Blueberry Cobbler Ice Cream Bowls With Homemade Granola | Gluten-Free, Vegan, and Dairy-Free
One of my favorite desserts in the summer is homemade ice cream. We love creating new flavors and throwing all the ingredients into our ice cream maker. Sometimes, we have competitions to see who can create the best ice cream recipe.
If a dessert has blueberries, you better believe I’m already asking for seconds. Sign me up for blueberry pie, blueberry muffins, cake, and the list goes on! I think they’re one of the best dessert fruits. When I was trying to come up with my ice cream flavor, I kept thinking about something “blueberry.” I was also in the mood for vanilla ice cream, so I came up with a blueberry cobbler-style bowl. It turned out delicious! Instead of making a streusel, I made my homemade granola for the topping. This blueberry cobbler ice cream bowl is light, and refreshing, and I can’t wait to make it again with a lemon base.
If you’re not a fan of blueberries, you can swap them for lemon curd, pie filling, or even a chocolate sauce.
All of the ingredients in this recipe are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan-friendly. Of course, you can make some swaps if you don’t have all the ingredients.
This ice cream maker is still one of my favorite purchases. I use it in the summer to make frozen drinks, too! I love that it’s easy to use and easy to clean. It’s not intimidating or filled with complicated parts like the fancy ice cream makers. We’ve been using it for years to make all sorts of fun flavors!
My homemade granola recipe is one of my favorites! I always have some made, and keep it in jars for yogurt, cereal, and now an ice cream topping! I made it without cranberries since I planned to add blueberries to this recipe.
You can use frozen, fresh, or even canned blueberries for this recipe! I used frozen, but a canned blueberry pie filling would take it to the next level.
The vanilla ice cream is a perfect base for any flavor you’d like to get creative with. You could make the vanilla ice cream and mix in cookie crumbles, chocolate syrup, strawberries, lemon, or peanut butter.
Blueberry Cobbler Vanilla Ice Cream Bowls
- 1 Ice Cream Maker
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries or canned blueberry pie filling
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup or your choice of sweetener
- 1/2 Cup Homemade Granola
- 1/4 Cup Canned Coconut Cream
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Monk Fruit or your choice of sweetener
- 1 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 2 Tsps Vanilla
- Add coconut cream, almond milk, sea salt, monk fruit, tapioca starch, and vanilla to the ice cream maker. Churn for 20-25 minutes.
- While the ice cream is churning, cook the frozen blueberries in the microwave for 30-seconds. Mix in the maple syrup, and set aside. If you're using canned pie filling, no need to microwave!
- Scoop the vanilla ice cream into a bowl. Top the ice cream with blueberries and homemade granola!
I love ending my summer nights with a bowl of ice cream while watching the sun go down in the backyard. Now that my climbing roses are getting taller, it feels like my dream cottage garden. I hope you all enjoy this recipe!
Questions for you!
- What is your favorite dessert fruit?
- What flavor of ice cream should I make next?
- Do you have an ice cream maker?