I have officially and successful made it day 10 of the vegan experience. I feel like it’s been months though! I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing? Last night before bed I was craving pumpkin which is normal for me this time of year. I knew before this morning exactly what I was going to make : Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal! This is a easy vegan recipe as well. Skip out on pumpkin pie late at night and make a bowl of oatmeal its so much better for you and still gives you the pumpkin delight.
- 1/2 Cup Whole Grain Oatmeal
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Packet Sweetener (Truvia)
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tbsp Walnuts (Optional) – To tell you the truth, pecans would taste much better in this oatmeal, I didn’t have any in the house.
Microwave water and oatmeal for 2 minutes, stir in almond milk to give it a creamy texture.
Mix in pumpkin puree, truvia and stir it all up!
Top oatmeal with cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and walnuts.
I enjoyed this bowl of oatmeal with a fresh orange and a glass of coffee. It was the perfect breakfast to start my day!
Calories 267 , Carbs 36, Fiber 8g, Fat 4g, Protein 8g, Sugar 5g