ITALY 2021 🇮🇹

Hi, everyone!

I wanted to pop on here today to share some exciting updates. 2020 has been incredibly insane, especially when it comes to planning any sort of wedding. It turns out; you can’t book things in advance because of the uncertainty of a vaccine or restrictions. It’s scary to put thousands down for a venue without the promise of ever getting married somewhere. We also have to consider our family members who live in Florida, California, and New Jersey, which is some of the highest impacted states. With my brother not being able to travel because of military restrictions and having family members with underlying health issues, we decided to scratch it all.

But we are still going to do something special.
Yesterday, I finally got my dress back. When I tried it on, I almost cried with how much I fell in love with it. I wasn’t sad at all that we had to cancel plans because I was even more excited about where I’d be wearing it.

And it’s going to be even more special when Kyle gets to see me in it for the first time in ITALY. We’ve been planning the past few months for our elopement in Italy, Lake Como, to be exact. Kyle and I will be spending two weeks there in June. We are going to do a first look, read vows, and have a sunset dinner, just the two of us (and our photographer who is making the trip with us!) With the stress of planning everything, this felt like the best decision. As soon as we agreed on everything, I felt extremely stress-free. It breaks my heart seeing so many brides have to cancel plans and I hope things eventually work out and that 2021 will be so much better.

I am so excited about this plan. I’ve never been to Italy, and it’s a dream that I get to wear my wedding dress there.

We will be celebrating with the family before we head out, but it’s awesome to have them all behind us on our decision. 😊

Moving on:

Thank you to all the sweet people who have been sending messages about our wedding plans, and I know things are so crazy and sad with this pandemic, but I believe everything will work out in the end. This is just a tiny problem, and there are many more things to worry about in the world! We are optimistic about it all, and cannot wait to share our adventures in Italy with you!

xo

🇮🇹 2021

Comments

• Laren

Congrats!

Reply to Laren
  • Madeline

Congratulations!! I’m so happy for you two. It may sound corny or cliché, but it will truly be the best day of your lives and you won’t regret doing it this way or that. You two are starting your own family with new traditions. I can’t wait to see all of the beautiful pictures!!

If you’re looking for Italian wedding inspo, follow @rosielondoner on Instagram. She had a beautiful Italian wedding a few years ago.

Reply to Madeline
  • Ashley

Oh my goodness, this sounds so wonderful, Taralynn! I’m so excited for you! Getting married in Italy is going to be fantastic, and you’ll both have some great memories!

Make Life Marvelous

Reply to Ashley
  • Elizabeth

How exciting! My husband and I got married on Lake Como 7/7/18. You will absolutely love it there!

Reply to Elizabeth
  • Pamela

Congratulations! That will be such an intimate and memorable day for you both. I cannot wait to see what a beautiful bride you will be. I have to tell you, I was watching TV the other day and this actress is YOUR doppelganger. Celeste Desjardins. Wishing you and Kyle all the best!!

Reply to Pamela
  • Nicci

So happy you’ve made plans that make you both happy and glad to hear that your families are on board ❤

I’m sure it will be a magical trip and something you’ll remember forever. Can’t wait to follow your journey and see all the gorgeous photos 😊

Reply to Nicci
  • Jen

Aw, yay it’s going to be a wonderful trip for you! Can’t wait to see the pics!

Reply to Jen
  • Ashton

Ooo! Congratulations!! Lake Como is beautiful, and will be the perfect backdrop for your photos!

Reply to Ashton
  • Harriet

Amazing news and so exciting! it’s going to be yours and Kyles most incredible day, with less stress, and the most amazing scenery. You’re both going to love Lake Como, it was one of my favourite places when traveling around Italy.

I feel so sorry for all the couples having to put there weddings on hold and not knowing when they will be able to reorganise things, my neighbours are getting married next weekend by a lake just the two of them, then they are having food trucks roll up to there house for the reception/street party as the date they are getting married on means more to them then the venue they had hired.

Have a great week, and roll on 2021!!

Reply to Harriet
  • Sloan

Congratulations!! Italy is an amazing country and a gorgeous place to get married! 🙂 I am so happy for you and hope your big day is nothing short of wonderful.

Reply to Sloan
  • Freshi

Ohh Taralynn,

I am so happy for you! I am sure you will have such a beautiful time.
    Looking forward to seeing your dress!

Reply to Freshi
  • Suzi Foster

Eloping sounds like a fabulous idea! My best friend is a travel agent if you need any help at all (she’s awesome at her job and traveled all over the world) Plus a good friend is an Italy tour guide for Rick Steve’s so if you need any help – please feel free to reach out! Congratulations to you both! yay!
    Her name is Cindy Roller (Roller Travel) and her email is atxcindyroller@gmail.com

Reply to Suzi Foster
  • Anonymous

LOVE

Reply to Anonymous
  • Angie

I am so SO happy for you! I have been following you for YEARS and I’ve never seen you as happy as you are now. You seem so content, peaceful and happy with life and you have settled into who YOU are, and I’ve enjoyed seeing you progress. I wish you and Kyle all the happiness in the world and can’t wait to see the gorgeous wedding photos <3

Reply to Angie
  • Becky

I’m so excited for you! It’s great that you’ve been so flexible while wedding planning and are willing to change your plans to do what feels right for you and Kyle. It’s easy to get caught up in planning a “typical” wedding based on expectations set by the wedding industry and other people, so I think it’s great that you’re staying true to yourselves.

Reply to Becky
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Hope you have a great time! I also postponed my wedding, which was initially set for the end of this year. I feel kinda relieved now that I have no pressure to look ‘good’ for it so soon! ❤️✨

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

Reply to Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
  • Courtney

So excited for you girl!! That’s a dream come true and a fun destination wedding. You will look absolutely beautiful 💕

Reply to Courtney
  • Dorka

Lake Como is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever visited, great choice! We eloped with my husband too, to the Seychelles and didn’t regret it at all. It really is crazy how much stress (and money!) you can save with such a choice. I think it’s amazing you’re taking a photographer though, cannot wait to see the shots! Wishing you the best of luck with the trip and wedding xx

Reply to Dorka
  • Anna

Congratulations!! Wedding planning is stressful enough, and adding this pandemic on top is just way too much to deal with. I LOVE your Italy plan. And the fact that it will be just you two in a gorgeous place you’ve never been. Gah! So romantic. It’s like a movie ❤️ Best wishes to you both!

Reply to Anna
  • Brooklyn

I love this so much! That’ll be so romantic. I’ve always wanted go elope over having a traditional wedding, (though I want to get married in Vegas by an Elvis impersonator haha), and I think Italy will be incredible!

Reply to Brooklyn
  • Maureen

Thank you for sharing!! Congratulations!! What a wonderful way to make your wedding special! You and Kyle are truly emphasizing your marriage over a wedding ceremony, which is what it’s all about. You’re both in my prayers as you prepare for this journey, and until June, enjoy this special time!

Reply to Maureen
  • Ariel LaVenture

Congratulations, Taralynn! Happy you two were able to make the decision that makes you guys feel excited and stress-free. Reading your blog for a few years really truly makes me believe that you deserve all the good things!
    Cheers! 🥂
    -Ariel

Reply to Ariel LaVenture
  • Lisa

Congratulations to you both! I traveled Italy with my fiancé a few years ago. It was trip of a lifetime! When one door closes, another opens!!! ❤️

Reply to Lisa
  • Jenny

BIG HEART EYES to all of this.

I cannot wait to see your photos and hear about your adventures there when you get home from your honeymoon.

I’m sure there will be tons of awesome celebrations with family and friends before and after Italy as well and you can have special intimate dinners with family, parties and gatherings with various groups of friends, and those plans can be amended if a covid breakout strikes without the stress of planning for 100 people all on 1 day in 1 venue. This will give you opportunities to celebrate your marriage in a special way while reducing the stress of stuff you can’t control.

You guys nailed this. I feel this will be an amazing 12 months ahead as you minimize planning and maximizing celebrating!

Reply to Jenny
  • Naomi

Congratulations Tara! I love your perspective on this and optimism, what a perfect set of plans for your special day <3 I'll be cheering for you from Australia. Naomi xo

Reply to Naomi
  • Sarah

Congratulations! This is so exciting and how dreamy! Covid certainly has done a number on the wedding industry. We postponed ours twice and finally decided to have only our immediate family for our upcoming wedding. It’s insane how relieved my fiancé and I both felt once we finally made the decision to do a micro wedding. It was like the stress of it all just lifted right off of our shoulders. It’s been such a crazy time and everyone you know has an opinion about what they would do instead. I’m so excited for you two love birds and can’t wait to see your photos and your dress!

Reply to Sarah

Thank you, Sarah!

Micro weddings are so stunning and I love how intimate they are. ♥️ I’m so happy you’re now feeling stress free as well!

• Lily

Congratulations!! You are so beautiful and look very happy. I’m glad your plans will work out in the end!!

Reply to Lily
  • Carly

Omg Italy will be AMAZING!! Lake Como is one of my favorite places on earth!!! It’s truly magical and eloping there will be even more special!! One of the best pizzas I’ve had in my entire life was in lake como! (Don’t ask me where… we wandered down a random residential street and an old Italian woman offered to make us pizza and have a picnic in her back yard)! The people are SO nice there too!!

Reply to Carly
  • Ashley

That will be so wonderful! My husband and I did a similar thing, but in NYC (a few years ago) and we loved every second and had no regrets on not doing a big wedding. Italy will be breathtaking, I’m sure! Congratulations!!

Reply to Ashley
  • Kay

Italy is my favorite country that I’ve ever visited! I’m sorry you’ve had to change plans so many times, it’s a hard time to plan a wedding for sure! How do you get married in another country? Do you have to bring your wedding license with you from where you live or do you get a license there? I’ve always wondered that!

Reply to Kay

We will have it already legal in the U.S. before we do that just to make things easier. 💜 but I think marriage in Italy is recognized as a valid marriage here.

• Clotilde Parker

Congratulations! I live in Italy, and believe me, the red tape is endless… make sure you research everything beforehand so that you have time to get any necessary paperwork done.

Reply to Clotilde Parker
  • Mallori

HOW EXCITING!!!!! Italy is by far my favorite country I’ve visited! My fiancé and I have also decided to elope for 2021 in Norway under the auroras! I said yes to the dress a few weeks ago and it is all so so so exciting! I’m so excited for your adventure into this!!! ♥️

Reply to Mallori
  • Melissa

Congratulations!!! 🍾 Enjoy every second! Sending you wishes for a lifetime of love, health, & happiness together! 🥂

Reply to Melissa
  • Deb

Oh my God! Such a great idea! It will be your private moment in such a special place! I am sure that it will be very emotional and you will remember that day forever! 🙂 Of course that it is not so much important where, but with whom you get married but the scenery will make it even more memorable. I am so happy for you and deeply hope that the pandemic ends soon and everything goes OK. Can’t wait to see you in your dress. 🙂 Good to have so supporting family. 🙂

Reply to Deb
  • Tarin

Congrats! My husband & I had a very small ceremony on a random Thursday at 2pm & then flew to Paris, then Venice, & finally Rome before coming back to Alabama. It was the best decision ever & took off so much stress of planning a wedding.

Reply to Tarin
  • Jenny A

My husband and I eloped in Ibiza, Spain and it was the best decision of our lives (and our photographer took breathtaking photos 😉 . Lake como is gorgeous and you’ll have the best time! Your family and friends will all want to celebrate when you get back. Good luck!

Reply to Jenny A
  • Nathalie

Congratulations Taralynn! Lake Como is beautiful, I live in Switzerland and have been there multiple times. I’m sure you’ll have a magical time there. Take care of you!

Reply to Nathalie

Thanks so much, Nathalie! We are going to try to make our way to Switzerland if we can!

• Claire

Yes^^^Cannot recommend Switzerland enough! Zermatt would be an amazing romantic spot for you guys (hiking the Matterhorn, outdoorsy tiny village!) & you can easily take a train from there to Geneva 🙂 Congratulations and so excited for you, Italy is not at all overrated 😉 <3

Reply to Claire
  • Rosanne

Awesome!!! Trent and Allie got married on the fly and it was the most beautiful wedding ever…things have to get better at some point…enjoy, can’t wait to see your beautiful pictures

Reply to Rosanne
  • Ashley

Lake Como is BEAUTIFUL! I have felt so bad for all the “covid brides” but this seems like the PERFECT choice with all the uncertainty. I can’t wait to see some pics!

Reply to Ashley
  • Cassie

I love this so much for you guys! We are planning our wedding for next year too and that was a big concern for us as well. I’m so glad you guys are going with the flow. Italy is going to be absolutely beautiful <3

Reply to Cassie
  • Marie

So happy for you two ! Im sure, it will be perfect.

Reply to Marie
  • Amanda

OBSESSED WITH THIS! I loved my wedding, but if I could go back. I would totally elope in Europe. I’m so excited for you guys 🙂 My husband and I actually just cancelled our Italy trip for August, and are planning to reschedule for June 2021. Lake Como is our first stop, so maybe we will see you from afar 😉

Reply to Amanda
  • Milena

Hi Taralynn!

Congratulations! I think it’s a great decision and it’s gonna be a wonderful experience <3 It's important to celebrate it the way you really want.

Italy is a pure magic, I'm sure you will fall in love with this country!

I'm super happy for you!

And you are completely right, everything is going to be fine sooner or later, I don't loose hope that 2021 is going to be way better 🙂

Kisses and congratulations again! 🙂

Reply to Milena
  • Julie

That’s amazing news! 🙂 I got married in May. It was not the wedding we had initially planned but In fact so much better! 🥰 I hope it will be the same for you! Love from Germany, Julie

Reply to Julie
  • chantelle

I love this! And it decreases the stress by 90%. I hope you two have a beautiful time there next year. So excited for the stunning photos you will have and it will be so special!

Reply to chantelle