I Did a Little “Fallerizing” today.

IMG_6656

How does one write a blogpost after watching a Nicholas Sparks movie? I’m feeling, happy, sad, mad, overwhelmed and every other kind of emotion. I just watch The Longest Ride and it was wonderful. It makes me want to go out and explore more of the Carolinas because it was beautiful.

It was so chilly this morning. It’s been raining and in the low sixty’s all week long. I’m not used to it yet; it was a hundred degrees just last month. I watched my movie this afternoon in a long sleeve shirt, leggings and my booties. It wasn’t this chilly last year. Maybe something is wrong with me because I just can’t get warm. I decided to head to Target after church to pick up some fall  sheets for my bedroom, hoping that it’ll keep me warm!

PicMonkey Collage

I still need to get a new duvet because my grey stripes do not go well with the plaid. I also need new curtains. I’m thinking about a cream, olive, or camel color. What do you think? I love the duvets at Ikea, so if you see one on there, send me the link. I’m all for new websites too! Send them my way!

10% off on Home items with code: FALLHOME

PicMonkey-Collage7

The before look.

IMG_6590

I decided to go big. I went with the flannel sheets. They’ll be nice for the fall and winter. I was shocked at how reasonably priced these were. They were only 26.99 for a queen set and that came with one fitted sheet, two pillowcases and one flatsheet. They’re incredibly soft.

IMG_6630

I also picked up some plaid pillows.

The two plaid pillows (minus the one that came in the sheet set) are threshold plaid pillows and only $19.99 a piece. They come in different colors. My favorite was the cream.

Mr. Moose is from Ikea.

IMG_6635

The camel colored threshold cable knit throw pillow was also only $19.99. I want to go back and get the rest of the colors.

PicMonkey Collage

So I’ve always made my bed a little differently than most…(I’ve always been different than most)

Every two weeks, I remove my mattress cover and wash it. After it’s clean, I put it back on and add fresh sheets. After I add the first layer of sheets, I add two giant down feather comforters. Then, I add the flat sheet on top of the two comforters and then the duvet. I fold the duvet over so I can show off my sheets. (try to ignore the grey, it’ll change soon).

IMG_6644

As soon as I brought out the camera to take photos, Grumples had to hop on my bed. He either loves the camera or knew he fit the part. Maybe he was just testing the soft factor.

IMG_6660

I’ve had this basket for years. I keep my throw blankets and booties in it for the fall.

IMG_6663

The rust color knit blanket is new too. It’s only $24.99 and comes in all kinds of fall colors. I need to get the camel one for my couch.

IMG_6666

My mirror looks great with the fall colors.

IMG_6676

I think he belongs in a Target Ad 🙂

IMG_6684

I also bought these rustic red hydrangeas in a cement pot in the fall section.

IMG_6700

Grumps got a couple new toys too. He’s been all about toys lately, which is great! I thought he was getting to the dog age where toys don’t matter, but nope.

IMG_6710

Another fun Idea for making your room look “Fall-er-ized” is taking the blanket scarves and turning them into throw blankets.

IMG_6726

This is the “Football Stadium Scarf” from my collection and I have it in more colors. Yes, I’m watching Revenge.

IMG_6729

So this was my little fall-er-ization activities for the day and hopefully the next time you see my room, I’ll have a new duvet and curtains.

Oh, and I went into Target only for sheets…

11909176_1149308728430254_586392252_n

A pic from @lau123n instagram!

This post was not sponsored by Target and all opinions/items are my own, however, there is an affiliate link attached.

Comments

• Katie

That’s amazing your dad built your bed! I been thinking about doing that myself. Do you know what plans he used?

Reply to Katie
  • Sal

GORGEOUS!

Reply to Sal
  • Lacey

BEAUTIFUL ROOM!

Reply to Lacey
  • laurel

Where did you get your bed frame from? Also I was wondering, since you have a queen bed, and like me too, love getting duvet covers from ikea, what size do you purchase? Queen or King? I have a extra deep mattress (18″) and most sheets don’t cover the full mattress, and my ikea duvet cover that I love, sadly doesn’t reach but a few inches over the sides. 🙁

Also, since you make your bed a bit “differently” do you sleep under both of those duvet covers that are under the sheet? just wondering, because it looks super comfy, but then you wont have the sheet on you.

Reply to laurel

My dad actually built it for me 🙂 I always purchase king size duvets because i like them to be huge and hang over the sides. I sleep on top of one of the duvets and use my other for the cover! 😀

• alexa jasinski

where is your wall shelf from below your tv ?

Reply to alexa jasinski
  • Ashton Jury

Just saw this post and had to giggle, I was at Target yesterday and bought the same flannel sheets and orange blanket! It’s not cold (but today it is rainy) here in California yet, but I figured I should get them before I can’t find them. Love the look of your room, reminds me of mine a bit, I just added some fake pumpkins and new candles from World Market. <3

Reply to Ashton Jury
  • Ana

I love the plaid look. I also miss Target (I moved to the UK from the US about a year ago). The UK has really nice things, but they are just not as comfy and familiar as stuff from Target!

PS – I love your room, grumbles and your story 🙂

Reply to Ana
  • Jessica

I LOVE Revenge! It’s such a great show, but it’s very addicting! I wish it was still on the air 🙂

Reply to Jessica
  • Ariel

do you have a publix near by?! they are selling their cinnamon brooms! Love decorating with them and they smell amazingggg. I like to paint mine black and add glitter! 😀

Reply to Ariel
  • Bianca

Decorating for seasons isn’t something that is done where I live. People might put up some Xmas decos but that’s it. Do you decorate the rest of your house or just the bedroom?

Reply to Bianca
  • Jill

Your room looks so great! I haven’t put my flannel sheets on the bed yet, but I love the extra coziness. You have so many pillows on your bed! Love the look but it would drive my fiance nuts!!

Reply to Jill
  • alyssa

I love the new Fall look, I always just walk in for 1 thing and surprise, it’s a cart full. I have the same basket for my sons toy basket, love how it hides things so well.

Reply to alyssa
  • Abby

My target doesn’t have any flannel sheets, im so jealous!

Reply to Abby
  • Kristin C

I love plaid! I almost wish the chilly would come back. This rainy and 80 Charlotte weather is even worse 🙁
    Ps- where was Tino?

Reply to Kristin C
  • Emma L

Congratulations on the shout out in today’s Charlotte Agenda!! Keep doing what you are doing 🙂

Reply to Emma L
  • Anne

Love this post!! I miss fall so much and everything that comes with it – changing colors outside, chillier weather, cozy flannels and all things pumpkin 🙂 After moving to LA from Iowa, I now look forward to the same weather every single day….

Reply to Anne
  • Caitlin

How do you keep a basket of booties and blankets in the same room as Grumples?? My 7 month old puppy would eat all of them in a heartbeat! I need advice!

Reply to Caitlin

Grumples knows his toys from my things:) He didn’t as a puppy though! You just have to keep encouraging him to play with his toys. Get his scent all over his toys and when he’s chewing on something he shouldn’t, just replace it with his!

• Abby

What a gorgeous transformation and on the cheap too! Getting my fall candles out and flipping my closet always makes me feel ready for autumn.

Reply to Abby
  • Kristin N

I love the idea of swapping out bedding for the seasons!!! So if I actually put that knit blanket on my target shopping lists it’s not an impulse target buy right??

Reply to Kristin N
  • Brittany

I love the plaid sheets! Very fall-esque 🙂 I also like to change my bedding with the seasons…Jealous of your temperatures, it hasn’t been that cold yet in DC…I’m ready for some real fall weather!

Reply to Brittany
  • Melissa

OMG! I NEED THAT MOOSE!!!! As soon as I read it was from Ikea, I immediately had to look it up online… and became sad because it’s only available in stores 🙁

Reply to Melissa
  • Lanna

You’re making me want to move out of my house to get my own place and decorate! I’m obsessed 🙂

Reply to Lanna
  • Susi

Your bed looks so cozy, and I really like this pattern! For the curtains I think cream would look great. And the baskets are really cool and that little shelf below your TV! So basically I like everything about your bedroom. 🙂

And I love fall so much, especially when it gets a bit colder. 🙂

Reply to Susi
  • shanna

I fell in love with nc while watching dawson’s creek back in the day. Nicholas sparks novels and movies have just fed into my obsession. your room looks amazing!

Reply to shanna
  • Alison

The seasonal colors are so much fun. It still doesn’t feel like fall here, but I’m waiting patiently.

A DIY Blog

Reply to Alison
  • Hannah Devine

I absolutely insanely LOVE this! Please please please do a home tour!

Reply to Hannah Devine
  • Bella

Not kidding, can I hire you? I run a B&B in South Carolina and I’m looking to make it more suitable for Fall.

Reply to Bella
  • Natalia

Where in the world did you get that mirror?

Reply to Natalia
  • Hannah

I just love you Taralynn

Reply to Hannah
  • Sara

I’d love to see more decor posts from you and would you ever consider selling your art? photography?

Reply to Sara
  • Ben

Your football tweets are hilarious. I just love you

Reply to Ben
  • Meg

I’m stealing your ideas!

Reply to Meg
  • kelly

I love the fall and now I am running to Target after class to update a few rooms. I can’t wait to go pumpkin picking so I can spray paint them gold. I have a few things that I want to try with leaves (I’m thinking decoupage and glitter!!) Thanks for the inspiration.

Reply to kelly
  • Kate

If you can’t find a duvet you like, it’s pretty simple to make one- buy 2 flat sheets you like and sew them together! There are tutorials online. Bonus- it’s way cheaper than most duvet covers!

Same thing with curtains. Sew them from scratch if needed. Or buy cotton or linen curtains and dye them whatever color you want. (I got cheap white curtains from ikea that have a pretty wavy pattern and then dyed them yellow.)

Reply to Kate

Yes!:) That is very true. I always find it hard to find the perfect fabric, but they just opened a new shop near me, so I may have to do that!

• Tiffany Jackson

This makes my heart so happy!!! First of all, I absolutely love REVENGE. and second your room is soooo cute all decorated with Fall. I guess I need to jump on the bandwagon and get to decorating. Have a wonderful week!! 🙂

Reply to Tiffany Jackson

I love Revenge too! I started watching it three years ago and fell behind. I decided to re-watch all the seasons! 🙂

& Thank you so much!! xo

• Kaiko

Where did you get the curtains you have now? They go perfect with my living room.

Reply to Kaiko
  • Ashley

Love the cozy looking bed you put together!!

Reply to Ashley
  • Pamela

I purchased my duvet from Restoration Hardware, and love it. They are pricey, but if you think about sleeping 1/2 of your life, it’s worth it (or at least that’s what I tell myself… ha, ha) This one would really good…

Reply to Pamela
  • Colleen @ Keep it Real Clean

I love it!!! I never would have thought to mix up your bedding for the seasons, but I love that idea. I actually am a big fan of the mixed stripes with plaid. It looks SOO comfortable. Love the mixing!

Reply to Colleen @ Keep it Real Clean

You really like that!? I wish the stripes were cream 🙂 I’ve always done a little changing up to my blankets, but this time I decided to go big:)

• Hilary

Ah love those sheets! Flannel is the perfect pair for the temperatures 🙂 I love them so much I might just have to go get some!

Reply to Hilary
  • Ashlee

I’m seriously obsessed with your fall decorations! I had been trying to find time to put my fall stuff up and this post motivated me to do it today! Love your blog! 🙂

Reply to Ashlee
  • Caitlyn DeCaprio

I love that gray striped comforter! Where did you get it?

Reply to Caitlyn DeCaprio
  • Melanie

Can you please design my bedroom?! Haha. Your style is so pretty! I love how comfy and cozy you make it look. My bedroom is very summer-y, so you’ve inspired me to redecorate for the fall!

I went to Target today too and left with WAY more than I had on my list… That always seems to happen 😛

Reply to Melanie

lol I’d love to :)I’m all about cozy! I can’t live in a white walled world. I go with the season 😉 Glad I’m not the only one with that Target addiction!

• Shannen

Love your room! You should’ve been an interior designer! You have such a great taste. I love that you added a picture of your “tv wall” because we’ve never seen that side of your room! (You should do a house tour!) can you come decorate my room? Haha

Reply to Shannen
  • Lyndsey

Where did you get your grey duvet?

Reply to Lyndsey
  • Amanda

I agree! Become a designer!

Reply to Amanda
  • Kylie

You should be an interior designer because you have such an eye for it and a unique style that you can’t match! I would hire you to do my entire house.

Reply to Kylie
  • Nancy

I am pretty sure my parents have that exact mirror in their living room. Well, they have had that mirror in the living room for at least 24 years…so it is not as shiny as yours. But seeing your picture made me realize the potential in that mirror and want to buy some brass polisher. Crazy though! Where did you get that mirror??

Reply to Nancy

That is crazy! My parents bought that mirror 27 years ago when they lived in Italy! They gave it to my when I graduated high school because i always loved it!

• Sara @ Oats & Rows

SERIOUSLY in love with your room/decor!

Reply to Sara @ Oats & Rows
  • Lindsay @ A Runnaroundd Life

Looks so cozy. I need to get a new bed set asap, so I’m definitely going to check out Target’s stuff!

Reply to Lindsay @ A Runnaroundd Life
  • Alizé

Hi Taralynn,

Thank you for the fall bedroom inspirations, it is lovely!
    I am currently living in Miami and soon will move to the Silicon Valley with my husband to settle down. I will be able to enjoy a true winter there! So getting ready is crucial, and those winter-fall inspirations are very welcome!

Reply to Alizé
  • Melissa

Love your room! I am in love with fall too, so do not stop talking about it, it helps because here in Good Ol’ San Antonio we aren’t there yet. So I am living vicariously through you haha!
    P.S I am glad to see Mr. Grumples is doing better!

Reply to Melissa
  • Jaime

so cozy and cute! I went to target this weekend for one thing and bought way more..then went back again later in the day! it’s an addiction.

Reply to Jaime
  • Jenn

I have one bin of just Fall stuff and another bin for Halloween (all of which went out today and added to my Fall things). I love decorating my house for this time of year!

Reply to Jenn

I still haven’t grabbed my fall bins out of storage…I can’t imagine what it’ll look like after I pull everything out. What is your favorite fall decor?

• Jenn

My pumpkins- I have a metal one that’s a candle holder, ceramic ones on my dining room table, a wreath on my door, fake ones that say “Welcome Fall” and “Harvest” on my front steps. Strangely enough-no real ones though. Those things and the candles that make my house smell delicious.

Reply to Jenn

I love it! 🙂 I just got a cute sequined pumpkin at hobby lobby. All their fall stuff is 40% off right now and they always have coupons online.

• Carolyn

So cute Taralynn!! You’ve got me wanting to change things up with the changing seasons! Also where is that adorable ‘arf’ dog toy from? I’ve got two pups who are in desperate need of new toys

Reply to Carolyn

Thank you Carolyn! That means a lot! (especially since you’re an interior designer) That arf toy is from Target too:) Couldn’t walk out without anything for him! Your dogs are adorable. Love your snaps! 🙂

• Carolyn

Thanks! The two of them are crazy about toys, naturally they love to eat all the fluff out of them so we are trying to restock the supply. Will definitely check target!!

Reply to Carolyn
  • Ashley

I have that same basket! We use it for throw blankets next to the couch. I was literally just looking at plaid duvets before coming to your post. Your bedding looks super cute!

Reply to Ashley

Great minds think alike 🙂 & Thank you! Where did you find the plaid duvet covers?

• Ashley

Sadly only pottery barn so far, and that’s definitely not going to work for my budget! I’m going to check out bed bath and beyond next. They always have a lot of options.

Reply to Ashley