Breakfast & Latte’s at Rush Espresso

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Out of all the things I love in life, breakfast falls in the top five. Breakfast is the time of day where I feel the most relaxed, even after the third or fourth cup of coffee. I wake up pretty early.  While half of the world is snugly sleeping, I drown myself in the news while cuddling my fluffy dog.  I love breakfast so much that sometimes, I eat it twice. Today was one of those days.

Breakfast cafes are also a favorite of mine. I find comfort in sitting at a cafe drinking coffee, reading the newspaper, or chatting with a friend. Although, once I find my favorite breakfast spot, it’s hard to force myself to try something new. I feel as if I’m cheating on my breakfast spot.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This morning, before running around Charlotte, Emilee and I went up the road to have breakfast and coffee at Rush Espresso. I’ve been to plenty of coffee shops/breakfast cafe’s and this was by far the most friendliest place. You wouldn’t think a place located in Corporate park would be so friendly and comfortable, but it was. The owner pulled a chair from our table, sat down, and began to chat with us. He wanted to know where we were from, what brought us to Charlotte, and all about our coffee/breakfast habits. It was really refreshing to see an owner of a coffee shop so engaged in his costumers, involved in the kitchen, and outgoing. I thought that was really classy.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I’m not only coming back because the owner was so nice, but the food was really good, too. Plus it was super cheap. I ordered their low fat yogurt granola &  berry parfait.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Emilee and I split their ham and cheese croissant. It was melt in your mouth heavenly! Sometimes when something is unhealthy and sounds really good, it’s smarter to split it. I want to get ingredients and make these at home, even though mine will never taste as good.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I also ordered a latte on the side.  After breakfast, we headed to the farmers market!

Comments

• via

OMG I LIVE BY THERE!

Reply to via
  • gih

you’re an inspo

Reply to gih
  • genie

love that place! I also live in Ballantyne!

Reply to genie
  • Katrina

Taralynn,

How is running going? Are you going to do a half marathon? Maybe Grumples can join you for it! 🙂 Anyways, I hope all is well. You seem to be liking Charlotte very much I love all of your posts. Keep up the awesome hard work you put into your blog!

Reply to Katrina
  • Grace

I love breakfast, too! Coffee, Bible, quiet… and reading your blog, of course!

Reply to Grace
  • Katie

If you are ever in Gainesville, Florida try out Patticakes in the Haile Village Center!

Reply to Katie
  • Angela

So glad to have found someone that likes Breakfast just as much as I do! Love these types of posts <3 For me, I love when Restaurants/Diners serve Breakfast food 24/7 – hands down always get that no matter the time of day 🙂

Reply to Angela
  • Karen K

Breakfast is my favorite meal too! I could seriously eat it all day, everyday, and find new ways to mix things up. You are making me want to visit Charolotte more and more with all these cute places you keep finding! 🙂

Reply to Karen K
  • Alina @orgali.ca

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. I make a delicious and nutritious loaded chia chocolate breakfast pudding for my whole family. Yum!

I enjoy reading your website. You are doing a great work! Thank you, Taralynn.

Reply to Alina @orgali.ca
  • Narmatha

Breakfast is my favourite meal too!

Reply to Narmatha
  • Molly

This place looks awesome! You make all of these coffee shops around NC look delicious! I am heading down to the area for Christmas and have already started a list based off of your posts.

Reply to Molly
  • Audrina @ Mindfully Audrina

The cafe seems like a lovely place, it’s always nice to have friendly owners that care to make a conversation! I’m the same way, once I find a place I really like, I stick to it and find it difficult to go elsewhere. I feel like the chance I could go to my favourite place is wasted when I go somewhere else!

Reply to Audrina @ Mindfully Audrina
  • Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy

For me, I can’t have breakfast twice in a row otherwise the second time wouldn’t feel special and breakfast would lose its “magic”! I like winter mornings while cuddling up with a nice bowl of soup while listening to the radio…ahh,….

Reply to Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy