Bow Ties, Running & Breakfast with a Vet!

Boy, what a day. It’s 9pm and I’m finally sitting down for the first time. I’m exhausted. I’m sitting on the couch watching Leo attack my running shoes and I’m too tired to get up and stop him. Luckily, they’re my backups. All of my energy has been reserved for this blog post. Blogging is relaxing and I’m so ready to wind down and share my week with you!
Lets start with tonight’s dinner. I hardly did any cooking this week because of everything going on right now (details soon.) I had sweet potato fries, a spicy black bean burger and a crab cake. I had the exact same meal last night too.
I finally cracked and bought eggnog today. It was either this or wine…I had to celebrate turning on the heat for the first time this season somehow. The Silk Almond Nog is so good and only 45 calories for 1/2 a cup! 🙂 And if you’re an eggnog lover, you know 1/2 cup is only the first gulp.
I  had a kale and spinach salad for lunch topped with lobster salad and mozzarella.
I stopped at Starbucks while I was out and about today. I bought a grande skinny latte with two extra shots of espresso. It was my first cup of coffee for the day, so the extra espresso was necessary.
I didn’t have time to make or eat breakfast this morning, so I grabbed a bag of energy trail mix at the grocery store. This trail mix had dried pineapple, almonds, dried cranberry, dark chocolate espresso beans, yogurt coated peanuts, walnuts, and dark chocolate chunks.
Time to take this recap post all the way back to Monday!

I spent the day with my dad and helped him shop for my mom. It was their 30th Anniversary.

I made a salad for lunch. It had lettuce, tomatoes, almonds, hard boiled eggs, cucumbers and balsamic vinaigrette.

My dad made one of my favorites 🙂 Pot roast with potatoes and carrots. My parents used to make this all the time when I was growing up. It’s the perfect fall meal to warm you up! You can find the recipe here!

I woke up early to walk the pups in my parents neighborhood. I always stay out at their house if it’s late because I hate making the drive home at night. I also love waking up and having coffee with my parents.picmonkey-collage-6

My parents and I have voted together for the past eight years. We headed to the polls to vote and then had lunch at a little diner in York.
I met up with Meighan on Monday night for a run. We did four miles around Charlotte and it felt amazing. I’ve been taking  new pre and post workout vitamins and they have been making a huge difference in my energy levels. I’ll be blogging about those soon! I’m determined to keep running through the winter, but I’m getting nervous with these cold temps. I’m shaking cold just taking the dogs out, so the thought of running in the cold terrifies me.

After our run, I grabbed some CVS snacks and then headed to Kyle’s to watch the Election night. I made vegan burgers and sweet potato fries for dinner. I stayed up until 4:00am watching the election results and then woke up at 7:00am. An internal alarm clock is not always your best friend.

I had coffee and took the pups for a quick dog walk. When I got back, my entire day was made 🙂 I’ve been watching Kelly live every morning for years and Megyn Kelly is one of my idols, so this was a double win. I definitely fan-girled hard. I finished my work on Wednesday around 5pm and then headed straight to bed. I needed to catch up on sleep because I was a sleepy crankster.

Day made ? pic.twitter.com/490QpnaSWF

I was back to my normal self on Thursday morning. I had proper sleep and I was ready to get back to my norm.
For breakfast I made quinoa and eggs. My eggs had 5 egg whites and one egg yolk.  YES, that’s ketchup. picmonkey-collage-6
Grumples got his four miles in 🙂 We live for our walks. picmonkey-collage-7There is still a big pinch of fall left here in Charlotte. Some of you are already getting snow!

The boys were so tired by the time Thursday night rolled around.  Me too…

I had my go-to! 🙂 Spicy black bean burger and sweet potato fries!

My mom had Veterans day off, so she came over bright and early on Friday morning to walk with Grumples and I.
 After our walk, we headed to Terrace Cafe for a Veterans Day brunch. I wish my dad could have been there, but he’s been very sick. I will make sure to take him out for a Veterans Day breakfast when he gets better.
I had an egg white omelet with spinach, tomato, onion, bell pepper, and goat cheese. My omelet came with a side of fresh fruit and wheat toast. The fresh peach jam was amazing!

Happy Veterans Day to my beautiful mom and all of those who have served!

You better believe I helped my mom with her pancakes! Terrace Cafe has the BEST pancakes! I want them now!
I headed straight to the gym Friday afternoon! I did a circuit from the Simply Taralynn Fitness Challenge and ran three miles on the treadmill. I only planned on doing ten minutes on the treadmill, but when your run feels good, you go with it!
On Friday night, Kyle, Steve (his roomate) and I walked to Rock Bottom Brewery for dinner.

I ordered a jalapeño turkey burger and a side of broccoli. I usually ditch the bun and wrap my burger up with lettuce.
Because we are artist.
Leave it to Kyle to always take photos of me sleeping with the dogs. This daylight savings time is killing me. I’m always ready to go to bed by eight.

I woke up in the middle of the night super sick. Thankfully I felt so much better in the morning. I sat out and had coffee on the porch with the pups. I love when Leo tries to be just like Grumples.

We decided to take Leo on his first walk uptown. We stopped at Not Just Coffee so I could grab a cappuccino. I pretty much lived off coffee all weekend.

I can’t believe how big Leo is getting.

Leo’s serious face.

Kyle was trying to imitate Leo’s facial expressions.
We had so much fun walking him uptown and he did so well! We are trying to introduce him to new people and new situations as much as we can.  Super Loaded Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes <3When we got back, I helped Steve make super loaded mashed potatoes for his friends giving. You can find that recipe here:)

Kyle and I headed to the hardware store to look for puppy gates. I felt like a kid when I saw all the Christmas trees up! They had Christmas trees that danced…what?!

I picked up Chopt for dinner. I didn’t choose the hardware store next to Chopt by accident.  I have a new go-to! It has Kale, spinach, grilled chicken, falafel, goat cheese, hard boiled egg whites, cucumbers, roasted seasonal vegetables, chickpeas, tricolor quinoa, pita chips, fried onions and balsamic vinaigrette on the side.

I still wasn’t feeling 100% Saturday night, so I fell asleep at 8:30. I didn’t even make it to the beginning of the movie.

I rested all Saturday morning and started to feel better around noon.

Kyle and I headed to the 7th Street Market for Viva Raw juices and a coffee.

We tried the Cocoa Bliss and the Turmeric Almond Milk.

The Cocoa Bliss had almond milk, banana, raw cacao powder, almond butter, dates and cinnamon. It would make the best post-workout drink. Kyle and I are going to buy bottles and make a stash of our own. It’s going to be a fun little weekend project. The Turmeric Almond Milk had almond milk, dates, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla bean. I really liked that one because I love anything that has ginger in it!

I felt guilty after watching all the Charlotte marathoners pass through. I know I wasn’t feeling too great, but I needed to do something. They were all so inspiring. Shout out to Elizabeth from RunningforRobert for kiling it! & shout out to my girl Meighan for getting a PR during the relay!

I decided to go to the gym with Kyle and run (more of a jog) a few miles. Have you ever felt like quitting, but the person next to you is killing it on the treadmill? Talk about a boost of motivation and inspiration all in one! I was happy I did something. I finished my run with a deep stretch session and some sit-ups.

I had to snap some photos on the way back. Sometimes the rainy city can be a beautiful thing.
I had been looking for bow ties for the pups forever! I was having a hard time picking the perfect ones. Ironically, Calicopri reached out to me and offered to send some over for Mr. Grumples and Leo! When I saw the plaid ones, I couldn’t believe it. THOSE WERE THE EXACT ONES I WANTED.

I asked if she would be interested in providing a discount code for my readers and she said of course! If you use code: mrgrumples20, you can get 20% off your order 🙂 The code needs 11/27! She has the holiday ones up now!

The bows have a velcro strap that attaches to the dog collars.
I walked into a store when I was in Charleston last week and fell in love with some of the dog bows. I looked at the tag and almost had a heart attack. $50 for a dog bow tie? WHAT! Calicopri bow ties are just as nice and you can get them for as little as $10! & that’s without the discount code.

We went to a neighborhood chili cookout Sunday night. It was delicious and perfect because we didn’t have to cook anything. I was again in bed by 8:30 on Sunday night. I really need to work on my staying up skills.

I took Leo to the vet Monday morning for his shots and checkup. He’s 22.6 pounds now! He’s growing like a weed.

I was feeling so much better on Monday, so I headed out for a six mile run. It was beautiful out 🙂

The trees are still gorgeous as ever in Charlotte.
I stopped at Fresh Market after my run and grabbed some water, mixed nuts, and fresh fruit! I spent the evening watching Dancing With The Stars! 🙂 It’s been a great week and I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving!

Questions for you!

1. Do you ever have weeks where you literally cook nothing?
  2. Have you ever had a fangirl moment?
  3. Is daylight savings time effecting you?
  4. Have you bought eggnog yet?

Don’t forget to join my step challenge! It starts THIS Saturday:)img_7285

My RocksBox code ends soon! Don’t forget to try a month free of designer jewelry rental! code: simplytaralynnxoxo

Comments

• Taylor

Random questions here, but how do you get your eggs so fluffy? Mine never turn out like that. ALSO, where do you get your black bean burgers from?

Reply to Taylor
  • Leanne

I saw your running pace last night and I’m so impressed! Keep it up!

Reply to Leanne
  • Melanie

I like that outfit you have holding the dogs!

Reply to Melanie
  • Sarah

Hi Taralynn!

What kind of bean burgers and fries do you usually get? They always look so yummy!

Reply to Sarah
  • Sarah

You have the cutest dogs on earth!

Thank you for being so inspirational and real with us. I love your blogs!

Reply to Sarah
  • Bethany @LuluRuns

I totally fangirled when you followed me on Instagram! I’ve been reading your blog for at least three years and that TOTALLY made my day/week/month. 🙂

Also, can’t wait to hear your exciting news!! You have my on the edge of my seat 😉

Reply to Bethany @LuluRuns
  • Hannah

My bow ties came in the mail today and my pup looks great. I tagged you!

Reply to Hannah
  • Jessica

More photos of Kyle please!!

Reply to Jessica
  • Taylor

What is the brand of those tall brown boots you are wearing with Leo? I love them!

Reply to Taylor
  • Katie

Your hair is getting so long!

Reply to Katie
  • Gina

Where did you get your burgundy sweater?

Reply to Gina
  • Carly

I love grumples and leo together! They are absolutely adorable and even more handsome with their bowties! Ordering Moose some bowties now so he can be handsome and festive for the holidays!

A week without cooking anything…. literally sounds like my last week. I was also sick so my cooking consisted of heating up soup or oatmeal at the very most ha! I think I’ll make up for it with mass amounts thanksgiving cooking next week! Hope your feeling better!

I have never had a fangirl moment, but always thought about what would I say if I did run into a fangirl worthy someone!

Daylight savings is KILLING ME too! 8 pm hits and Im struggling to keep my eyes open! I also have zero concept of time once the sun goes down… is it 5 pm or 10 pm?

I have never actually tried eggnog… I literally have no idea what it tastes like! Although I may have to try it this year with your raving about it, since everything else that I’ve tried thats been on your blog I’ve loved!

Reply to Carly

Hi Carly!

Oh my! Moose is going to be so cute 🙂 I hope to see pics.

You and I were both sick! yuck :(Hope you’re feeling better too!!

hahaha I would be the most awkward person to a celebrity!

HAHAHA me too! Although I went out with the girls last night and stayed up till 3 am so I defeated it all!!!

WHAT! ITS SO GOOD! Please try it and let me know what you think!!!

• Anonymous

Leo is so cute

Reply to Anonymous
  • Brooklyn

Oh man, those doggie bows are SO precious!
    I adore Leo’s serious little face!

You and your mom look way more like sisters then mother and daughter 🙂

The daylight savings change is killing me. It’s currently 5 pm and dark out already. I am so ready for bed! But then come night time I keep getting a second wind of energy. It’s killer.

Reply to Brooklyn

Hi Brooklyn!

Leo has the best serious face. It’s as soon as you pick him up or try to take a pictures!

My mom gets that a lot!:) She’s the greatest.

Sounds like the story of my life!

• Katie

this blue sweater…is it from BR this year? Absolutely love it!

Reply to Katie
  • Kelli

Haha, I was wondering if you got your hands on some egg nog yet! I just picked up some of the almond nog and man it’s delicious! I’m not much of an egg nog fan, but I added a little bit to my banana protein smoothie as a nice dessert. 🙂

Ahh jeez! I dunno why, but the time changes always get to me. Takes me a few weeks to recuperate and get back to my normal routine.

Awww they look so adorable in their bowties!! 🙂 Leo reminds me of a stuffed animal I had as a kid.

Reply to Kelli

You bet I did. It’s usually the first christmasy thing I do! I bet its so good with a banana protein shake! I love making eggnog protein shakes 🙂

Me too, girl! Me too.

Lol he does look like a teddy bear!

• Lauren @ Following the Path of Life

Leo is sooo adorable– he really is growing! And, of course, Grumples is still as handsome as ever; it looks like they are wonderful pair of buddies! Random question, but how did you come up with the name “Grumples”? (If you had a post about it, I don’t remember reading it.)
    Also, the sweater you wore out to breakfast with your mom is so cute! It looks like a cozy one for Christmas. 🙂

1. No…not unless we’re traveling and staying at hotels. If we’re at home or out camping, we’ll usually always cook something. When I’m really pressed for time I have a few quick go-to meals I can always make, or sandwiches are a last resort.

2. No…I can’t really say that I’ve had a fangirl moment. Nothing comes to mind.

3.I think my body has actually adjusted pretty well to daylight savings time. Getting up in the mornings isn’t a problem and although my body kind of wants to go to bed at 8:30, waiting until 9:00 or 9:30 (our usual bedtime) isn’t too difficult.

4. Oh my…eggnog sounds delicious right now, but I’m still waiting until we’re closer to Christmas. 🙂 Because it’s kind of pricey, it’s more of a once-a-year treat for us. I’m also going to have to see if the almond- or soy-based ones are plant-based friendly….Hopefully I can find or make one!

Reply to Lauren @ Following the Path of Life

Hi Lauren!

He’s growing about 1/2 pound a day! I’m shocked at how well they get along. I was a little nervous how it would be at first. Grumples got his name from the little noises he would make as a puppy:) He still makes the grumpy groans.

Thank you so much!:) It’s one of my favorite sweaters.

I need to get some sandwich go-to ingredients. I’m living off eggs and eggnog. (and coffee of course)

I’m fighting my eyes by eight! I get up around 5:30-6 though, so that may be why.

If you make one, let me know!!!

What is the screenshot of the show you’re watching? Is it breakfast television?

• Heather @ Polyglot Jot

I definitely go through weeks where I do pre-made sweet potato fries, frozen vegetable steamers, and premade veggie burgers for like 3589 meals. Sometimes I just dont want to cook as much as I love it!
    Hope your stomachs feeling better this week! Thats the worst!

Reply to Heather @ Polyglot Jot
  • Paula

Hi there! I want to say I have been reading your blog for a few years. So long I can’t even remember how I stumbled upon it but I’m glad I did! I love following your healthy lifestyle online. Keeps me motivated!

In response to a question- I have not had egg nog but somehow always say I don’t like it. It doesn’t sound appealing. But that’s so unfair if I never tried it! Maybe this year..

I wanted to ask your opinion on a few running things. I do mostly treadmill running. I find outside is harder. I should probably just do it. Any tips on getting outside more? I am up to 5 miles on the treadmill but that is getting so boring.

Also, what do you wear in colder weather? I always seem to over dress but yet I’m freezing to start / end. I don’t want to injur a muscle or get sick.

Thanks! again, I love your blog. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Reply to Paula

Hi Paula!

Thank you so much for following me all of these years and the kind words! Means so much 🙂

Paula, you NEED to try it! It’s AMAZING 🙂 Just take a sip! You’ll be hooked.

See, I feel like the treadmill is much harder because it’s SO BORING. Have you tried using any running apps while you run outside? I like having my music in my ear and a running app helping me get through the run. Try run keeper!

I am actually just writing a winter running post! 🙂 It’ll be live this weekend. Make sure to have gloves, headband, reflectors and stay hydrated!

• Jamie

Do you ever have weeks where you literally cook nothing?
    –Yes, absolutely! That’s one of the reasons why I’m glad I followed your advice with Blue Apron, it’s really helping me get back into meal planning and cooking during the week. 🙂

Have you ever had a fangirl moment?
    –When I went to Ina Garten’s book signing I was a total geek! I love her so much, she’s awesome!

Is daylight savings time effecting you?
    –OMG ME TOO! It’s been nice though because now I’m going to bed at a more reasonable time, so it’s helping me get more sleep.

Have you bought eggnog yet?
    –I’m not a big eggnog fan, usually just a sip is more than enough for me. Trader Joe’s Spiced Apple Cider is delicious, I’ve already had my first mug of the season.

Reply to Jamie

Hi Jamie!

I literally just ordered a blue apron. I need to start cooking, even if it’s blue apron!

OMG…I LOVE HER! She has a therapeutic voice.

It’s helping me get more sleep too! I was in bed at nine last night and up at 6 this morning.

I’m like that with apple cider! One sip is good for me haha

• Jamie

I love reading about your weeks!

Reply to Jamie
  • Dana

I love the flavor of ginger too! I always add a piece of candied ginger to my smoothies, it gives the ginger tang without being too hot.

I cook everything so I can’t imagine going a week without, maybe a day.

Reply to Dana
  • ashley

eeek I think I know what your news is! sickness in the middle of the night and a tiny little baby bump…. 🙂 🙂

Reply to ashley

Haha. No no no! I just had a bug and I’m all better now. If you’re seeing a tiny baby bump, it’s probably a food baby or I should probably go on a diet. I don’t plan on having kids for about ten years. No pregnancies here. Sorry!

• Kaelie

Where did you get that blue sweater? And your mom looks like she could be your sister!

Reply to Kaelie
  • Julie

1. Yes and it’s always disastrous on my health plan!
    2. Yes when I met Ree Drummon, the Pioneer Woman
    3. Not too much but I’m hanging in there.
    4. LOVE eggnog! I’ll have to try this brand though!

What kind of dog is Leo! He is precious and looks like a cute stuffed animal!

Reply to Julie

Hi Julie!

I feel ya 😉 It’s all about making healthier choices when you are dining out.

I’d fan girl too! She’s great 🙂

You’ll LOVE this brand! if you love eggnog!

Leo is a goldendoodle! 🙂

• Elizabeth

I feel so special that you mentioned me in your blog! Thank you!! I’ve been following your blog for 3 years, and when we were planning to meet up over the weekend I was seriously fangirling!! My friends couldn’t stop laughing at me?? I’m so glad you’re feeling better! Hope to meet you sooner rather than later, and love hearing all about your runs!?

Reply to Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth!

I’m excited to run a race together! So sorry I wasn’t feeling good this weekend, but I am going to make a trip to Boston and hopefully in the spring! I love following your journey and you inspire me everyday!!! xo xo

• Parker

Where did you get that trail mix with the espresso beans?! Also, was brand of sweet potato fries do you buy? Or are they home made? Have a great Wednesday!

Reply to Parker
  • Virjinia

Your pups are so adorable! Yay for finding bows for them. And it looks like they have great socialization skills. I love all your pretty pictures!

Reply to Virjinia
  • Charmaine Ng

I’ve actually never tasted eggnog! Am I the only one?

– Charmaine

Reply to Charmaine Ng
  • Chandler

1. Do you ever have weeks where you literally cook nothing?
    Yes, absolutely! I try to prepare something on Sunday or Monday that I can enjoy throughout the week, but I definitely have those weeks!
    2. Have you ever had a fangirl moment?
    YES. Back when One Direction was big, I met them and definitely freaked out. I rarely listen to them now, but it was cool to meet them!
    3. Is daylight savings time effecting you?
    I’m not sure if it’s affecting me, but I’m someone who always goes to bed early. I get up between 5 and 5:30 AM every day, so I always need to go to bed early, and I still like to on the weekends!
    4. Have you bought eggnog yet?
    I haven’t, but I want to try the Silk Almond Nog you mentioned above! I can’t say I’ve actually ever tried egg nog!

Also, your hair is GORGEOUS in those pics at the end with Leo and Grumples in the bowties. How do you make your half-up hair look so perfect?!

Reply to Chandler

Hi Chandler!

Glad I’m not the only one. If I’m not dining out, it’s frozen patties and fries. This is why I’m going to start food prepping as soon as things slow down!

YOU MET ONE DIRECTION…gahhhh Harry 🙂

You have a good sleeping schedule!

You’ll love the Silk! My carton is already gone…

Thank you so much! I’m actually embarrassed to say this…so when Kyle and I got back from the gym, we didn’t realize what time it was and we had to be at the chilly cookout in like ten minutes. I hurried up and put my hair half up/half down! I just brushed the top and gave it a little hairspray and tease! I have VERY THICK curly hair so I have to brush it out sometimes.

• Jacelyn

Leo and Grumples are so cute! I love your style and all of your photos 🙂

Reply to Jacelyn
  • Mira

Hi Taralynn! Quit question – what kind of frozen sweet potato fries do you buy? They look delish!

Reply to Mira
  • Mackenzie

GIRL- that is nuts about Megyn Kelly…. What!!!!! How cool. I never thought to put eggs and quinoa together like that, but it looks super good! And those bow ties on the pups are killing me with cuteness. **heart eyes**
    – YES- when we first moved out here I didn’t cook for like the first full two or three weeks. I couldn’t even find my cutting board when it was time to get back to it!
    – Fan girl moment: More than I’d like to admit…. Jennifer Aniston was at our resort in Bora Bora when we were on our honeymoon…. She was a couple tables away one night at dinner, and I tried to take a picture but my flash went off.. It was dark out and we were all outside. Let me just say not my smoothest moment. Jimmy Kimmel was there too and he said hi to us one morning… I went back to the room and spazzed out excitedly for wayy too long.
    – Daylight savings has definitely been affecting me… It just throws me off, even with the extra sleep.
    – Not yet- but definitely need to try that Silk Egg Nog!

<3 <3

Reply to Mackenzie

Hi Mackenzie!

I was so excited when I heard my name! 🙂 Quinoa and eggs is amazing. I learned that trick from Kyle!

The pups and their bow ties….

Moving will do that to ya for sure! It’s always fun to restock a fridge after moving though!

I would have done the exact same thing! Love Jimmy and Jen!!! SO COOL!

I think it’s effecting a lot of us! 🙁 JOYS OF WINTER!!!

• Jessica

Taralynn, is the spicy black bean burger recipe on your website? they sound so yummy right now.

Reply to Jessica
  • Jennifer

All the time haha Since I’m still looking for a job I’m trying to be as stingy as I can which means I’m not going all out at the grocery store! Lol I literally have eggs, milk, and chicken in my fridge right now.. that’s about it haha

Haha yes! The first time you commented on an insta picture of mine I freaked out 😉

No, not working is though! My anxiety is high because I’m so nervous about the job thing, that I can’t fall asleep at night, then wake up super early! It’s weird not really having a routine right now.

Nope! I’ve never really been an eggnog fan. A friend of mine made homemade eggnog once and that wasn’t too bad though!

Reply to Jennifer

Hi Jennifer!

Sometimes being stingy makes us realize what we buy/don’t need when we don’t have to be stingy! It can be a good thing. I hope you find what you’re looking for soon!

ME!? hahaha thats so funny to me. That made my day though!

Well if you’re ever needing a job and change of scenery, Charlotte is booming and hiring everywhere!

• Alison Williams

I just went and got my dogs Christmas bows to wear from her store! Yay! I have 2 Pugs and 1 Lab. Can’t wait to see them showing off their bows. Thank you for linking her Etsy store and the discount code too.

Reply to Alison Williams
  • Kelly Doherty

A double-whammy means a double setback haha! I think you mean getting featured on Live with Kelly was a double win! And I have to agree — I watched that and was like “Wait a second .. did she just say TaraLynn McNitt” ! Amazing!

I loved this post — got me excited for Winter 🙂 I also shared your picture of Leo in the bowtie with girls from my office who are currently obsessing over it.

Cheers!

Reply to Kelly Doherty
  • Carlee

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT BLUE SWEATER??

Reply to Carlee
  • Amanda| The Kitcheneer

Holy cow yes! Daylight savings is killing me! Ive been going to bed around 8 every night! Also, when we go to the gym around 4:30, its night when we are done! I miss the sun out later but I love the fall weather!
    I am on a Whole30 right now (Day 10) but when I am done I am definitely getting some nog! Oh, and Leo is getting so big!!!

Reply to Amanda| The Kitcheneer

Seriously. HE’S A GIANT!

It’s so weird going into a store and coming out and it’s dark!

Nice job doing the Whole30! My mom loves doing it 🙂

• Peggy O’Neill

Why is this daylight savings time adjustment so hard? It usually only takes me 3 days….it must be the Supermoon!

Reply to Peggy O'Neill
  • Emily Weir

I can’t wait to hear what your exciting update is! The suspense is killing me 😉

We just got a dog a couple months ago, and I’m thinking he needs his own adorable bow tie. I can’t get over how cute your pups are in them!

Glad you’re feeling better, and hope your body adjusts to the time change soon! It’s so hard to suddenly be getting home from work in the dark.

Enjoy Thanksgiving with your fam! 🙂

Reply to Emily Weir

Only a few more weeks 😉

I think they loved their bow ties and the treats that came with them wearing em 😉 All dogs need bow ties!

I totally agree! I’m going to force myself to stay up tonight! (fingers crossed)

Hope you have a great thanksgiving as well!

xo

• Becky

You keep teasing something new in your life and then saying you’ll tell us later! When are you going to share with us?? The anticipation is killing me!

Reply to Becky
  • Jessie @ The Acquired Sass

1. I’d feel so sick if I ate out for a whole week straight. But I’ve been on the lazy train this week, so I made one big pot of chili and have been eating bagged salad on the side. Or just spreading goat cheese on toasted bread & calling it a sandwich.

2. I’ve had a couple big bloggers // instagrammers I follow like pictures of mine recently. That usually slaps a smile on my face.

3. UGH. Sure is. I hate that it’s dark when I leave work now. I feel like I’m sleepy and ready for bed by 7PM. Not to mention, it’s so hard to get up in the morning for the gym when it’s cold AND dark out. I’m training for a few 5Ks to meet a goal I have by the end of the year, so that’s been helping me drag my butt out of bed.

4. Nope, but I just saw it for the first time the other day! My Mom always buys it at Thanksgiving. A half gallon for my brother, ’cause he’ll drink the whole thing. And then another for the rest of us to share. We add bourbon when we drink in on Thanksgiving. I love adding it to coffee to make an egg nog latte. Or using it in place of my coffee creamer. It’s great in hot chocolate too!

Leo is getting SO big. Love that picture of him and Grumps sitting on the stoop looking out. They look like such well behaved best friends.

Reply to Jessie @ The Acquired Sass

It really depends what you get for sure:) Eating heavy restaurant food would be awful. I’m going to be doing tons of crockpot recipes soon! As soon as everything slows down on my end.

I feel ya on that 😉 I had Kate Hudson like my photo once and I almost fainted.

It’s good you have goals that help you get out of bed! I’m quick to wake up early because of LEO and then I love my quiet dark mornings with coffee and the news. I do my emails and cozy up with Grumples. You’re a rockstar for working out in the morning.

We add bourbon to our eggnog too! I do protein shakes with it, but I’m going to try using my Nespresso maker for an eggnog latte!

They literally love each other and grumples is so patient with him!

• La

Unrelated BUT what mascara do you use? Your eyes pop!

Reply to La
  • Aleysha

Those bowties are adorable! I will have to order some holiday ones, I’m THAT person that dresses my dogs up for every holiday. No shame.

1.Do you ever have weeks where you literally cook nothing?
    Ugh yes. I’ve been better lately but there are just those weeks where life gets busy and cooking dinner isn’t something you can fit in. Or where I procrastinate going to the grocery store (Super guilty of that one)

2.Have you ever had a fangirl moment?
    I hate admitting this.. But I’m obsessed with MTV’s “The Real World.” Probably the only person who still watches that show… But anyways, they just filmed in Seattle and I ended up meeting the cast one night and being in the background on the show. May or may not have fangirled over that a tiny bit.

3.Is daylight savings time effecting you?
    I’m in busy season for work right now so I honestly haven’t even noticed the time change because I’m working all hours of the day/night 🙁 Yay for that.

4.Have you bought eggnog yet?
    Yes!! I use eggnog instead of coffee creamer from the second I see it in stores- Christmas. And i’ll only get the eggnog latte when I go to Starbucks. I’m a little obsessed.

Reply to Aleysha

Thank you Aleysha!

No shame in dressing up your pups!

I literally have egg nog, grapes, coffee creamer, veggie burgers and yogurt in my fridge right now. I’m in definite need of a grocery shop!

HAHA I love the real world too. I’ve been watching this season. You better screenshot that!

I guess thats a positive in working all hours of the day 🙁

OH YUM! I like to do that with shakes! I haven’t had the eggnog latte yet. I always do the peppermint mocha!