Fall Roasting: Butternut & Spaghetti Squash, & Vegetables!

10621796_752803908099521_543221926_n

Good Morning!

Sorry I have been lame on posts lately, but I have a pretty good excuse. I’ve been sick since Sunday. I finally went to the doctor yesterday, so hopefully I can kick this to the curb, and find more of the issue. But, while dealing with the sickness, I’ve been laying in bed enjoying the fall weather, watching football, Netflix, and cuddling with my pup. Oh, and for the first time in five years, I’ve gone 48 hours without coffee. SCARY! I’ve been catching up on Dancing with the Stars and The Voice! I loved seeing Maddy from Dance Mom’s on there last night. I think they should put a twist in the show and have her be one of the professionals next season. What do you guys think? Oh…and I started Sons of Anarchy…HOLY MOLY WHAT A GOOD SHOW!

10603102_752803724766206_1842783328_n

Last night, I worked up the energy to roast some vegetables. I had a ton leftover from my trip to the farmers market and needed to roast them before they go bad. After roasting vegetables, I use them for salads, omelets, pasta dishes, etc.

10708052_752803741432871_678093604_n 10711736_752803688099543_1265967138_n

For the spaghetti squash, I microwaved them for 4 minutes to soften before cutting. I scooped out the seeds, and placed them face down on a greased baking sheet. I baked them for 45 minutes and then scooped the squash into a container.

Roasted Vegetables recipe is here.

Roasted Spaghetti Squash Recipes

10711414_752803861432859_2043347676_n 10711319_752803781432867_140363232_n

I also roasted of of my favorite fall foods…butternut squash!

10711736_752803688099543_1265967138_n

I sliced up the squash, scooped out the seeds and placed them in a mixing bowl. I tossed them with garlic powder, brown sugar and olive oil. I baked them for 20 minutes on each side at 350 degrees. I love making squash chips for an appetizer during Thanksgiving.

Comments

• Shelley

I love squash! I like the idea of prepping them for future use too!

Reply to Shelley
  • Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out

I love spaghetti squash! The perfect base for delicious meals!

Reply to Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out
  • michelle

Hey there im sure you already know this but someone has taken your before and after pictures and made ads out of them saying you took this secret diet pill to lose weight which I know is bullshit since ive been following you on tumblr these past several years… saw another girl I followed too they did the same thing with her before and afters. Isnt that illegal somehow? Im aggravated that they would under mind your hard work

Reply to michelle
  • Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy

Sick, as in the cold sick? I can’t think of any other sickness that people have enough strength to watch TV(my head aches thinking about it).

Get better sokb and have some chicken soup 🙂

Reply to Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy
  • Puja

Looks so yummy! I hope you feel better soon but for now, enjoy the good food and shows! hehe! <3
    xoxo,

BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Reply to Puja
  • Arianna

Love these foods for fall! I’ll have to try the butternut squash slices. Feel better!

Reply to Arianna
  • Kristin

I love SoA! You’ll be addicted just like me. 🙂 Jax = hubba hubba hahaha

Loving this season! Spaghetti squash is one of my favs!

Reply to Kristin