Toast redeemed themselves yesterday morning. Remember when I went to Toast a while back? If not, you can read about it HERE. I wasn’t too impressed after hearing so many great reviews, but maybe it was just a bad day for the restaurant or maybe it was just the location. This time, I went to the Toast in Fort Mill and it was one of the best breakfast I’ve had in Charlotte so far! The coffee didn’t taste burnt, it was creamy and fresh!
I ordered the Western omelet without ham, wheat toast, and a side of fruit. Not kidding, the meal came out within ten minutes. I couldn’t believe how fast it was and everything tasted incredible! The fruit was fresh, the eggs were cooked to perfection and the toast…well they surely live up to their name. Great job, Toast!
After breakfast, Grumples and I went for a long walk. We have a path that is lined with old southern homes, the ones with the wrap around porches, and big pillars. Those are my dream homes.
He was ready to quit after four miles and I don’t blame him!
He knew he was getting a treat after the walk because it’s tradition every time we go on that walking path. He gets so excited at the bakery!
After our walk, I was ready to lay out by the pool for an hour with a good book and let grumples chase the bubbles.
I made a homemade lemonade to enjoy by the pool as well 🙂 The mason jar is green if you’re wondering why the lemonade is green! The lemonade has 1 packet of stevia, 1 lemon squeeze, and the zest of the lemon!
My hibiscus bush I bought at Lowes is getting bigger!
Grumples finally went into the pool. He really wanted his ball that was floating around. I was literally in shock. He actually seemed to enjoy it, and maybe because it was really hot outside. I helped him walk down the stairs and swim back out to them. He didn’t get back in after that though.
He was more interested in the bubbles.
After laying out and swimming for a bit, I drove up to the grocery store to grab shrimp and potatoes for dinner! I’l post that recipe next 🙂
After laying out, I looked in the mirror and couldn’t believe all the freckles making their way out for the summer! Does anyone else get crazy freckles in the summer? I even get them on my lips.
Also, after posting this photo on Instagram and had a crazy email. I won’t say any names, but people should really pay attention to the things they are saying when it comes to appearance. This is me, without makeup, sure there’s an Instagram filter, but it’s me. The email was basically just a analytical list of all the things I need to do with my appearance.
They were listed in this order:
- You should wear under eye make up and get injections for your bags.
- There is invisiline for that split of yours.
- Have you ever heard of injections for the rinnkles on your forehead?
- Your lips are super dry, wear lipgloss.
- Where do I start with those brows? They need shaped, plucked, and shaded in with a pencil.
- What is up with your hair?
- You looked better with your lighter contacts.
- I use waterproof make up before going to pool events. I can give you some cheap brands if you’re interested.
- Your cheeks look a lot puffier lately, lay off the salt.
To be honest, none of that bothered me. But you never know who you are talking to or how they will react. What bothered me is that people think they have the right to talk to others that way. If you don’t have anything nice to say….well you know the rest. That is what’s wrong with society; we change things because of what others say or think. I know I’m no Kendall Jenner, or Beyonce, I’m Taralynn. I don’t know if this girl was being serious or if she was just sending a mean email trying to work me up. I see girls bringing each other down all the time, why can’t it be the other way around? I did see all the nice comments on Instagram from my readers that made my day, but there is always that one person.
My reply to her?
- I love my dark circles and puffy eyes, It shows I’m human and sometimes have trouble sleeping.
- That split of mine was given to me by God, and I’m going to keep that piece of character.
- I’m 24 years old and I don’t need injections; no one needs injections. I passed as a middle schooler at a baseball game a week ago.
- My lips are dry because I’ve been out in the sun all day. Don’t tell me that’s never happened to you.
- I love my brows, I love how thick they are, sure they could use a little work, but they’re my brows and that’s how I like them. I fix them when I need to, but I don’t religiously wait for one to grow back so I can pluck it right away.
- What’s up with my hair? It’s called getting it wet in the pool. It’s fun!
- I think so too, but it’s more comfortable to rock my natural eye color. Brown eyes are just as pretty as blue, grey, or green eyes.
- Not interested in wearing make up to a backyard pool party for one. I wear makeup maybe one a week, and it’s basically just mascara and lipstick.
- I love my cheeks.
No matter what people say to you, or to people about you, just be you. Do what you love, what makes you feel pretty, and embrace every flaw. You’re beautiful, your flaws are beautiful, and no one can change that. Don’t let anyone stand between you and your self confidence.
One one person can judge you…