We have been blessed with the most amazing weather the past few days. I thought we were doomed and going to be stuck in the ’90s after a heat streak, but it was so nice out this morning I had to wear a sweatshirt on my walk. It felt like those first few days of fall there for a moment. I’m currently sitting on my back porch listening to the birds and taking in the sunshine, with Leo sitting next to me on the couch. We had our house pressure washed over the weekend, so it feels much better outside rather than breathing in all the pollen leftover from the yellow season. That’s one of the downfalls of living in the south during the spring.
I have a few more hours of calmness before I start going into email mode/get the house ready for family mode. We are leaving for the wedding in one week! Almost everything is done, but I have some last-minute details to take care of.
I’m going to try to keep up with blogging for the next few days, even if it’s just a recipe post or a little check-in. I shot about ten recipes early spring that I have coming up for the blog! I also have a ton of Disney blogs to write and edit. I know this summer will be filled with a lot of downtime to get back to writing consistently again. It’s been a crazy few months. Starting in July, recaps will continue weekly. Kyle and I have been living off these chocolate chip blender oatmeal bars for the past few weeks. Sometimes we make them with berries, raisins, and walnuts, but our favorite way is chocolate chips. They take five minutes to prepare and only 20 minutes to bake! You throw all the ingredients into a blend, bake, and it’s done! Remember my blender muffins from a few years back? Well, this is just the bar version of those!
These oatmeal blender bars are so fluffy and filled with flavor. You can have this as a to-go breakfast or a late-night snack! It tastes like dessert, even though it’s on the healthier side. There’s nothing better than the chocolate chip and oatmeal combination! This recipe is gluten-free, and dairy-free, and can be made using an egg substitute.
I am making a lemon-blueberry version of these tonight! I’m going to use almond butter instead of peanut butter, and add in blueberries, lemon extract, and lemon zest! I may add in some poppy seeds too.
Baked Chocolate Chip Blender Oatmeal Bars
- 1 Large Banana Extra Ripe
- 1/4 Cup Honey or your choice of sweetener
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk or your choice of milk
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter or your choice of nut butter
- 2 Tsps Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Oats
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips or nuts, berries, raisins...
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees
- Add the banana, honey, unsweetened almond milk, peanut butter, vanilla, oats, baking powder, salt, and egg to a blender
- Blend on medium speed for about 20-seconds. Lower the speed for another ten seconds. **Do not over blend. You should still be able to see specs of oats**
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into a greased or lined 9x7 baking dish. Top with extra chocolate chips and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Allow the bars to cool for 20-minutes before slicing into them.
One of my favorite parts about this recipe is that the clean-up is so easy. You don’t have to get a ton of bowls dirty or clean out an electric mixer. You use the blender! You can store these on the counter, the fridge, or the freezer. Questions for you!
- What flavor of blender bars should I try to make?
- Did you have a cold front this weekend?
- Do you like a sweet or savory breakfast?