25 Day Spring Fitness Challenge + Healthy Eats

We only have about twenty more days until Spring officially begins, but it’s already feeling like Spring in the south. I have gone through a pretty stressful week, and there is nothing better than a great fitness challenge to motivate me and get me back on track. I decided to write out my plan just in case any of you would like to follow along with me! Like all of my previous challenges, you can follow my updates on Instagram @simplytaralynnfitchallenge. Just don’t forget that I’m not certified, so make sure you get the OK from your doctor before trying out any of my routines. I like to post my plans for inspiration, and ideas, so kick butt at your own risk.

This challenge isn’t going to be easy, and that is why it’s called a “challenge.” If you are looking for an easier or more flexible plan, check out some of my previous fitness challenges! πŸ™‚ As you may know, I’m running my first half marathon in 59 days. I’m feeling more ready and excited than I’ve ever felt, and most of those feelings are because of the pep talks from my readers. This challenge has a mixture of my running schedule + circuits. If you’re not a runner, IT’S OK! You can still kick butt at this challenge. If you’re wanting to start running, this is a great opportunity for you to get started. If you need some running motivation or don’t know where to start, check out my running post!

Just remember, this challenge was created for my activity level in mind, so if it’s too much, just make some changes! Walk instead of run, cut the circuits in half, add in some rest days, and customize it for your activity level! & Don’t forget to get the OK from your doctor before doing anything too strenuous.

Why do you want to do a challenge?
I want to do this challenge to stay motivated. Summer is just around the corner, my race is in 59 days, and I want to be the strongest I can be. I want to stay on track with clean eats, and get myself to feeling confident. I have that winter cloud over my head right now, and it’s time to let it go!

How do you plan on staying motivated?
I love to keep track of my workouts, my meals, and thoughts along the way. I post them on the blog and social media. I also love following others who are doing challenges for inspiration. Sometimes I get on Instagram and I’m instantly inspired by seeing someone else’s progress. My friends love fitness (thank goodness) so they will hold me acountable and do some of the workouts withΒ me. Someone should invent a workout buddy app!

Goals for this challenge?
I don’t want to skip any days at all. I also want to stop buying so many snacks. My freezer is filled with Minion fruit snacks, and I feel like a ten-year-old with some of my choices. Must stop it! πŸ™‚ I want to drink more water, more green tea, and snack on fruit and vegetables.Β

My Week One Grocery List:
*you can make dairy free, nut free, gluten free, or any kinds of substitutions. This is just what I will be buying and eating.*

WEEKLY LIST: Bananas, Apples, Avocado, Head of Lettuce, Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Spinach, Kale, Mixed Green Lettuce, Green Beans, Whole Grain Bread (I use Udis) Grapefruit, Strawberries, Pineapple, Lemon Blueberries, Cheerios, Bacon (Turkey or pork), Greek Yogurt (I use Dannon Greek Light & Fit), Goat Cheese, 98 % Fat Free Ground Turkey, Brown Rice, Carrots, Hummus, Turkey (Applegate), Chicken, Cottage Cheese, Dark Chocolate Chips, Eggs, Light Balsamic Dressing, Walnuts, Vanilla Protein Powder, Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, Coffee, Tea.

**This is what I will be eating. Make sure to consult with a doctor or nutritionist before making any drastic diet changes** This is just a meal plan you can use as a base to build with. Add more or fewer calories, more or fewer carbs, or anything you wish.
8 AM Breakfast:
2 Slices Bacon, 1 Slice Toast + 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter, 2 Eggs (add any veggies you want), 1 Serving Fruit (Coffee or Tea)
11 AM Snack: 1/2 Cup Cheerios + 1 Serving Greek Yogurt
1 PM Lunch: 1 Cup Baby Carrots, 1/2 Cup Cucumbers, 2 Tablespoons Hummus, 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese + Lettuce Wrap (1 serving Applegate Turkey Slices, 1 Slice Bacon, Yellow Mustard, Tomatoes, Bell Peppers)
3 PM Snack: Protein Shake: 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder, 1/2 Frozen Banana, 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk, 1 Cup Water, Blended!
6 PM Dinner: Grilled Chicken Salad: 6 Ounces Grilled Chicken, Tomatoes, Goat Cheese, Spinach, 2 Hard Boiled Egg Whites, Avocado With Light Balsamic Dressing.
7 PM Dessert: Tbsp Dark Chocolate chips + 1 Tbsp Chopped Walnuts
NUTRITION: 1500 Calories, 130g Carbs, 50g Fat, 127g Protein, 20g Fiber, 47g Sugar
8 AM Breakfast:Β
BlueberryΒ Banana Egg Pancakes (recipe here) + 1 Serving Greek YogurtΒ (Coffee or Tea)
11 AM Snack:Β 1 Serving Almonds + 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
1 PM Lunch:Β 6 Ounces Grilled Chicken, 1 Slice Bacon, Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Goat Cheese Wrapped in Lettuce + 1/2 Grapefruit
3 PM Snack:Β Protein Shake: 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder, 1/2 Frozen Banana, 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk, 1 Cup Water, Blended!
6 PM Dinner:Β 4 Ounces Ground Turkey, 1 Cup Green Beans (or other cooked green veggies), + 1/2 Cup Brown Rice or Quinoa
7 PM Dessert:Β Tbsp Dark Chocolate chips + 1 Tbsp Chopped Walnuts
NUTRITION:Β 1400 Calories, 160g Carbs, 35g Fat, 128g Protein, 18g Fiber, 43g Sugar
8AM Breakfast:Β
Vegetable 2-egg omelet, 1/2 Grapefruit, 1 Slice Toast + 1 TBSP Peanut Butter
11 AM Snack: 1 Cup Blueberries + 1 Serving Greek Yogurt
1 PM Lunch: Ground Turkey over a Vegetable + Goat Cheese Salad
6 PM Dinner:Β Grilled Chicken, 1/2 Cup Brown Rice or Quinoa, & 2 Cups Cooked Green Vegetables.
7 PM Dessert:Β Tbsp Dark Chocolate chips + 1 Tbsp Chopped Walnuts
NUTRITION:Β 1500 Calories, 140g Carbs, 38g Fat, 131g Protein, 16g Fiber, 48g Sugar

**When I’m trying to eat clean, I like to keep my meals easy and realistic. I also like them to be repetitive because it saves money. I buy what I need, what I plan on eating, and quick fixes. I will most likely eat the same meals six days in a row. I like to give myself one free day. My free days will consist of healthy eats, just not planned ones. I also like to drink lemon tea throughout the day. These are meals you can food prep on Sunday, pack for work, or wherever you plan on going**Don’t forget to change up the workouts to FIT your fitness level. You don’t want to overdo it! If you have any questions, leave them in the comments! If you are unsure about some of the workouts, googling movements helps a lot. There are a lot of tutorials on youtube.

You will notice a lot of miles in the workouts. There is nothing better than going out for long walks or runs, especially this time of year. This month’s goal is high mileage. If you have a tracker, try to walk throughout the day. Get up as much as possible. Walk early in the morning, late in the evenings, or whenever you can find the time.

I also wanted to make a workout plan that you could do anywhere! All you need is a jump rope, dumbbells (everyone should own a pair) yoga mat, and shoes! If you want some cheap workout equipment, check out TJMAXX!

Please follow along on the fitness page for motivation! Tag me in your workouts and eats! If you need to, print this workout and post it on your fridge!

I hope this plan can help dig you out of your rut, inspire you to challenge yourself, but if not, I hope you enjoyed the read πŸ˜‰

Questions for you!

1. Are you IN or Out?
  2. What are your Spring Fitness goals?
  3. What is the hardest part about sticking to a plan, and how can you change that?

Comments

• Sarah

When you eat foods such as cottage cheese and yogurt, do you eat higher fat in them (to stay full longer) or do you eat the lower fat and make up that fat later in the day?

I’ve just started to get into trying to stay full longer but I’m unsure exactly how to do that and how my body will respond so I would love your advice on what works for you. πŸ˜€

Reply to Sarah
  • Anonymous

I have lost ten pounds in seven days with your plan!

Reply to Anonymous
  • Anonymous

IN

Reply to Anonymous
  • Ashton Jury

Looks awesome!! I am doing this along with my BBX Shred and it is going great, except I am super sore lol!

Reply to Ashton Jury
  • franchesca

This is so tough! I lost three pounds already!

Reply to franchesca
  • Casandra

I love this fitness and food plan! I too am getting ready for my first half marathon and have recently stated meal prepping with my boyfriend to help keep my accountable with my food. I just showed him you grocery list and meals and in pretty sure we are going to use most of it for next sundays prep! I also am going to add your circuit training to my workouts after my runs. Thank for the motivational boost Taralynn! Your blog is the best! Goodluck training!

Reply to Casandra
  • Nicole

I’m in!!

I am always so inspired by all your walking ….I’m the laziest walker in the world…ask me to go out and run 9 miles and I’m all in, but ask me to walk 1 mile and I’ll find every excuse to not πŸ˜› I know it’s all mental. I’m a morning person but recently i’ve been debating waking up an hour earlier (5:30ish) to start first day with a walk with my two pups. Do you have any tips!? I walk every evening with them because I know they need it but I want to add more walks in for myself!

Ok, now you’ve learned too much info about me….I’m excited for this challenge!

Reply to Nicole

AWESOME!

lol I am such an old lady that LOVES walking!!

I think once you start doing it, your body will get used to waking up early and you wont even be able to fight it. Also, think about how much your pups will LOVE IT! and it’s also good for their health!

xo

• Naomi

So excited to do this! You are my motivation to get back into my fitness & healthy routine again after a bit of a rough patchπŸ‘
    Thanks for always coming up with new “realistic” options for me to explore – even in a different countryπŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ On the other side of the world (New Zealand)!
    I’m GF & DF – definitely not by choice, but love you have been exploring more of this. I have endo too and have been a follower for years but never posted a comment.
    Thanks for being so awesomeπŸ˜€

Reply to Naomi

Awwww that is great Naomi.

& hellllllo, new zealand! I’ve heard so many wonderful things and it’s on my list of places to visit.

Glad I can help with new recipes and I’m so sorry your struggling with endo! Not fun πŸ™

xo xo

• Sapphire

This is awesome. I am in as much as I can do. I love the structure of this. I have literally been thinking for days I need circuits, workouts, and goals.
    My goal is to exercise more, and to put it as a priority. Also I really want o be able to run a mile under 10 min, and to build my endurance and also to gain more muscle with weights. To keep on eating healthy and drink more water.
    I tend to get lethargic., and unmotivated. I go to bed too late, eat sweets, and don’t plan meals. I can stay motivated by realizing I have one life, the sooner I get into shape the better, I can go to bed earlier and when I work late pack apple slices, and plan my meals no matter how tired I am it will b worth it in the end.

Reply to Sapphire

Thanks Sapphire!

Don’t focus on how fast you run πŸ™‚ Just worry about how long you can run for and your body will naturally get faster! Don’t push it πŸ™‚

I think your plan sounds great! πŸ™‚ HAVE FUN with this!

xo

• Jaoane

DAY FIVE! Going strong.

Reply to Jaoane
  • Lucy

Hi!!! So excited to do this! When you say x3, does that include the cardio in the beginning? For example for the first day, are you going to run 3 miles 3 times (9 miles in total)?

Thanks so much for this challenge. Can’t wait! Been following you for a long time, big fan. Keep it up girl!

xoxo
    Lucy

Reply to Lucy

No! Cardio just once πŸ™‚ The circuit is what you repeat! πŸ™‚ But if you want to break up the mileage you totally can!

xo xo xo

thank you for the kind words about my blog!

• Jill

goodluck!!! I just did my first half last weekend. miles 8 to 10 are the hardest but when you’re done it is so worth it! You should do a disney run. So much fun!

Reply to Jill
  • Staci

Are you IN or Out?
    I’m in! I recently underwent a lifestyle change, as they call them, but my motivation is waning. This came at the perfect time!

What are your Spring Fitness goals?
    I don’t want to take any rest days. I know that they are good for your body, and your muscles need to rest, but I form habits too quickly, so it’s easier for me to just take it easy at the gym a day or two a week instead of miss the gym (because of a rest day) and then lose all motivation.

What is the hardest part about sticking to a plan, and how can you change that?
    The hardest part about sticking to a plan is that you cannot account for everything. I can plan workouts and what I want to eat, but I can’t always plan on how much work I am assigned or how long it takes to complete. I think if I am stricter with myself regarding bedtime, I’ll likely be more successful.

Reply to Staci

So happy to hear that!:) Congrats on making a new change!

You definitely don’t have to take rest days, but totally make “easy days” that is why sometimes I make yoga days or long walk/jog days! Those are always for recovery. So, head to the gym and just walk a couple miles on the treadmill and do a good stretch session!

As long as you stick to your schedule and make healthy choices, you’ll be set!

xo

• Amber

I’m definitely in! I haven’t done a fitness challenge before, but I did complete the Whole30 in January so I think I can do this. Thank you for including your readers! I’ve been following your blog for a while, and you’re so amazing! Looking forward to smashing this challenge 😊
    Good luck!

Reply to Amber
  • Vanessa

Yes, I did the first workout – well kinda. I did one round of the circuit, cutting short on the sit ups though. Still I am dripping from sweat, my body is way too weak at the moment due to lack of iron. But I am glad I had the motivation for this, thank you Taralynn!!!!! πŸ™‚

Reply to Vanessa
  • Ina

I’m a nutritionist/trainer and I love this plan!

Reply to Ina
  • Dana

IN!

Reply to Dana
  • Alisn

SO IN!

Reply to Alisn
  • Jennifer

I’m SO IN!!

My main fitness goals are to run more (I have a 5k at the end of April) and to tone my arms! I know everything needs to be worked but I want to focus on arms for the summer. In regards to running, I want to slowly work my way up to a 10k and see where it goes from there if I can keep up with the running!

I think the hardest thing is consistency. I’m the kind of person that will workout for two weeks then take off two weeks… very back and forth for me. I think I need to set my intentions every night before I go to bed and focus on one day at a time. I think I get too ahead of myself and just want quick changes (which I know aren’t a thing… I just wish they were a thing hahaa)

Thank you for this challenge! I think it will help me a lot especially when it comes to running. I like having an idea of how often to run especially when training! — I plan on starting Saturday because a) I ran monday-wednesday this week (and for me that was a lot) and b) it’s supposed to be almost 50 on saturday which is perfect for running and almost 60 on sunday which is perfect for the long walk! πŸ™‚

Reply to Jennifer

yay!

Girl, you and me both! I always feel naked when I wear tank tops in the spring because I’ve been covering up all winter! Arm workouts are always the best. There is this thing I do every night that I think helps. I do 50 front arm circles and 50 back arm circles X 4 each time I rotate palms up and palms down! It’s something small every night before bed, but very effective!

Consistency is a hard thing to grasp. Let me know when you figure it out lol

I can’t wait to hear how you do on this challenge. I’m starting all over again today so my friend Becca and I can do it together.

• Kelsey

This looks great! so in!

Reply to Kelsey
  • Rachel

This is a great plan! Can I just suggest one thing (which you can take or throw away, totally up to you haha!). I’m currently becoming a certified personal trainer, and it’s taught me a lot that I would’ve never known, and it’s best to do your weight/resistance training before your cardio! It will burn more fat. Obviously, everyone is different, but just thought I would share πŸ™‚

Reply to Rachel

That is great to know! My runs are usually awful when I strength train first because I feel like jello lol

Can you tell me why you burn more fat before a run? What’s the reasoning?

• Rachel

It essentially all boils down to your protein synthesis, which is just the fancy scientific phrase for your bodies ability to build muscle. When you do intense cardio beforehand, your protein synthesis massively drops, so it hinders your bodies ability to build as much muscle as it would if you kicked your workout with the strength training.

But definitely listen to your body! If you do better doing it your way, keep doing that. If I’ve learned anything, it is that everyone responds to exercise differently. So maybe keep it your way, and then if you hit a plateau, try to switch it up to this way :).

Reply to Rachel
  • Sarah

IN!!!
    I’m in Australia so this is an Autumn Challenge for me but I’ve been getting back into running the last couple weeks so i think this is exactly what i need to keep me motivated as the weather cools down. I really want to keep consistent with my running during winter as I slacked off last winter and put back on the weight I had lost in the 6 months prior to that.
    Also wanted to say that I LOVE your blog, its what has gotten me back into running again πŸ™‚ xo

Reply to Sarah
  • Brooklyn

I’m like you, I eat repetitively during the week. I’m known to get loads of veggies and make stir fry’s through out the week (which is what I’m doing this week) or I’ll make a big pot of bean chili to eat through out the week.

It just makes everything much more simple.
    And with the chili, when you let it sit for a few days the flavors really come together!

Reply to Brooklyn

I love doing that too! Helps take away the pressure of trying to figure out what to eat!

I think I may make some chili this weekend! You got me craving it.

• Jessica

I am mostly in πŸ˜‰ to be fair my husband and I play intermediate level volleyball three or four times a week. I will use some of your challenge workouts to fill the gaps on the other days of the week though!
    My spring fitness goals actually go with the before mentioned volleyball. I am trying to work my way into becoming a better setter so I just bought a weighted ball for practice, wish me luck!!!
    The hardest part about sticking to a plan is the days I work like the weekends and get home when everyone is ready to do anything but work out. I make it a point to let everyone know I won’t be free for an hour or two after I get home so I can squeeze in my me time.

Keep up those positive thoughts on your upcoming half! You go girl!!!

Reply to Jessica

For sure! The plan is for you to customize and maybe steal some workout ideas πŸ™‚ Also, intermediate volleyball? HOW FREAKING FUN!

Good luck with your goals! YOU GOT THIS.

ME time is so important and I’m glad you take it for yourself.

Thanks for the inspiration!

• Jaime

1. I’m IN but have to wait another month or so – I sprained my foot working out four weeks ago and I’m trying to take my time rehabbing it – so frustrating! I’m just doing the spin bike and some simple upper body strength moves for now while it heals. But I’ll plan to do this in the 25 days before my trip to Israel in May πŸ™‚
    2. I’d like to get back in shape post foot sprain – I want to drop a few pounds and mostly tone up – arms, abs, legs. Most importantly I just want to feel good about myself when I look in the mirror. I have too many negative thoughts!
    3. I think it’s just giving into weaknesses and temptation. The reason why I never diet is because I don’t like depriving myself. I think this plan is doable because I can do it with a friend and have the support of your other readers. It’s also not super strict. I’ll probably walk instead of run or do other cardio since my foot won’t be able to handle something so high impact.

Thanks for doing this for us!

Reply to Jaime

Hope you recover soon!!

You can totally do some of these workouts like arms and sit ups and weights without hurting the ankle:)

Strict diets are awful! NEVER.

Just customize it all to fit your needs πŸ™‚

• Sasha

TOTALLY IN! I am training for a hiking trip in Ireland so this will be a great way to keep myself accountable πŸ™‚

Reply to Sasha
  • Christy

I am in! And I am excited! It is still cold in Ohio – I need something to get me to Spring! Thanks for putting this together.

Reply to Christy
  • Alison

Are you IN or Out?

I am in!

What are your Spring Fitness goals?

Find a fitness routine that sticks

What is the hardest part about sticking to a plan, and how can you change that?

Usually getting bored with the plan and stop but yours seems so different that it’ll be impossible to get bored!

BTW – would it be possible for you to post a PDF or a printable version of the workout plan? I think that would be super helpful to bring it along to the gym! Thanks!!!

Reply to Alison

Hi! So glad you’re in!

I definitely understand the BOREDOM of workouts.

I will try to make it when I get some time! You can also copy and paste this post into a word doc to print πŸ™‚

• Katie

You look so pretty and so healthy Taralynn!

This plan seems totally, totally doable – I love it!

I’m a student, and I’m taking a “fitness walking” class right now, but I always super neglect stretching… I noticed you mentioned rolling in a couple of the days – like foam rolling? If so, do you have any suggestions how to make it less awkward, what it should feel like, and do you have a favorite roller?

Side note: Your trip to Lindsey Mill was so fun to read about! My very last spring break is coming up, so my boyfriend and I decided to just relax! We booked an Airbnb lakefront on Lake Norman in North Carolina for a couple of days. We are so excited that we can take our two big puppers! I can only hope it’s as fun as yours seemed.

Best wishes!

Reply to Katie
  • Lindsay Edwards

Dang this is awesome! Can tell you put so much work into it. I can’t wait to follow along with these workouts πŸ™‚

Reply to Lindsay Edwards
  • Hannah

THANK YOU!

Reply to Hannah
  • Megan

I’m in! I’ve been needing something to kick my butt into gear.

I’d like to get back on track for overall fitness improvement. And to lose the so-called “happy weight” I’ve put on since my wedding last October, ha.

I have a hard time getting motivated after a long day at work. It’s the only time I can work out, but I just want to veg out. I need to just get going once I get home and not sit down on the couch.

Reply to Megan

So glad you’re joining!

lol love that you call it “happy weight” positive thinking πŸ˜‰

I think once you sit down, you want to stay down! Just try to get up and go! Maybe you can do it early morning?

• Samantha

Pretty cool! Have you ever considered getting rid of sit-ups all together? I’m a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and more of the recent research has shown that sit-ups can sometimes be more harmful than beneficial. (Especially for individuals with back pain/issues and or new moms trying to get their pre-baby body back). Kinesiologists and the like are finding that isometric contractions (like those that occur in the abdomen during planks) go farther in strengthening your core and protecting your spine than anything else. Crunches are fine too, but the full range of sit-ups from floor up to your knees is not the best for the average person’s back. Just something to consider! Love the overall meal plans, recipes and exercise routines!!

Reply to Samantha

They don’t seem to bother me, but that is pretty interesting. I think if I had back issues, I’d definitely give them up, but the don’t seem to be doing my body any harm right now. Thanks for the info though!

• Sammy staffa

So in, so ready, so excited!

I want the strength to run my first race! A 5k, little baby but it’s my first time!

Hardest part: letting go of my beloved pizza and mac and cheese!

Reply to Sammy staffa
  • Katy

1. In for sure
    2. Trim up for the beach of course but also finally get rid of some lingering baby weight.
    3.kid food and sweet tooth.

Question.. what if anything do you put on your banana pancakes as far as syrup

Reply to Katy

Hi Katy!

So glad youre joining in. I alway have trouble with kid food and I don’t even have kids!

Syrup and sometimes peanut butter! I also like cinnamon and melt spread on top.

• ERICA

IN!

Reply to ERICA
  • Olivia

Are you IN or Out?
    Definitely IN! This looks like a great challenge to get more active this March. Question, how long or far are the sprints?

What are your Spring Fitness goals?
    I just recently completed the Disney Princess 5k and it was my first ever race and really first time running πŸ˜› But I fell in LOVE with it and now would eventually like to work my way up to a half and maybe even full marathon. Disney does a marathon race weekend and they have the Dopey Challenge. In the weekend you run a 5k, 10k, half, and full marathon! They host it in January and I would love to complete in 2019 (sign up is closed for 2018 and I am NOT ready to train for a full marathon lol). Obviously this is a long term goal, but you have to start somewhere! So my Spring goal is to make that start and get more active and build my running πŸ™‚

What is the hardest part about sticking to a plan, and how can you change that?
    Having the time! Working a M-F 8-5 job makes it very easy to slack off and say you’ll do it tomorrow. I don’t mind waking up early to run but it’s so dark out still and that can sometimes be unsafe running solo, and when I come home at the end of the day I just want to make dinner and relax! My husband wants to start with me, so if I can get him up early enough that would solve the issue of running alone in the morning. Or maybe I can find someone in my neighborhood who is as motivated! I definitely need to get a running buddy or fitness friend, especially after your previous post about it.

Reply to Olivia

I didn’t put a distance on the sprints because we usually do them in the gym, or on the field! I would say 50 ft! Try to find a court πŸ™‚

That is great and congrats on your first race. My friend, Meighan, just ran the disney princess half!

I love how many goals you have! πŸ™‚ keep crushing them.

Yes running buddies are always great! You should try to find a fitness class after work! Sometimes it’s like working out with a bunch of friends and it’s at a set time! Maybe even before work. My friend Becca gets off work at 7 and goes to the gym right after! She doesnt even go home and I think thats so inspiring.

• Cheyanne

-I’m IN!!!!! I’ve been running/walking a lot more often for my workouts, and doing a circuit afterward is exactly what I have been looking for! Thanks!!
    -I would love to lose 5 pounds or so before summer and just get a little more toned in general!
    -I’m currently a nursing student and also working, so it is super hard to find the time to workout. I’m also really bad at waking up early. I’m usually awake by 7:30, but I typically have class in the morning so I don’t have time to workout before class or work.

Questions for YOU!
    -What time do you typically go to bed and wake?
    -Will you personally be adding extra workouts and runs in, or will you be doing the exact fitness plan posted?

Reply to Cheyanne

YAY!!

5lbs will be a great goal before summer!

I usually go to bed 9:30-11 and wake up around 5:30-7

I will be sticking to this exact plan, but my runs may be longer or shorter because of my training!

• Kelsey

I’m in! I need something to follow. I typically do SO much better when I am following a challenge. My hardest part is my schedule- I either have to workout super early in the am or when its really late and dark out so that hasn’t been the most motivating. It is so much easier for me to get moving over the weekends, I just need to set a strict schedule and make it happen (I am thinking mornings since I can sometimes talk myself out of a late night workout after a long day at work). My Spring Fitness goals are to get back on track. It keeps feeling like something is getting in my way (even if its just myself). Ready to do it!

Kelsey

Reply to Kelsey

Yes! So excited to have you join.

Maybe you can break it up and do the miles or circuit in the morning and the other half in the evening.

I have no doubt you can do this!!

• Denver

IN!

Thank you!

Reply to Denver
  • Ryan

Very cool. My friends and I use the GroupMe app on our phones to keep each other accountable when we do a weight loss challenge. It’s not fitness specific, but it works pretty well. Just out of curiosity…I found your site…I think through a low carb recipe, but it doesn’t look like you eat exclusively low carb. Just curious…wow would you describe the eating plan / diet you follow?

Reply to Ryan
  • Vanessa

Yey, the challenge looks great and I am beyond excited already, so count me in! I’ll have to many many alterations though – my body is super low on iron at the moment and really not resilient, I get tired way quicker than before. So I’ll keep the workouts lighther and do fewer repititions to not wear me out completely. Also I have exams until next week and then I’ll be traveling for another week so I’ll see what I can fit in then. But I will try for sure πŸ™‚ Looking forward to all the motivation here!

Are you IN or Out?
    In for sure!

What are your Spring Fitness goals?
    Eating a clean diet rich in iron, move every day and listen to what my body wants.

What is the hardest part about sticking to a plan, and how can you change that?
    The hardest part is adapting it to a busy and changing schedule. But I’ll do the workouts first thing in the morning (with fewer repititions I guess) and for the rest I won’t stress out but just do as much as it works for me πŸ™‚

Reply to Vanessa

Glad you are in and glad you are going to change it up! HEALTH first. Take these workouts with you on your trips or do them in your room!:)

I also have to eat a rich iron diet! Salmon, steak, spinach, kale and cashews are great!

Love your plan! πŸ™‚

• Brittney

IN SO IN!

I have to agree with one of the commenters on paying for fitness plans. It’s annoying, so thank you! Much appreciated.

Reply to Brittney
  • Danielle

I am in! I’m looking to lose the rest of my baby weight (5-8lbs) by my sons first birthday (End of June) and I think this will kick start that! It’s going to be harder finding time with an 8 month old running around, but I’m determined!

Ps. My husband and I are looking to move to the Charlotte area soon from CT. We just got home from visiting our friends who just bought a new home in Waxhaw and we FELL in love with the area! Your blog helped me and my friend find fun stuff to do since she’s new to the area so thank you! Any more tips you have keep them coming!

Reply to Danielle

I can’t wait!

You can totally use his energy to feed off of. When he’s running around, just start running around with him!:)

You’ll LOVE LOVE LOVE Charlotte & I totally love Waxhaw! I will be done with my new Charlotte post soon!

• Jordyn David

I am certainly IN! I can’t wait to give this a shot! I’ve done a lot of your challenges, and follow your posts on the instagram page. I have 2 5K’s coming up in April! I haven’t ran a race since last May. I’ve also gained more weight than I’d like to acknowledge this past year so I’m all for cutting down and focusing on the goal! I think the hardest part about sticking to a plan is being able to get to a gym or do an outside exercise. living in northern Illinois, the weather is unpredictable, so this indoor exercise is awesome! I also just tend to lose motivation in general, but I’m hoping if i provide myself with weekly incentives that I’ll keep going! Do you have a pdf or word document for this challenge that I could download?

Reply to Jordyn David

Thanks Jordyn!

I’m excited for you to complete this challenge. & I’m excited to follow you!

You definitely won’t have to worry about going out in the weather with these workouts! You can totally do them at home πŸ™‚

I havent made a PDF, but you can save the photos right from the browser, paste them in a word doc and print! πŸ™‚

• Karlye

Totally IN! I’m running the Charleston Bridge Run 10K at the beginning of April and I’ve been trying my best to train for it but this will make it much easier!

Reply to Karlye
  • Sara @ Oats & Rows

This is great, Taralynn!! πŸ™‚

Reply to Sara @ Oats & Rows
  • Shru

I’m innnnnnn! This is so exciting.

I workout pretty often so this seems tough yet doable!

2) I want to lose weight for my grandfathers birthday (he’s hitting a mile stone so it’s going to be huge with people coming from around the world!)

3) For me it’s waking up in the morning. I just don’t. I tell myself I’ll do it in the evening and then promise myself to get up the next day :/

Plus I crave sweets! It’s so funny, I’m not really into sweet food but when I do try eating healthy, I end up craving them so much! Guess it’s the withdrawal.

Do you have any tips for that? Thanks,

Love ya,
    Shru.

Reply to Shru

WOOO! So excited.

VERY doable. Some of the workouts are so easy, they just take more time and some are very hard, but are quick!

That is a great goal! Happy bday to grandpa!

That is a great goal and you can set alarms, get things ready the night before, and do everything you can to wake up. Sometimes you need to set several alarms and put them in the other room!

You can’t fight the sweet tooth or it’ll come back worse. You have to treat yourself EVERYDAY. I added dark chocolate chips at the end of the day in my meal plans because it helps with the late night cravings!

I don’t know if I’m in for this round, but I might take one or two of these workouts on random days and try them out. I have my own weekly goal for fitness and so long as I get it done throughout the week, I don’t care what else I do:

3 hours running
    2 insanity workouts
    2 resistance workouts

And I’d also do some other stuff here and there like pilates and such. πŸ™‚ Today is super windy and cold, so I’m not going to run, but instead did a very very light workout with pilates indoors.

I’d love to see an arm workout from you!

Using these for workouts is great too! Just some ideas if you’re stuck or want to change things up.

I love pilates for sure! have a great day!

• Crystal

I’m in!!!

My goal is to keep working on my weekly miles. πŸ™‚

My confidence level is what I’ve been working on & the lack of confidence is what usually pulls me from my own goals. Believing & it will be!!

So thrilled you posted this. Love adding to my workout routine. Keep on crushing your goals!

Reply to Crystal

YAY!

That is a great goal!

Working out is a great confidence booster. The more you prove to yourself, the better you feel!

xo xo thanks so much.

• Madison

Yay! I’m totally in. I’ve been so bored at the gym just running and some lifting. Now I have something to do.

Reply to Madison
  • Dezzy

I’m so in! This plan looks amazing. Thank you for doing this! I can’t stand when bloggers create plans to “help” people but charge a fortune for e-books! You are great!

Reply to Dezzy
  • Jocelyn

Hi Taralynn! I absolutely love this πŸ™‚ Thank you for providing so much details. I use your workouts all the time so I am IN!! The best prat about this post is the fact that you shared your grocery list and meal plan for the week—-that is what I struggle with the most so thank you!! Will you be posting this every week for the challenge?

Thanks again!

Reply to Jocelyn

YAY!!

I will try to do my best posting meals, but the ones above is what I plan on eating most of the 25 days! I can try to change it up! My recap posts will have a lot of my eats in them too.

• Amanda

IN! This looks amazing! I printed it out, and plan to follow. I also bought a Cyclebar package, so I plan to incorporate some rides as well.
    I am trying to get fit by my wedding in September. I started working out 3-4x a week in January and eating as healthy as possible.
    The hardest part for me is the soreness. I am SO sore for two days after weight training, that it makes me not want to do it

Reply to Amanda

Hi Amanda!

YAY! So happy you’re in.

Trade some miles for bike miles! Good idea πŸ™‚

You are going to look AMAZING for your wedding! & congrats.

Stretch and make sure you are getting tons of water and protein after a workout for recovery!

I always drink Isopure Amino Supplement after a workout to help repair the muscles! It taste so good, only 15 calories, and It works !

• Ashley

I am excited! When are you starting this? πŸ™‚

Reply to Ashley
  • Amanda|The Kitcheneer

Count me in! I will be going on my first business trip of the year next week and I can’t wait to try this in the gym at my hotel plus I plan on hitting up the local crossfit gym while I am down there! This looks like fun! And it will help with my own 1/2 training! Thank you!!

Reply to Amanda|The Kitcheneer

Hi Amanda!

I am so pumped you are in!

This is definitley perfect for traveling or a hotel gym! πŸ™‚ I hope you have a great business trip and I look forward to following along! xo

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Oh man, I don’t know whether to join or not! I’m scared of the commitment but I know it’d be great for me!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog