Snowflakes That Fall On My Nose And Eyelashes❄️

Good Morning! I’ve had the best two days ever. It rarely snows down here in the Carolinas, so when it does, I’m in full-snow mode. ❄️ I love getting my dogs out in the beautiful snowfall to enjoy it as well. They are like little kids when it snows. They’ll cry while looking out the window because they want to go out and play in it. It started snowing at 6 am yesterday, and continued to snow until evening. We usually get a light dusting, and it melts by evening. Waking up today with snow still on the ground made me so happy. We have a lot of playing left to do! When I heard that we were getting snow, I made sure to pack up all of my things and head out to my parent’s house so the dogs could have free-range of it all.

We played out in the backyard with the dogs most of the day, but I did manage to hop in the jeep and head to downtown York to take photos of the gorgeous homes covered in snow. My parents live in a charming and quaint town outside of Charlotte, so I knew I’d be able to snap some really cool photos. I’ll be sharing all of my photos from yesterday (minus the food pics, I’m saving those for the recap post) 🙂 I hope you all enjoy!
I had a ton of questions on Instagram about this sweater. It’s only $7.99 right now!!! It’s so soft and it comes in different colors. I also have it in light blue. These Newbury tight leggings are the best things I’ve ever owned! They have mesh cuts and faux leather inserts. They are so comfortable and the waistband is my favorite part!

I made a decaf latte with nutmeg using the amazing Barista almond milk I mentioned in my last recap post 🙂

They had little snowballs on their feet! We had to wrap them in warm towels from the dryer.
I made these amazing blueberry banana panckeas this morning! I’ll be posting the recipe tomorrow morning! 🙂 Have a grerat day, everyone! And remember…ALWAYS enjoy the small things! xo

Questions for you!

1. Do you get a lot of snow?
  2. Do your dogs love the snow? (if you have any)
  3. What do you love about the first snowfall?

Comments

• Kelsey

I know you have mentioned it before about your mugs….but where did you buy them again? I love them and couldn’t find the link.

I appreciate it!

Reply to Kelsey
  • Taylor

Random question but is there a way to click on the links you provide and creating a new tab instead of getting out of your blog. I find something I want to click something but then I lose my place in your blog and have to go all the way back through to find it. (first world problems) lol just a thought 🙂 🙂

Reply to Taylor
  • Lianna

I love the snow pictures. Living in Canada with two golden doodles as well (same colours as Grumples and Leo) we are no strangers to those little snow balls that accumulated on their paws, poor things. Also, always seem to have little pools of water all of the house once they melt..HA!

Lianna

Reply to Lianna
  • Amber O.

Ahh dogs in snow are the cutest thing. Their little snowball feet were adorable!
    I live in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado and we’re currently getting our first major snowfall today. The tradition is to watch Narnia and make snow ice cream 😋
    One of my dogs is a shepherd mix so she runs giant circles and as she turns she puts her face down and licks up a mouth full of snow. It’s so fun!
    Hope you get a few more snowstorms to enjoy before spring!

Reply to Amber O.

Yes! I agree! 😀

Wow! I bet it’s gorgeous there! & so perfect for your pup!

😀 I’m actually hoping this is the last haha! One fall a year is fine for me!

67 today!!!

• Ellen Vandever

Loving following your blog! You’ve inspired me so much! Your pictures are just beautiful! I’m about to search to see if you’ve posted it anywhere already, but what camera do you use for those beautiful shots? I recently wrote a post about the “Snowpocalypse” that we went through- we hardly ever get snow and had 10 and 1/2 inches here in the North Ga mountains! 🙂

Reply to Ellen Vandever
  • Brooklyn

Doesn’t the snow make everything so magical?!
    I absolutely love it. Being from Northern Ontario I had really intense winters growing up. I don’t miss the -43 weather, but I do miss how beautiful the snow makes everything look.

Reply to Brooklyn
  • Rebecca

Unfortunately i love in Arizona so I don’t get much snow besides 2 light dusting a year. I used to live in Kentucky and was raised in Wisconsin so I am used to it and love it. I love how the first snow fall is completely untouched and you can just see how the sun reflects off it and makes everything sparkle. It’s the coziest feeling in the world.

I do have cats who think they’re dogs lol. When we lived in Kentucky one of our cats would love going out and playing in the snow. He even had his little coat too. His favorite part was chasing after snow balls and digging in the snow. ❤

Reply to Rebecca

Hi, Rebecca!

I also love the first snowfall when it’s untouched! 🙂

Hahahaha that is amazing! I had some people send me photos of their cats in the snow! THought it was pretty cool 🙂

xo

• Shannen

Amazing pictures! Usually I feel like you can’t capture the true beauty on camera, but I feel like you succeeded (or at least came close!)
    I have a husky/shepherd mix and he wants to be out in the snow all the time. It’s sad because he can be outside much longer than we can and he cries when he’s out alone. Even my other dog hates to be out for too long.
    Grumples and Leo looked like they were having the time of their lives!

Reply to Shannen

Thnks, Shannen!

Awwwww our dogs would be out all day if they could! I make sure they’re not out too long and they take breaks lol

They were in heaven!!

• Susie

Gorgeous photos! You have such an eye!

No snow in CA, but we often drive up to Lake Tahoe when it snows to get our fix of the powdery fun. 🙂

Reply to Susie
  • Lauren

I live in Utah and we usually have tons of snow but this year we have barely had any!! We are supposed to get a big storm tonight though so I hope we have some snow to play in. My family’s dog (yorkie-poo) acts offended by the snow. He goes out and shivers and holds his little paws up, funny little thing. I love how quiet and peaceful it is after a big storm. There is nothing like waking up to lots of snow with nowhere to go and watching cuddled up under blankets with a big cup of coffee!

Reply to Lauren

You better head to the grocery store and plan for a cozy and snowy weekend in <3 Lol dogs are so silly!

Awwwww I agree! I love the snowfall before anyone leaves a footprint!

• Anonymous

Can’t wait for the pancake recipe

Reply to Anonymous
  • Caroline

Beautiful pictures! I wish I could appreciate snow. I live in Boston and whenever we get snow it’s usually an awful blizzard!

Reply to Caroline
  • Danielle

This makes me want snow like now!

Reply to Danielle
  • Chloe

I’m in southern Iowa so we get a fair amount of snow.
    my favorite thing about the first snowfall (and every one after that😉) is how magical it is, My husband and I love to go drive around in it while it’s still snowing and all the roads are un touched and it’s so peaceful!
    Our dogs are short haired so they run out, do their business and run right back in!😂

Reply to Chloe

I used to live in southern Iowa! 🙂 I totally understand the snow-life there! 🙂

My dad used to do that with us as kids too! 🙂

lol I wish I had a coat like my dogs so I could last as long as they do!

xo xo

• Stacey

I love these photos!

Reply to Stacey
  • Afton

I can’t wait for your pancake recipe! Blueberries are my favorite 🙂

Reply to Afton
  • Sara

I live in Charlotte but have never been to York! I keep seeing it on your blog so, I think it’s time to make a trip. I’ve had the Garden Cafe on my list ever since seeing it on your blog!

Reply to Sara
  • Jessica

I want to live in all of those homes!

Reply to Jessica
  • Sharni

I would love to have snow here but the reality is it’s rarely below 70F. The pictures you got of Grumples and Leo playing in the snow are incredible! You’ve probably already mentioned it somewhere on the blog, but what camera and settings do you use? I can’t get over how magical the pictures in this post are.

xo

Reply to Sharni

Hi, Sharni!

So warm where you are! 😀 I’d love that!!

I really just use a Canon EOS Rebel T5i and sometimes my phone! Nothing fancy at all.

When I want the photos to pop, I upload them to Lightroom and play with the brightness/white/black/sharpness/saturation/and highlight!

I’ve been thinking about doing a tutorial on youtube, but I’ll have to figure out how to record my computer screen lol

• Alaina

Beautiful photos! You also read my mind with posting the links to the leggings and sweater! Adorable! Do you find the leggings to be high-waisted or mid-waist? I have a short torso and am contemplating buying these if they are mid-waist. Thanks!

Reply to Alaina

Thank you, Alaina!

I think it depends on the size. I ordered a medium and I’m 5’7 and they sit right below my belly button! I wouldn’t say they are high-wasted like most leggings!

• Ann

We get way too much snow here in Michigan, hate it! It’s beautiful but that’s it girl! I wish I was as happy as you to see the white stuff, but grew up with it so I’m so over it! I work at a school too in this stuff at recess time and it’s not fun any more, my body is ALWAYS cold, I think I’ve ruined it! Lol! Glad someone likes it 🤪❄️

Reply to Ann

I am VERY familiar with the midwest winters (IOWA GIRL) lol but it’s been a while. You really miss it when it’s not around, or when you’re a kid and get snow days! haha

• Traci

The house photos are beautiful! And my absolute favorites are the ones with the pups sharing the stick in both their mouths – TOO CUTE! 😂 We got 7-ish inches here in Durham; it’s still all over the place today and so pretty! Happy snow day! ❄️

Reply to Traci
  • Alison Williams

Aww, York. I live in Clover. So York is my neighbor. So I’m familiar with all the homes you took photographs of. Mama and me like to call going down those streets… “the scenic route” when going to and through York. They are gorgeous homes.

Love all the photos! I’ve been shooting with my DSLR and film cameras for two days. Snow days are always fun for this photographer. I can get lost in the color and the stillness of everything around me. It’s quiet but yet so bright from the snow.

Also, I so commented to you on your Instagram several weeks back about Garden Cafe. (and you responded) I STILL HAVEN’T BEEN YET. But we are soon! I plan on doing a blog. (Hopefully.) I will share a photo on IG!

Reply to Alison Williams

I still cannot believe you haven’t been to the Garden Cafe! It’s so good!!!!

I drove through Clover while taking the backroads to Crowders mountain! It was really pretty!

• Heather @ Polyglot Jot

Great photos! 🙂 Such a pretty area too. I can see how snow would be magical if it was a rare and fun thing. Here in PA I’m over the ice and snow for sure. Still working on the 10 year plan to move down south haha! Regardless, I cant deny how pretty it looks!

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot
  • Linda @ the Fitty

Silver white Winters that melt into spring, these are a few of my favorite things! I love these photos, Tara! I love winter in general.

Reply to Linda @ the Fitty
  • Julia

What kind of camera do you use for your pictures? They’re beautiful!!! 😍

Reply to Julia

I just use a Canon EOS Rebel T5i nothing fancy at all!

I plan on finally getting a better camera this year, but this has been working for me for now 😀

• Tracy

Where are your leggings from? I love the scalloped waist line!

Reply to Tracy
  • Melissa Sutton

Its been so cold here in the Ozarks of Arkansas. Most days it’s been under 10*. Ready for spring!

Reply to Melissa Sutton
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

The photos in the snow are beautiful, Taralynn! ❤️ I wish it snowed where I live, but it’s way too hot year round for that. That said, I’d probably freeze to death, since I’m a wimp when it comes to cold weather! 🙂

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog