We have been snacking on these 5-ingredient no-bake chocolate hazelnut protein balls all week! They are perfect when you’re hungry in between meals or in the morning with your coffee. When I walk in the mornings, I hate having a large breakfast before, or I’ll get cramps. These are perfect for giving me just enough energy without all the density. The best part about this recipe is that it offers 23g of protein per serving size! That makes these perfect for on-the-go snacks, especially after a workout. I used to bring these to the tennis courts with me on the weekends when I played tournaments. They provide so much value without the cramping consequences of a large meal or protein shake. I think you’re going to love these! You only need 5-ingredients to make these no-bake chocolate hazelnut protein balls.
Unsweetened Almond Milk – or you can use water as a substitute.
Keto Nutella – You can also use any nut butter as a replacement.
Dates – make sure to pit them! The first thing you’ll want to do is soak your cashews for about thirty minutes to soften them up. This will make blending them much easier! I’ve used salted and unsalted cashews to make these, and both taste delicious. If you want that chocolate sea salt taste, go ahead and use the salted cashews. Adding salt is an excellent idea if you’re going to have these after a workout. Add the soaked cashews to the blender or food processor with the dates and one tablespoon of almond milk. Lightly pulse until the pieces are small. You don’t want to over blend or it’ll turn into nut butter. You can watch my video to see how I did it. Transfer the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix in the protein powder and hazelnut chocolate spread gradually. You can add the almond milk (or water) by the tablespoon to help make it easier to mix.
The consistency should be similar to cookie dough.
Form oversized tablespoon balls using your hands and store them in the refrigerator for best results! You can sprinkle with a touch of sea salt if you want!
No-Bake Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Balls
- 4 Cups Cashews pre-soaked for 30-minutes
- 8 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder I used plant-based
- 2-5 Tbsps Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread I used Keto Nutella
- 5-7 Medium Dates Pitted
- Presoak the cashews for about 30 minutes. Drain and add to the blender, or food processor, with the pitted dates and one tablespoon of almond milk. Pulse until the dates and cashews are in small pieces. Don't over blend, or it'll become a nut butter.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and alternate adding in the chocolate hazelnut spread and the protein powder. Add in the almond milk tablespoon at a time if you need help mixing.
- Roll into oversized tablespoon balls and store them in the fridge.*top with sea salt, optional
I think you’re going to love these! 😊
Questions for you!
- Do you like to have a meal before a workout?
- What flavor of protein balls do you want to see next?
You may also like: