Such an Ice Morning.

IMG_5722

I guess I can’t complain about the ice. Last year, in Detroit, I was snowed in, iced in, and freezing for months. This has been the first ice/snow storm I’ve seen all year and it’s mid-february. Β I’m sure it’ll be melted by next week and I’ll be back in light clothes again. I’m hoping it melts soon because I’m going on a mountain trip this weekend and I don’t want the drive to be slick. Going up mountains on a winding road isn’t that safe with ice.

I woke up extra early this morning so I could get some work done and then take grumples for a little play time outside. He loves the ice and snow. I only let him run around for about ten minutes and then make him come inside so he doesn’t freeze burn his paws. Last year, I had to wrap bags around his feet because he wouldn’t wear snow boots (what does over 90lbs would) and it was the funniest thing ever. I need to find the video on my Instagram.

IMG_5739

The ice looks so much like snow. Looking out the window last night, I thought it was snowing and it made me excited, but nope…just ice. This is nothing like the ice storms we used to get in Iowa or Detroit, but it’s a crisis for the South. The T.V. and news stations were going nuts last night. I can see why it’s a big deal down here as they don’t have all the salt, trucks, and experience the colder states have. People down here really should stay off the roads because of the lack of equipment and the inexperience driving on ice and snow.

IMG_5740

Grumples was confused. He almost shoved his face in the ice thinking it was snow. He laid down and started licking it like a popsicle.

IMG_5741

Does anyone else like the sound of walking on ice? Crunch Crunch Crunch!

IMG_5748

Remember last week when I Instagramed a photo of these gorgeous daffodils? Well…they may have bloomed way too soon.

IMG_5750

Poor little guys. I’m guessing I should have covered them.

IMG_5754

What is the weather like where you’re at this morning?

Comments

• Brandi

Hi! Random question, but where did you get your planner? I love it!

Reply to Brandi
  • Joi @ Joiful

Just above 0 degrees in Germany, but we actually had a rather nice winter, not much snow and ice and the sun is shinignt oday- so it is all good πŸ™‚ Can’t wait for spring though – let’s hope it won’t snow in April again, as it did last year…Also, well done for getting up so early- I am such a night owl, so getting up at 5 sounds pretty much impossible to me πŸ˜€

New lifestyle blog: Joiful

Reply to Joi @ Joiful
  • betty

Did you date Michael Aranda? I remember you guys talking a lot.

Reply to betty
  • Jitka

I know this is maybe a strange question, but what does waking up extra early mean for you? πŸ™‚

Reply to Jitka

It’s cold where I am but it’s not snowing. Despite the fact that I enjoy cold, I’d rather have a warmer weather but have it snow!

• Mariah

It was an ice storm in Knoxville, TN yesterday! I am originally from WI so it was funny to see everyone freak out over the weather. Our work shut down and sent us all home, so different compared to up north!

Reply to Mariah
    • Caitlin

I moved to Knoxville from MI and I was thinking the same thing! This is like every day up north πŸ˜› I do feel bad for people without good tires or snow boots though.

Reply to Caitlin
  • Katie

It was 80 degrees here yesterday! Sunny San Diego never lets me down πŸ™‚

Reply to Katie
  • Kristin C

Good morning from Waynesville, Nc (30 mins from Asheville). It is sooooooo cold! I braved the cold long enough to take the dogs out and take a few blog pics, but then I came in, got coffee (and more coffee) and lit a candle (because it makes things SEEM warmer…lol).
    If you come up this way (or wherever you are going for your trip) be careful. I have a feeling it’ll be gone by the weekend. It usually only lasts a day or so; but be careful.

Reply to Kristin C
  • Tiffany

I live in Kentucky and we normally get a few good snows every winter but yesterday we got 12 inches of snow. I know that isn’t a lot for many people but it it hasn’t snowed like that here since I was about 4 and I’m 21 now so it’s been a long time.

Reply to Tiffany
  • Elizabeth

Good morning from Boston! It’s chilly and snowy here as well, but I actually love the snow! πŸ™‚ Have a great day!

Reply to Elizabeth
  • steph

It was -15 when I woke up yesterday in MI (with the real feel temp of -30)! They are calling today a warm front because we might be getting to 20! ugh, cannot wait to get out of here on vacation in 9 days!!!! Cannot handle the cold anymore!

Reply to steph
  • Sophia Besaw

Hey Taralynn πŸ™‚ it would really mean a lot if you checked out my new blog! I post about fashion, lifestyle, and my first healthy food post will be up this weekend!

Reply to Sophia Besaw
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

It’s so icy here, which is really weird for Greenville SC! Classes cancelled though, so I can’t complain!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • Ashley Gamble

Oh goodness those flowers were so pretty. We have about 14 inches of snow here in KY. My cock-a-poo just bounces in it. He loves the snow just like Grumbles.

Reply to Ashley Gamble