Not Your Classic Caesar Steak Salad

IMG_5319

I’m already in bed with my face mask on, ready to blog and do a little homework.

*currently watching the NY vs Cowboys game from my bed and it’s the only time of year I want the Giants to win…can you tell the Cowboys make me bitter?

PicMonkey Collage

Today was fun.

I spent the afternoon sewing and then ran a couple of errands. I whipped up some reversible placemats for my shop and for myself.

While I was at Earthfare, I saw that steak was on sale, so I decided to make a steak caesar salad.  I never stick to the classic caesar salad; I always add extra ingredients. Of course, I picked up pumpkin for some recipes this week.

IMG_5341

While the Lion’s game was on, I prepared dinner!

This salad had: steak marinated in sweet bourbon glaze, romaine, croutons, avocado, onion, sweet and spicy peppers, parmesan, and caesar dressing.

PicMonkey Collage

You can marinate the steak in whatever you like. I cooked the steak on the grill until medium.

IMG_5338

I was so excited to use my newly sewn placemats!

IMG_5323

I love eating around five or six. The sun starts to go down, I can open the windows up for fresh air and a light breeze. My camera caught the sun flares coming in.

IMG_5345

I also made some fresh lemon mint water to go with dinner. It had organic lemons and fresh mint leaves from my little garden.

IMG_5331 IMG_5310

I topped each plate with the salad ingredients and grilled steak on top.

IMG_5328

You could toss the salad in the dressing first, or put it on the side.

IMG_5326

I also bought Earthfare’s Maryland crab cakes. I’ve been eyeballing these crab cakes for months now. Crumbling crab cake over a salad is also delicious. If you have an Earthfare close by and you love crab cakes…I highly recommend these! I don’t know what’s gotten into me, but I’m loving crab cakes lately.

IMG_5322

The salad was delicious and filling. I had so much leftover and it’ll come in handy during the week when I need something quick.

IMG_5306

I know this post was simple and short, but I have homework to do!

Have a great night!

IMG_5305

I made extra placemats for my shop (like the ones seen in this post) and they’re now available! Each placemat is reversible! One side has the grey and white arrows, the other has an aztec tribal print.
www.simplytaralynncollection.com

IMG_5353

Comments

• Fana

Wow that looks so good. I am not really a crabcake person though but you’re making me reconsider.

Reply to Fana
  • Stephanie

Hi Taralynn,

I hope you are doing well. I love those place mats in these photos. Where did you get them? They almost look like a Jamberry nail wrap that I sell. Jamberry are nail wraps that go on your nails like a sticker using a heat source. The wrap I’m talking is called Sedona. It’s so pretty. It reminds me of Arizona. I lived there from the ages of 2-7 (I was born and currently live in Michigan). Anyway, you should check out the nail wrap. They also have a lot of fall ones too!

Reply to Stephanie
  • Isabela

Hi! Just wanted to say I’ve been following your posts all the way from Brazil and I love it! I just love how healthy and natural you are, without the whole fitness-no-carbs-no-sugar obsession! It really makes me want to start a healthier lifestyle when I know I don’t have to cut brownies out of my life. 😉
    Have a great weekend!

Reply to Isabela
  • Selene

The pics of food that you make looks so juicy and yummy! I need to go cook something right now 🙂

Reply to Selene
  • alyssa

Looks so delish! I love the placemats and the patterns you selected.

Reply to alyssa
  • amy

Oh that salad looks so good! Caesar salad with steak is like my favorite meal lately since I’ve started Keto. Full of healthy fats!

Reply to amy
  • Jill

Those place mats are super cute. I like the more square shape to them versus regular rectangular ones. They look great on that wooden table. (Salad looks delish, too)

Reply to Jill
  • savannah

Those pumpkin chips look DELICIOUS! Let us know how they are!

Reply to savannah
  • Pat

I just bought these for my apartment. I can’t wait to see what patterns you make next! I like that they are reversible 😉 Ur so artsy

Reply to Pat
  • Emily Weir

Sounds delicious! I’m also interested to hear how the pumpkin chips are. I’ve never heard of those before and I’m a pumpkin fanatic!

Reply to Emily Weir
  • Kindell

I love these placemats. I can’t wait for mine to get here:)

Reply to Kindell
  • Toni

absolutely love the placemats, definitely going to try to whip up a few myself for the upcoming Fall season. thanks for the inspiration!

Reply to Toni
  • Brooke

I have been eyeing the crab cakes there too!! I will have to buy some on my grocery haul this week. Did you catch the coconut oil sale they were having maybe 2 weeks ago? Coconut oil BOGO!!

Reply to Brooke