Emilee & Enzo! They’re Here :)

PicMonkey Collage_Fotor

I am extremely excited about Emilee & Enzo’s arrival. And how cute is Enzo? He’s basically Grumples mini me. Emilee moved down here from Indiana and I know she’s going to love the South.

10589695_730417357004843_368455850_n

Enzo is the cuddliest pup. When you lift him up, he lays in your arms on his back like a little baby. You get the instant urge to bounce him as if he was one. Everyone who has met Enzo so far has fallen in love.

PicMonkey Collage

Even Grumples.

10576914_730417417004837_42136417_n

The best part about Enzo and Grumples is that they’re super fluffy and won’t shed. I can’t do dog hair.

10576168_1398200750402315_2049117950_n

Yesterday, Emilee and I left our pups behind and headed out for a day filled with shopping. I wanted to show her one of my favorite places down here, The Black Lion. I’ll be posting that on Young In Charlotte after this post.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We have a lot of fun DIY projects for the apartment that we’ll be doing and can’t wait to share the outcome! After seeing the giant elephant painting on the wall, I got inspired to paint one for above our fireplace.

10521931_730417210338191_1608389962_n

We also made a trip to Homegoods which is one of the best places on earth. It was Emilee’s first time experiencing Homegoods and I may have created a monster. I bought matching lamps for each of my end tables and a couple of new bathroom decorations.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After shopping around for decor and scooping up ideas, we stopped at the grocery store. I needed to pick up some things to make cinnamon rolls and pick up more cold coffee. We also stopped for our afternoon pickup on the way in. I had a tall skinny iced latte with 4 shots of espresso blended.

10595968_730417290338183_1913092079_n

Here are the cinnamon rolls I made and the recipe for them.

10561039_1548303562058483_1859720933_n

Today, I am going to show her around uptown and eventually take her to my favorite breakfast place, Stacks. I have no doubt she’ll fall in love with Charlotte just like I have.

Where should we eat uptown?!

Comments

• Ashley

Hey Taralynn!
    Love your style! Where did you get the throw pillows for your bed? I’m trying to recreate a similar look.. thanks girl! 🙂

Reply to Ashley
  • Jessie

Sorry to interrupt, but yes please post more Starbucks tips. I have an addiction.

Reply to Jessie
  • Jessi

Hi Taralynn!
    Do you happen to know what the calories were for that Starbucks drink?! I love Starbucks but hate all the calories! I’m always looking for new lower cal drinks to try there! 🙂

Reply to Jessi

That one was under 100 calories for the tall! What type of drink do you like there? I have all kinds of tips to make them low cal!

• Jessi

I usually stick with one of their iced coffee’s with non fat milk, it’s the only thing I know that is “lower calorie”. If you could share your drink choices and tips on how to make them low cal, that would be AMAZING!

Reply to Jessi
  • Cait

Hey there Taralynn 🙂
    So I’m a really big fan of yours all the way from Austria, and I just wanted to drop a couple of lines to tell you how much you’ve inspired me to lead a healthier lifestyle! After following your blog I’m honestly trying not to be jealous,but hey, it’s actually helping me to push myself to reach my goals in life 🙂
    I’m really happy for you, that things are going good, you deserve it 😉 Keep up the good work,
    Cheers Cait

Reply to Cait

Hey, Cait! Proud of you on your healthier lifestyle. And jealous? Girl, nothing to be jealous about. You sound like a pretty awesome person and I’m sure life has so many great things ahead for you. Keep your head up and pushing yourself to be the best you can be! xo

• Sam

The dogs are adorable!!

Just for clarification, weren’t you living in Charleston before? I thought you were staying there, even on your own. I hear Charlotte is great too! Is emilee an old friend? It will be nice for you to have a roommate!

Reply to Sam

Nope! I’ve been living in Charlotte. At one point, I had an apartment lined up in Charleston, but decided to stay back with my friends. I just got a place here instead. I met Emilee back in 2012 and she’s from Indiana and also wanted a new start down south so it worked out perfectly 🙂

• Alyssa

Oh my gosshh! Following you and Grumples has always made me want a goldendoodle, but throwing Enzo in the mix is just to much to handle! You’re also making me want to come to Charleston 😀

Reply to Alyssa
  • Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy

Ooohhhh those cinnamon rolls look so good.

Reply to Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy
  • Mariah

So happy for you. It looks like you are settling into your apartment. Are you and Emilee sharing an apartment – I thought you were going to live by yourself – with Grumples of course… 🙂 Love how your apartment is looking. Grumples is too cute. If I ever get a dog, I think I’ll get a golden doodle. They are sooo cute and I love that they don’t shed! Can’t stand dog hair everywhere! 🙂

Reply to Mariah
  • Lexie

Those cinnamon rolls look delicious!! Do you ever put pumpkin puree in them? I bet that would be amazing for a fall treat 🙂

& the dogs are adorable – currently trying to talk my boyfriend into buying a golden doodle for me 🙂 [but he says it isn’t manly enough – silly boys!]

Reply to Lexie

I’ll have to try that! I love love love pumpkin. I like to make pumpkin muffins in the fall.

• Lexie

I tried the pumpkin & it would have been so good, but I accidentally used nutmeg instead of cinnamon, which kind of ruined them. I’ll definitely have to try it again this fall – with cinnamon this time!!
        Good luck in the Blog Exchange – I’m rooting for you!

Reply to Lexie
  • Kristin

I had no idea they didn’t shed! That makes me want one even more. 🙂 He’s a Labradoodle, right?

Reply to Kristin
  • ashley

Grumples and Enzo = ADORABLE!! Have they gone on any walks together yet?
    I am so excited for your new journey in Charlotte, it looks like you are having a blast =)

Reply to ashley
  • Louise

Those dogs are too much. They looked like stuffed animals 🙂
    What kind of syrup do you use in your latte? It looks delish!

Reply to Louise
  • Sarah

How exciting! A good friend and another adorable puppy! What more could a girl ask for. I love how exciting things are getting for you there. I think you really found a great place and you fit in so well. You are thriving and it is great how happy you are.

Reply to Sarah

Thanks, Sarah! Took long enough, but I think I’ve found where I need to be in life, or at least what life is all about. Happiness is important.

• Alena

I’m so glad Grumples likes his new room mate! Enzo and him look so cute together, truly a mini me. <3

Reply to Alena
  • Shannon

Did you dye your hair? Your lovely as usual. I just wasn’t sure if it was a filter or a new style.

You have been so lucky in Charlotte. I’ve been in my town for years and still have only my husband as a friend. I think it’s harder to make friends when you’re married. Maybe…?

Reply to Shannon

Oh no no. My hair gets really light in the summer and then that instagram filter made it look really red!

When it comes to making friends, you have to put yourself out there. Luckily, my community is all around my age. I don’t think being married has anything to do with it. One of my really good friends down here, Paulina, is married.

• Jessica

The pups are so adorable – I’m glad they are getting along 🙂

Reply to Jessica
  • Jessica

What kind of dog is Enzo? Grumples?

Reply to Jessica
  • Kathryn Stachowicz

You should go to Alexander Michael’s! Its the best! It’s in 4th ward and very Charlotte. Get the Spicy Crab Soup! almikestavern.com

Reply to Kathryn Stachowicz
  • Elizabeth @ Champagne On Mondays

Enzo is so freaking adorable (as is Grumples of course!) I share your Home Goods obsession, it’s just an amazing store, you can find the best stuff there!

Reply to Elizabeth @ Champagne On Mondays