately 1/3 cup)
- Bake 20-23 minutes. All ovens cook differently, so keep an eye on them! They'll be slightly brown around the edges.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for fifteen minutes.
- Enjoy 🙂 They are really good kept in the refrigerator, or you can store them on the counter for 2-3 days.
Kyle and I have been enjoying these all weekend! I used them for a pre-workout yesterday 🙂
Questions for you!
- Are you a blueberry lover?
- Do you want me continue to adding the printable version of my recipes in posts?
- What was the last thing you baked?