This Strawberries n’ Cream Pretzel Salad Dessert Recipe has been in our family for the past 30-years. My mom has made this recipe for the 4th of July, Christmas, and sometimes Valentine’s day! It’s one of the most delicious desserts and a total crowd pleaser! I love making this for friends, or potlucks.
Strawberries n' Cream Pretzel Salad
- 6 Ounce Strawberry Jello Box
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 10 Ounces Frozen Strawberry Halves
- 3 Cups Salted Pretzel Sticks Crushed
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 4 Tbsps Granulated Sugar For the Crust
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar For the creamy filling
- 12 Ounces Whipped Cream Topping Defrosted
- Heat oven to 350-degrees
- Prepare the jello. Mix the jello packet with the two cups of boiling water. Add the frozen strawberries to the jello mixture (do not pre-defrost.) Place the strawberry jello in the refrigerator (about one hour)
- Crush the pretzels (see photos for size reference)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Mix in the four tablespoons of sugar. Add the crushed pretzels to the butter bowl and coat.
- Pack the pretzels down in a 9x13 baking dish. Bake for ten minutes. Place in the refrigerator to speed up cooling process if the jello is starting to firm.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese with one cup of sugar. Beat on a high speed until there are no lumps. Once you get a creamy texture, mix in the whipped topping.
- Once the pretzel crust has completely cooled, spread the cream filling evenly on top of the pretzel layer.
- Pour the semi-firm jello mixture on top of the creamy layer.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
You can easily make this recipe gluten-free and dairy-free by swapping the pretzels for gluten-free pretzels, and by using dairy-free cream cheese and whipped topping!
I added blueberries this year for the 4th of July! We had all of our friends over, and there wasn’t a bite left! I included a video into the post so you can see how easy this recipe is to make! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.