I have a lot of healthy recipes, but also a lot of unhealthy ones. I don’t share the unhealthy ones often because this is a “health and fitness” blog. I’d like to start sharing more variety. What do you think?
I had the weekend off and Jeremy was out of town visiting some friends. I wanted to spend my down time baking some cookies for when he got back. We haven’t been able to spend a lot of time together because of our work schedules so I wanted to do something nice for him.
Everyone has that FAVORITE chocolate chip recipe they always make. Some spend years trying to find it. Some are still searching. Luckily my family has had one in the recipe book for years. I wanted to share it, but it’s too good not to!
If you have a hard time making sweets without eating them all or eating the batter before baking, then keep fruits and healthier snacks around the counter. Reach for those instead!
But don’t forget to have a cookie once they are done!
- 4 1/3 Cups All-Purposed Flour
- 2 Tbsp Cake Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Butter (room temp)
- 1 1/2 Cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Packages Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bow, mix together cake flour, all purposed flour and baking soda
- In an electric mixer on medium combine butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Turn blender to low speed and mix in pudding mix until blended
- Add the eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips with a large spoon.
- Take a ungreased cookie sheet and add 1 1/2 tbsp drops.
- Cook 7-9 minutes. They will be VERY soft and slightly brown on the edges. Don’t let them brown too much or they will be hard.
I’ve been following your blog for quite some time now and needed to bake some cookies for a bake sale tomorrow. I figured you most likely had a good recipe so I scoured your page and of course you did! These were awesome, thanks girl!
Taralynn McNitt says
So happy you enjoyed them!!