Old Town Alexandria Breakfast: The Table Talk

coffee breakfast table talk old town alexandria

It’s still raining here and D.C. and yesterday Karlee and I were exhausted. Maybe it was the weather, or maybe it was all the walking and exploring. We decided to have a low key day. We headed to the Table Talk in Old Town Alexandria for breakfast. I love a good breakfast spot.

coffee breakfast table talk old town alexandria virginia

The Table Talk was very cute and homey. We started out with some fresh honey dew melon. I love to have fruit and coffee before eating breakfast because it’s when I’m most hungry. My eyes are usually larger than my stomach. Eating fruit helps me fulfill that hunger pang and eat in moderation.

Our waitress was so sweet and the food was very inexpensive. It’s the type of breakfast place you could go to every morning without breaking the bank. If I lived close buy, I’d probably come every morning for coffee, fresh fruit, and an english muffin.

coffee breakfast table talk old town alexandria virginia

I ordered the two eggs. It came with home fries, bacon and wheat toast. The toast was hot and crunchy, the eggs were cooked to perfection, and the bacon was nice and crunchy! I’ve never been a huge home fries fan, but theirs were pretty good.

Karlee and I relaxed most of the day! It was nice 🙂

Comments

• Camie

yummy!

Reply to Camie
  • Rebecca

Will you be going to any museums on your trip? So many (free) ones to choose from! Also, it’s nice of Karlee to show you around all week while your brother works.

Reply to Rebecca
  • Michelle Wallace

There is nothing like a diner/hometown-type of breakfast place. They always seem to have the best food. I like your idea of melon/fruit with coffee first. I’m going to have to try that out. My eyes are usually bigger than my stomach too!

Reply to Michelle Wallace

the eyes ARE bigger than the stomach! That’s a good quote to remember the next time I go to a buffet…

• Cassie

Egggggsss look so good! What a great restaurant!

Reply to Cassie
  • carrieann

I love your blog Tara!

Reply to carrieann
  • Nikita Khara

girl. bad PS job in the cupcake photo for your about me. the white box is like doubled in one spot 🙁

Reply to Nikita Khara
    • youhavetoomuchtimeonyourhands

Get a life.

Reply to youhavetoomuchtimeonyourhands

The white line is SUPPOSED to be like that.

• Taylor

People drive me nuts with this stuff. You look awesome and this is such a fun picture.

Reply to Taylor
      • Sammie

Her brothers girlfriend took the same photo and the box is doubled. This photo is not ps. She looks normal and you guys are trying to create dumb illusions in your mind because you’re jealous.

Reply to Sammie
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

I love a cute little breakfast place like this!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Beth

Hi Tara! I’ve loved seeing all your pictures and hearing about your trip! My fiance and I are trying to think of an inexpensive but still fun and memorable honeymoon spot. Do you think D.C. would be a good recommendation? It seems like there is soo much to see and do and great places to eat!

Reply to Beth

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your budget? I know of a lot of low cost vacations spots! D.C. is also fun, especially in the summer!

• Alena

Ohhhh, I’d like to know! I am getting married next May and I’d love to know low cost vacation areas!

Reply to Alena
      • Beth

We don’t really want to spend more than $1,500-$2,000. We live in Albany, NY and wouldn’t mind driving to save some money! We both like road trips. Thanks so much for your help! 🙂

Reply to Beth
  • Jorden W.

Hi Tara! What do you put in your coffee? Cream and Sugar? I’m trying to cut out sugar and your coffee pictures always look delicious! 🙂

Reply to Jorden W.