Gluten-free vegan chocolate chip cookies
I know it’s late on a Sunday night, but I wanted to get this delicious gluten-free & vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe up asap! I’m having a hard time focussing on writing because the Ted Bundy documentary is playing in the background. How does one write about tasty cookies when talks of a serial killer are going off in the background? Yikes.
Chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite desserts. I love to keep them in a container in the freezer for when I’m craving them, but they don’t last long because Kyle seems to find them quickly. I had been working on a new recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies that are gluten-free, and it finally came together. I’m so excited to share it with you all, and I hope you make these! You won’t be disappointed.
These cookies are soft and taste like the dreamiest chocolate chip cookie! They were born to be dunked in a cold glass of milk (almond milk for me!) I guarantee, the average person will not be able to tell that these are a bit lighter, gluten-free, and vegan!
All you need is flaxseeds, water, sea salt, baking soda, all-purpose gluten-free flour, vegan butter, coconut sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, vegan and chocolate chip. You can use any sugar replacements to replace coconut sugar. I used Lily’s no sugar-added chocolate chips.
The flaxseed needs to be mixed with water and set aside for a couple of minutes before combining it!
This recipe is so simple and can be made within 20-minutes!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
First, you’ll beat the softened butter on high until it’s creamy.
Use a spatula to scrape down the butter. Add brown sugar, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Mix until it’s completely lump-free.
Sift the flour, sea salt, and baking soda together.
Add the flaxseed mixture to the mixer.
On low speed, add sifted flour by the spoonful into the mixer until all flour is incorporated.
Mix in the chocolate chips!
The dough might taste a little “flax-y,” but it bakes out. You couldn’t taste the flaxseed at all once the cookies were fully baked. Ohhhhh, they smelled so good!!!!
Scoop two-tablespoon sized dough balls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake 10-13 minutes!
Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack with a spatula!
This recipe made 24 cookies!
Gluten-Free & Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 4 Tbsp Water
- 4 Ounces Vegan Butter
- 1 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- In a small bowl, Mix the water and ground flaxseed together. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter until lump-free. Mix in the brown sugar, coconut sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix in the flaxseed mixture.
- Sift together the flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the electric mixer by the spoonful until it's completely incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop two-tablespoon sized dough balls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-13 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack with a spatula!
These were the perfect Sunday treats to bake! 😊 I hope you guys enjoy them! Make sure to tag me in your recipe pics! I love seeing them.
It’s only 7:30 pm, but I’m ready to take a hot bubble bath and jump into bed! Hope you have a great night, everyone!!!
Questions for you!
- What was the last thing you baked?
- Did you watch anything good this weekend?