Cranberry chocolate chip cookies that you will make all year round!
This recipe has been on my blog for about six years now. I decided to remake these cookies over the weekend because so many of you tagged me in your pictures after making these cranberry chocolate chip cookies. I forgot how delicious they were, so thank you for inspiring me to make these again! Whether you’re looking for a delicious chocolate chip recipe or love all things cranberry, you will adore this recipe. It would be these cookies if I had to pick the perfect chocolate chip cookie consistency! The insides are soft and gooey, but the outsides are crunch and chewy! This recipe is perfect for a late-minute dessert. I used to bring them to backyard BBQs and parties when I needed a last-minute dessert dish. You can make these faster than stopping at a grocery store to pick them up. Plus, fresh homemade cookies are so much better! They take about 20-minutes to make! You can make them mini or jumbo! There’s something so delicious about a jumbo chocolate chip cookie.
I first made this recipe when I had a ton of cranberries left over from Thanksgiving. Eventually, it became a staple cookie all year round. They’re even more sophisticated when you add a few sprinkles of orange zest on top.
Just look at the inside of that cookie! The hardest part is trying not to eat the whole batch.
The cranberries add such a fun addition to the cookie because they are a bit sour and tart, but when mixed with the cookie’s chocolate and sweetness, they transform into a candy-like flavor. Adding a touch of pink to a cookie makes them even prettier. The ingredients are simple! Like my other recipes, you can make swaps to fit your dietary needs!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (1 teaspoon)
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
Chocolate Chip Cookie Substitutes
Flour – All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
Butter – Earth Balance Unsalted Butter
Sugar – Monk Fruit
Cranberries – Dried Cranberries, Chocolate Chips, Walnuts, White Chocolate Chips, or anything you think will taste amazing thrown into the cookie!
Eggs – Egg Substitute
The recipe is so simple. I LOVE SIMPLE.
- Heat the oven to 350!
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar together.
- Lightly mix in vanilla and egg.
- Gradually spoon in the flour at a low speed.
- Fold in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Line a baking sheet and place the oversize tablespoon dough balls two inches apart. Place them 3 inches apart if you’re doubling the size (3 tablespoons!)
Try your best not to eat all the batter…it’s pretty much cookie dough heaven. For this batch, I doubled the size. I usually always make miniature cookies, but for these, I wanted to make them jumbo. I used about three tablespoons of the dough and placed them 3 inches apart on the baking pan. You’ll know when they’re done because the cookies’ edges will look lightly golden, but the middle will look soft. Even if the middle doesn’t look done, but the edges are golden, take them out! They’ll continue to cook on the baking sheet for the next five minutes. The soft and gooey middle is the best part of the cookie, so make sure not to overcook them! For the jumbo size, I cooked them about 10-12 minutes long. The recipe makes about 22 jumbo cookies! These are seriously the best chocolate chip cookies ever! The cranberry is a delicious addition, but you cannot go wrong with this recipe! Don’t forget to pin this recipe to make later!
If you want, make a big batch of this dough and freeze it for emergency bake moments! This recipe is saved in a folder in front of my family recipe binder. Let me know if you want to see which recipes I have saved in my binder! I started saving recipes (even printing ones like this out) to place in my binder just in case my family later on in life wanted a list of recipes that are my absolute go-to. I remember my grandma always keeping a recipe box, and I’d snap photos of them to add them to my binder.
Perfect Chewy and Gooey Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour also works with gluten-free
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Stick Softened Unsalted Butter Works with vegan butter
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar or monk fruit
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Cranberries (fresh or dried)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking soda together and set aside in a separate bowl.
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add in the sugar and brown sugar.
- Lightly mix in the vanilla and egg.
- Scoop the flour mixture into the wet ingredients gradually (you don’t want it flying everywhere).
- With a spoon, fold in the cranberries and the chocolate chips.
- Scoop oversized tablespoon dough balls onto a baking sheet two inches apart.I also made jumbo cookies with this recipe using 3 tbsps sized doughballs
- Bake for approximately 8-12 minutes. The edges should be slightly brown, and the middles will still be soft.The middles will continue to cook on the baking sheet, so make sure to take them out as soon as the edges are golden.
I hope you enjoy this perfect chocolate chip cookie with cranberry recipe! Don’t forget to watch the video to see how easy they are to make!
Questions for you!
- Do you like when I include videos in these recipe posts?
- Do you want me to share what recipes I keep in my binder?
- If not cranberries, what would you add to these chocolate chip cookies?