Vegan & Gluten-Free Pizza Style Cauliflower Gnocchi
I had so many messages the past few days asking about the pizza-style cauliflower gnocchi I have been eating on repeat! Since pizza is one of my favorite foods, I’m only slightly obsessed with this combo. The crazy part is that it only requires three ingredients. I don’t even think I’m allowed to call it a recipe because it’s more of a “combo.” I bet most of you (if you’re a Trader Joe’s Junki) already have the ingredients in your fridge! You’ll need the cauliflower gnocchi, vegan mozzarella cheese shreds (or your choice of cheese), and pizza sauce! But, there’s more than just throwing all the ingredients together! It’s a process, so let’s get to it!
The entire recipe (not just what is pictured on the plate) is 470 calories. The recipe is filling, but I will admit it’s a bit high in sodium and could use a little more protein! For my dinner, I had half of the recipe for my portion and added 4 ounces of filet salmon and spinach to make it a bit more balanced. If you follow a plant-based diet, you could bake diced tofu in with the cauliflower gnocchi. I bet that would be so delicious!
Entire Dish: 470 Calories, 46g Net Carbs 16g Fat 8g Protein, 5g Sugar 1339 mg Sodium
HOW TO PREPARE THE CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI
- Heat your oven to 430-degrees.
- Add the bag of cauliflower gnocchi to a microwave-safe bowl and rinse them with water.
- Heat frozen gnocchi for two minutes, mix them with a spoon, and heat for an additional two minutes.
If you don’t have a microwave, run them under warm water to defrost, or let them sit out for a few hours. You could also boil them to speed up the defrosting process!
- Place gnocchi on a baking sheet. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake for 17-minutes. Flip the gnocchi over, and bake for an additional 15-minutes.
- Add gnocchi to a greased baking dish.
- Top with 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup vegan cheese over the top
- Bake for fifteen more minutes
Add all the fun extra toppings to match your favorite pizza combo!
Favorite vegan cheese? I love the Daiya Vegan Cheese Shreds & The Trader Joe’s Cheese Shreds! The SoDelicious ones are good, but they don’t melt like the others!
It’s honestly that simple!
I hope this inspires you to make some fun pizza-style cauliflower gnocchi soon! If you do, don’t forget to tag me so I can see your creations! 🍕
Questions for you!
- What are your favorite pizza toppings?
- What is your favorite thing to have on the side with pizza?
- Have you had cauliflower gnocchi yet?