Honey Garlic & Orange Grilled Salmon w/ Shishito Peppers

Happy Friday, and even better…Happy Spring!

It’s going to be 65-degrees today, so after I close the laptop, I’m heading out on a long walk, and I may break out the bike! Before Kyle headed out the door for work this morning, we talked about picking up salmon and grilling out on the patio after the gym. That reminded me that I had forgotten about sharing my grilled salmon recipe from last summer! I went back into my albums, found the photos, and decided to get it up for you just in case you’re looking to grill this afternoon as well. We have flavored our shrimp, tofu, and chicken the same way, so if you’re not a salmon lover, you can replace it with your choice of protein.
When it’s warmer out, I crave anything with citrus flavors, especially on the grill.

This salmon recipe is absolutely to die for. The salmon had so much flavor, and it just fell apart so perfectly. The only regret was not making more! It’s easy to make, and I bet you already have most of the ingredients in your house. It’s also easy to customize! If you don’t have an orange, replace with a lime, lemon, or even grapefruit. No avocado oil? Any oil with work! No honey? Try agave or maple syrup.

5 from 1 vote

Honey Garlic & Orange Grilled Glazed Salmon

Course Main Course
Prep Time 8 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
Servings 2

Ingredients

• 1 LB Wild Caught Salmon (or your choice protein)
  • 1/2 Medium Orange
  • 1/4 Cup Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
  • 3 Tbsps Honey
  • 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tsp Onion Powder
  • 1/2 Tsp Dill Weed
  • 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
  • 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
  • 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
  • 1/2 Tsp Thyme
  • 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil

Instructions

1. Preheat your grill to high.

2. Mix together the thyme, minced garlic, sea salt, dill weed, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder together in a small bowl.

Pat the salmon on both sides, coating the salmon with the seasoning.

3. In a small mixing bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, and orange juice together.

4. Pour the sauce over the salmon.

**I prepared the salmon in the morning and let it marinate all day. This is optional!

5. Grease the grill-friendly tin foil with the avocado oil. Place the salmon onto the grill and allow it to cook for a good ten minutes. Pour the remainder of the sauce (left in the bowl) over the salmon and cook for an additional 8 minutes. The final temp (I prefer medium) should be around 145-155 degrees.

Recipe Notes

If you don't have a grill, or would prefer to cook it in the oven, you absolutely can! Preheat the oven to 350, and bake about 15-minutes. Use a thermometer until you read 145-155! We bake it in the oven all the time and it comes out just as great!

For the shishito peppers, I pre-boiled them for about ten minutes, and then finished them on the grill with a little avocado oil, sea salt, and pepper! If you haven’t had shishito peppers yet, you’re in for a real treat!
This post has me excited for tonight’s dinner! ♥️

Questions for you!

1. What fruit do you crave in the summer?
  2. Have you ever had shishito peppers? (you can usually find them at Whole Foods & sometimes Trader Joe’s!)

Comments

• Kelsey W.

My favorite summertime fruit = blueberries! Holy moly I could eat a carton a day lol! And yes, I LOVE shishitos! I love just lightly sauteing them with olive oil and sea salt. My boyfriend and I are always competing on who gets the hot one out of the bunch lol 🙂 Can’t wait to try this recipe with the salmon. Do you use fresh wild-caught, or frozen? xo Kelsey

Reply to Kelsey W.

Hi, Kelsey!

OH NO! You just reminded me that I’m out of blueberries 😢 (totally thought I’d be putting them in my oatmeal today…GUESS NOT! 😂)

It’s so funny that some are just SUPER spicy. When I made my dad try them for the first time, he had the spicy one! He’s like “I thought you said these things weren’t spicy!”

I always use wild-caught!

• Anonymous

Just bought a bag of shishito peppers from sprouts to try! Excited to test out this recipe (sadly I dont have a grill so I will be trying the oven reciepe)

Reply to Anonymous

Definitely cook them on the stovetop! We like to saute them with sesame oil, gf soy sauce, and little honey!

• Sarah

Update: holy cow both the peppers and salmon turned out soooo good. I added a little ginger to the marinade and baked it how you suggested and it was easily the best salmon I have ever made. Will forrsure be making this meal again

Reply to Sarah
  • Whit

Was this the salmon you had on your IG?

Reply to Whit
  • Dana

5 stars
    I love shishito peppers, I make them all the time. They’re so good leftover in omelettes or on top of a grain bowl.

Reply to Dana
  • Jeni

That looks delicious! I’ve never had shishito peppers before but now I’m really curious. I’m trying to eat more paleo/Whole30 compliant and am always looking for a greater variety of yummy vegetables to keep things interesting.

As for favorite summer fruit? Watermelon! Absolutely love it! My dad puts salt on his (he’s originally from the south so not sure if it’s a southern thing?) but I just couldn’t get behind that combination. I gotta have my watermelon plain!

Reply to Jeni

Hi, Jeni!

Thank you 😃 I was surprised the first time I had shishitos! I wasn’t expecting them to be so good. You’ll have to let me know what you think when you try them!

Yes, watermelon 🍉!! I’ve heard of a lot of people putting salt on their watermelon down here. I can’t get on that trend, but I guess it’s that sweet and salty combo people love!

• Elijah

That salmon looks great! We made tilapia last night on the grill and I added orange!

Reply to Elijah
  • Emily

I LOVE shishito peppers!!! You should cook them in a cast iron pan with soy sauce, pepper, and garlic.. they get so charred and perfect! The soy sauce thickens and caramalizes a little- deeeeelish! I don’t eat salmon, but I would definitely try marinating tofu like this yum!

I crave all fruit in the summer, but watermelon is my favorite summer fruit!

Reply to Emily

Hi, Emily!

Cooking them in the cast iron was the first way I started making them! You are so right about them getting charred!! ohhhh and yes yes yes to adding soy sauce!😋

I had watermelon last night because I was craving it! It’s the perfect spring & summer fruit!

• Haley

I love salmon and will try this recipe out. What are the orange peppers?

Reply to Haley
  • Anonymous

Are the shishito peppers spicy?

Reply to Anonymous
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

This is totally my kind of dinner. And I LOVE shishito peppers… love them just plain grilled! So delicious! 🙂

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog