I woke up at 5 am to walk the dogs this morning, so I could beat the early school crowd. Since then, the rain has been consistent, and the overcast skies had me feeling sluggish and mundane. I powered through my work, and by afternoon, I was ready to have a little cozy baking session to spice up my rainy day mood. I love when the house smells like chocolate chip cookies, and baking is always a fun way to relax. I turned on a playlist, lit a candle, and started away at some delicious gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate chip cookies.
I hadn’t planned on making a post, but the entire setup was cozy, and I thought it could bring some calmness or warmth to your day. If you’re like me, then baking can be therapeutic. I highly recommend it. For this chocolate chip cookie recipe, I used one from I Heart Eating blog and made a few swaps to make them fit my lifestyle. I can’t wait to try more of her recipes because these turned out great!
I was a little nervous about making them with vegan butter and gluten-free flour because the dough was a bit greasy, but they turned out perfect in the end.
This recipe made 22 (3 tablespoon-sized) cookies!
If you want to see the video from my little baking session, head to my IG stories on Instagram! 🙂 I filmed a little cozy chocolate chip cookie recipe with this post.
Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter (I used earth balance)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (also works with Monk Fruit)
- 1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 3/4 Cups Gluten Free Flour (i used bob's red mill)
- 1 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips (I used Lily's)
- Heat oven to 350
- Melt the butter in a large mixing bowl (but not too hot)
- Mix in the sugar and brown sugar.
- Mix in Vanilla and Egg
- Add Flour and baking soda (salt optional)
- Fold in Chocolate Chips
- Place dough (3 tbps size drops) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes!
Questions for you!
- Do you love to bake on rainy days?
- What is a good song that puts you in a good mood right away?
- Do you like keeping your desserts in the freezer?
Thanks for stopping by to read! 💜