Baked corn tortilla chicken tacos with guacamole, cashew cheese, & refried beans.
The last time we sat down at a restaurant was February 29th. That means we’ve been making tons of new recipes and enjoying our meals at the table more. Now, don’t get me wrong, you better believe we’ll be running to the restaurants to support them as soon as it’s safe, but cooking from home each night hasn’t been too bad. One meal we’ve been enjoying lately have been these corn tortilla tacos. They just don’t get old! I made a huge batch yesterday and froze them to eat throughout the next few weeks! If you’re looking for an easy recipe to make, I promise this one won’t disappoint.
These baked corn tortilla tacos are quick to make, and the perfect last-minute recipe if you have guests coming over or for a party appetizer. I want to try making mini ones like the ones my best friend from high school and I used to eat after school. We always dipped them in a homemade ranch, and they were so good! Don’t knock tacos and rand until you try it!
I’ve recently become obsessed with Fresh Cravings cheese dips. To be honest, I’ve spent a ton of money at health food stores trying to find a plant-based cheese that tastes good. I’ve never been blown out of the water until trying the Fresh Cravings Queso Cashew Cheese from my regular supermarket. I wasn’t expecting it to be THAT good. Even Kyle kept looking at the container to see it was cheese and not made from cashews. It tasted just like that jalapeno nacho cheese you get at baseball games. I also bought their garlic dip, and it’s been phenomenal on my salads as a dressing. I’m excited to get my hands on their Monterey jack and ranch plant-based dips! Oh, check their store locator because I think they sell a lot of their products at Walmart. The queso cheese was the perfect addition to these baked corn tortilla tacos.
All you need is ground chicken (or your choice of protein), refried beans, onions, peppers, corn tortillas, avocados, taco seasoning, and some spices to flavor up the guacamole. And toppings are the best part; sometimes I add chopped tomatoes, hot salsa, corn, dairy-free sour cream, and shredded lettuce!
The refried beans and the corn tortilla go together like peas and carrots 😊
Like I said earlier, this recipe works with any protein substitute, or even if you wanted to go extra on the beans. Seasoned tofu, fish, tempeh, turkey, or vegan meat crumbles would all work as replacements. You can get as creative as you want with this one! You can’t mess this recipe up!
I added a little olive oil spray to the top. Bake until they are slightly brown and crispy around the edges! A flour tortilla will work with this recipe too, just make sure to keep an eye on it in the oven.
You can wait for them to cool, pack them up, and store in the freezer if you plan on doing these for meal prep! Keep the toppings in containers to make serving quick and easy. I like to heat them back up in the air fryer because it’s quick and more efficient for cooking up two tacos.
This is my go-to guacamole recipe, and I make it almost daily! I put it on toast, in salads, or for my chip habit. Chips have gotten me through the past few months in quarantine. 😆
I topped these delicious tacos with the cashew cheese and guacamole! You’ll for sure do that happy food dance after you take the first bite.
I’m going to add the taco bell mild sauce to the top of these next time! 😋
And to serve them, I just put them in a baking dish!
baked chicken & bean tacos with guacamole and cashew cheese!
- 12 Small Corn Tortillas
- 2 Tbsps Taco Seasoning
- 1 Lb Ground Chicken (or your choice of protein - tofu, turkey)
- 1 Cup Refried Beans
- 1/2 Cup Avocados
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Peppers
- 2 Tbsps Chopped Red Onion
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tsps Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- cashew queso cheese Fresh Cravings Brand
- chopped tomatoes
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook up ground chicken on a skillet with the taco seasoning.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and lay out the corn tortillas. Top the tortillas evenly with the refried beans and ground chicken.
- Fold and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- While the tacos are baking, make the guacamole. Mix the avocados, peppers, onions, garlic, onion, pepper, and everything but the bagel seasoning together. *I didn't have any lime on hand, but I love adding lime to the guacamole as well.
- When the tacos are lightly brown and crispy, add your choice of toppings. I added the cheese and guacamole on top. *Sometimes I make these and keep the toppings in containers in the fridge, freeze the tacos and heat one up for lunch or dinner throughout the week. They are great for meal prep. ENJOY!
I’m so excited to have these for lunch again today! I could honestly eat these daily and never get sick of them.
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe! I have a few more in the blog lineup to share next week! Xo, I hope you all are staying safe! 💜 Let me know if you make these! I love getting your hand and sharing your photos!
Questions for you!
- What’s your go-to taco topping?
- Are you tired of cooking at home yet?
- What dinner recipe do you want me to make next?