Lettuce Wrap Ground Turkey Tacos

IMG_1869

I’m a huge fan of lettuce wraps: lettuce wrap tacos, lettuce wrap fajitas, and lettuce wrap deli meats. Last week, Nick and I made ground turkey lettuce wrapped tacos for dinner.  This was a quick and simple recipe with little ingredients.

*1 large sweet yellow onion, 1 lb ground turkey, 1/2 packet low sodium organic taco seasoning mix, roma tomatoes, avocado, iceberg lettuce, 2 medium sweet potatoes, black pepper, olive oil, and garlic powder.

IMG_1876

-First, we sautéed a large onion with garlic powder, black pepper, and olive oil.
-After the onion was sautéed, we cooked up the ground turkey in one tablespoon of olive oil and added the low sodium taco seasoning.
-I let the lettuce wraps sit in the freezer for ten minutes before serving so they crisp up and become more sturdy.
-I put ground turkey, diced avocado, chopped roma tomatoes, and sautéed onion in the wrap!

The sweet potatoes are seasoned with garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt, and olive oil. I microwaved them to soften for about four minutes and then baked them for 35 minutes.

This was delicious, quick, and we can’t wait to make them again!

What is your favorite lettuce wrap dish?

Don’t forget to check out my new items in the shop!!!

Comments

• Delors

I love doing this!

Reply to Delors
  • Linda

Thanks for the recipe. I have a question regarding the sweet potatoes. Do you season and oil them before or after you microwave them?

Reply to Linda
  • Sarah

Hi Taralynn,

Love this recipe and love your blog. However, I’m bummed that your shop doesn’t carry any sizes for the plus size gal.

Sincerely,

Sarah

Reply to Sarah
  • Emily Weir

I LOVE taco lettuce wraps. Way less guilt when the food is in a lettuce leaf and not a tortilla. We also love Asian lettuce wraps with Teriyaki chicken and an Asian slaw of some kind. Super quick and easy too!

Reply to Emily Weir
  • Leigha

That looks delicious! I made lettuce wrap for the first time over the weekend.

We had rice, mushrooms, chicken, zucchini in ours.

Chasingsmilesalong.wordpress.com

Reply to Leigha
  • Cassie

Lettuce wrap tacos are basically my favorite dinner of all time! I love any lettuce wraps really–tofu, chicken, steak, turkey, fish, you name it! One of my most distinctive family recipes is the Vietnamese-style tilapia tacos where you pan-fry white tilapia fillets with dill, onions and spices until the fish turns golden, and then you put them in lettuce cups and devour them–with Sriracha of course! So good! <3

Reply to Cassie
  • Julie @ Run Away Freckles

Thanks for giving me my dinner plans for Friday night! This looks so yummy. You share the best recipes!

Reply to Julie @ Run Away Freckles