I have never had so many people message me on Instagram asking for a recipe before. Instead of remaking the recipe and taking better photos, I decided to use the cell phone shots I had and share a casual recipe post. Not every blog has to be taken on a professional camera 😉 On Thursday night, I had a strong craving for chicken noodle soup. Even though it was 95-degrees out, I was determined to make it. This is one of the easiest chicken soup recipes, and it’s great for making on a Sunday and having it all week long to eat. We love having ours with salads, crackers, or a sandwich.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1.5 LB Cooked Chicken Breast (i just boiled it in water)
- 64 Ounces Chicken Broth
- 3 Cubes Better Than Bouillon Chicken Cubes
- 1 Bag Frozen Vegetable Medley peas, carrots, corn, green beans
- 1 Cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1 Cup Chopped Zucchini
- 1 Cup Chopped Carrots
- 2 Cans Northern White Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Package Brown Rice Egg Noodles
- 2 Tbsps Onion Powder
- 2 Tbsps Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Salt
- 1 Tsp Dried Dill
- 1 Tsp Dried Chives
- 3 Tbsps Olive Oil
- In a large pot on high heat, add in the chicken broth, better than bouillon cubes, frozen vegetable medley, yellow onion, celery, zucchini, carrots, and bring the broth to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low, add in the chicken, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt, onion salt, dried dill, dried chives, and olive oil. You can add in more seasonings to match your preference once the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Let the soup cook covered on a low heat for an hour and a half. Add in the brown rice egg noodles, the white beans, and turn off the heat. Cover and let the soup sit for another hour until the egg noodles are fully cooked. Give the soup a taste-test to determine if it needs more garlic, salt, and so on!
Definitely add this to your weekend meal plan! ♥️
Questions for you!
- Do you eat soup all year round?
- Favorite soup flavor?
- Favorite type of pasta to add to soup?
Yum I love soup year around, though its been really hot here in California so its been hard. I love a good lobster bisque but another favorite is the Greek Avgolemono which is like a Lemon Chicken Noodle but it uses orzo instead of noodles. I hope you’ll post more youtube recipes! I love your chili one!
Thanks, Ashton!! I do want to start doing YT again! ♥️ The fall recipes are my favorite.
We just made something similar in our household and it was SO quick and easy. Who knew how easy to make and delicious homemade chicken noodle soup could be? Love this recipe!
I made this today for the kids and they loved it. I used your older recipe for homemade egg noodles. Thanks again!