Tofu & Veggie Pad Thai Rice Bowls – Vegan & Gluten-Free
I almost forgot how to write recipe blogs. One of my goals for 2020 was to get back into the swing of cooking and sharing recipes. I cook a lot, but hardly take the time to photograph and share the process anymore. They say it’s good for you to take a break now and then, so I’ll take this “hiatus” as a good thing. Ever since we designed the kitchen for our new home, I’ve been anxiously waiting to start cooking and photographing in it! I’m like a kid at Christmas right now and the waiting game is the hardest part. I’m ready for all the new windows to make it easier. Right now, I have to carry all of my ingredients over to the kitchen table in order to get some natural lighting. But, in the meantime, I’m going to keep it up because I miss these recipe posts.
A lot of you mentioned to me that eating at home more was one of your goals for the new year, so I hope this recipe is one you’ll try! It’s definitely a favorite in my house.
We have a form of pad thai weekly. Sometimes we’ll use zucchini noodles, rice noodles, or our favorite, white sticky rice! 😋
The fun thing about making pad thai is that you can customize it in so many ways. Choose which veggies, a form of protein, rice, or spice levels! We like adding broccoli, onions, carrots, cabbage, and whatever leftover veggies we have in the fridge. It’s a great way to use up produce before it goes bad.
We use the Organic Sky Valley Gluten-Free Pad Thai and there’s always extra in our fridge. I’ve tried many brands, and this is our all-time fave.
This is a dish that can easily be made within thirty minutes.
If you do not have an air-fryer, you can bake the tofu in the oven at 400-degrees for fifteen minutes, flip, and bake an additional ten! This pad thai recipe was how I got my family hooked on tofu, and now they love having it in their meals.
Finishing off the tofu in a pan with extra sauce is the key to giving it all the extra flavor!
If you want to try this recipe with the brown rice noodles, we absolutely LOVE the Lotus Foods Brown Rice Pad Thai noodles.
Tofu & Veggie Pad Thai Rice Bowls
- 14 Oz Tofu extra-firm, diced
- 1 Cup Carrots sliced
- 1 Cup Red cabbage chopped
- 1 Cup Broccoli chopped
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 + 3 tbsps Cup Pad Thai Sauce I used gluten-free Sky Valley
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Cups White Rice Cooked
- Add carrots, broccoli, red cabbage, red onion, and peanuts to a frying pan with the sesame oil, and cook on medium-high heat.
- While the vegetables are cooking, add the diced tofu to the air fryer and cook for 15-minutes at 400 degrees.
- Once the vegetables are sauteed, mix in the fresh spinach, 1/4 cup of the pad thai sauce, and cook on high until the spinach leaves are wilted, and all of the vegetables are coated with sauce.
- Add air-fried tofu to a frying pan with the remainder of the pad thai sauce cook until coated. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Create the bowl - top 1/2 cup of cooked rice with 1 cup of vegetables, 1/3 cup of cooked tofu, and sprinkle pepper flakes on top!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! 😊
Questions for you!
- What dinner recipe do you want to see from me next?
- Do you remember the first time you tried tofu?
- Are you team spicy or sweet?