This is a delicious recipe you must try! I’m not one for tomatoes but when cooked like this, I could eat them all day! This could be used for a great salad topper or on a sandwich!
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flax
- 1 Tbsp Fiesta Seasoning Mix
- 3 Medium Eggs (Recipe can be made with only egg whites too)
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Large Tomatoes Sliced 1/4 Inch Thick
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Mix together: flax, fiesta seasoning, almond flour and pepper in a flat bowl (plate or pie pan).
- Crack 3 eggs into small bowl and whisk together.
- Dip tomato slices into egg mixture and coat them with flour mixture. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan on high with olive oil and coconut oil.
- When oils are hot place battered tomatoes in pan. Cook each side until brown and crispy. Remove from pan and place on paper towel to crisp.