Before I head out on my walk this morning, I wanted to share a delicious cookie recipe I made on New Year’s Eve! This caramel shortbread cookie recipe is for all the caramel lovers out there. They look fancy and festive without taking much time to make!
Ever since making my lemon linzer cookies, I can’t seem to get enough of this shortbread recipe, and it’s super easy to switch up flavors! I have made them with Nutella, raspberry lemon, blueberry, and now caramel. I plan to make a few Valentine’s Day flavors in the shape of hearts.
If you want to give them a Twix flavor, try drizzling chocolate over the top when they’re done!
Caramel Shortbread Cookies
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsps Milk any kind of milk will work!
- 2 Tsps Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Caramel Sauce (I used smuckers)
- Preheat Oven to 370 degrees
- Add the room temperature butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk to an electric mixer on medium speed. Mix together until smooth.
- Sift the flour and slowly add it to the mixer with the salt on a very low speed.
- Scoop the dough out of the mixer and place it onto a floured surface. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin until 3/4 a cm thick.
- Use the biscuit cutter to cut out an even amount, but add in the extra cutout for the other half.
- Transfer to a non-stick or parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake 6 to 7 minutes. Do not let them brown and allow them to sit on the pan for about five minutes before transferring them to the cooling rack.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, add two tsps of caramel sauce to the center of the bottom cookie (but leave 3/4 cm around the edges uncovered or it'll pour over) and add the cutout cookie layer on top.Sprinkle with powdered sugar or sugar crystals
We enjoyed these cookies in the 70-degree weather with frozen sparkling juice (I’ll post that tutorial soon!)
I hope you all have a great Sunday ♥️
- Are you a fan of caramel?
- What is your favorite candy bar?
- Are you fan of Valentine’s Day?
Hi Taralynn, happy new year!! These look so good, I love caramel so going to give them a try this coming weekend. My favorite candy bar is a Twix so might have to add chocolate to a coupe of the cookies. I was brought up not celebrating valentines day, as my parents believe that you should tell or show the people how much you love them everyday not on a specific day, and I think when I have kids I’ll do the same. Hope you have a fantastic week!!