Going to parties over the summer can be super tough if you are trying to stay on a healthy track! Don’t torture yourself when you go, bring something you can indulge in that is healthy and delicious. Every time I go to parties unprepared I find myself drooling over the sugary treats, creamy pastas and the glazed grilled foods. Of course all those foods are great in moderation but if you are anything like me sometimes I can’t stop at one brownie! After being super hungry my taste buds yell “gimme more”! I try to bring a dish every time I go, something with lots of fruits and greens! Here is one of my favorite party appetizers because its not only healthy and delicious it’s beautiful!
Ingredients: (depending on how many you plan on making)
- Whole Wheat Mini Toast
- Light Cream Cheese (You can also use different flavors)
- Mixed Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Honey due Melon
(Tip: I bought pre-cut fruits and vegetables to save me time and money)
- Spread toast on baking sheet and bake on 350 for 7 minutes until lightly browned and crisp. (toasting/baking is optional)
- Let them cool for 10 minutes
- Spread 1 tbsp of cream cheese on each slice of toast
- Top each mini toast with either 1 tbsp of diced fruit or 1 tbsp of diced vegetables.