The Tastiest Paleo Vegan Fudgy Brownies!

Happy Friday! I honestly have no idea how it’s Friday already, but I’ll take it.

It’s about 8:15 pm and I just got back from the gym. My gym routine looks like this *walks on a treadmill at a 3.4-mile pace while playing candy crush and listening to podcasts for 60-minutes* I’ve been doing this several times a week for the past year. To be honest, the only reason I go is that I feel guilty when Kyle goes to the gym five days a week, so I guess it’s a good thing? After I get past that dreadful feeling, I always feel better when I leave the gym. I’m just excited for warmer temps and brighter evenings so I can do my evening walks outside.Β
Earlier this afternoon, I took the pups for a long walk and then did a quick power clean of the downstairs. I didn’t feel like diving into emails, so I decided to bake some brownies. I have been craving them all week but was too lazy to make them. I was browsing Pinterest and found this recipe for the Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies. This was exactly what I had been looking for, and I just happened to have all the ingredients in my house to make them.

I loved that the ingredients were simple, and the recipe was incredibly easy to follow.Β
All you need is coconut sugar, almond butter, almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa powder, sea salt, flax seeds, and dairy-free chocolate chips.

The flax + water mixture is an egg substitute that works perfectly.Β You only need one large bowl to do all the mixing!

First, you mix the coconut oil, syrup, almond butter, and maple syrup together until it forms a caramel-like texture. Next, you slowly mix in the cocoa powder 1/4 cup at a time. I ended up adding more coconut oil because it was very dry. I think it all depends on which cocoa powder you use.

Once you’ve created a frosting-like batter, mix in the vanilla, salt, and flax egg.Β
Fold in the almond flour! I did a taste test of the batter, and it was heavenly.Β
Instead of folding in the chocolate chips, I sprinkled about 1/3 cup on top. The chocolate brownies are so rich and decadent by themselves that they were delicious even without the chocolate chips.

I added the brownies to a greased pan and baked them for 30 minutes at 325. I will use a smaller pan next time, but I did like the thinner brownies.Β
After letting them cool for about 45-minutes, I cut into them and took my first bite. Wow! Wow! Wow! They were super fudgy, not overly sweet, insanely chocolatey, and the perfect dessert to keep in the house! I am going to make a homemade banana coconut ice cream to go on top for tomorrow night. 😊

PS, the blue napkins in the background are the ones I dyed at the indigo workshop in my latest post!Β
If you want to make these, check out theΒ Beaming Baker blog for the recipe and so many more delicious recipes!

Questions for you!

1. Brownies or blondies?
  2. Any weekend plans?

Or try my avocado brownies!!Β

Comments

• Lisa

Will a Chia Egg work too

Reply to Lisa
  • Emily H.

I want to try these soon bad but i’m currently on whole30 πŸ™ I definitely will after!
    1. brownies for sure….they are my all time favorite dessert
    2. well my boyfriend informed me he had a basketball game to watch friday night and then two basketball games and a football game to watch saturday……needless to say i am hanging out with friends haha

Reply to Emily H.
  • Jess

Great pics

Reply to Jess
  • Anonymous

These sound delicious! Might at them to the baking list for this week.

Reply to Anonymous
  • Christine

Thanks for sharing the original recipe Taralynn! I made the brownies tonight and they were absolutely delicious. My boyfriend even liked them and he usually never likes any dessert that is vegan or gluten free. Of course I didn’t tell him they were either until after he said they were tasty and ate two right away. I am excited to make your vegan mac and cheese later this week.

1. Brownies!
    2. Watching football.

Have a great weekend!

Reply to Christine

I’m so happy you made these!! We’ve been eating them all weekend with the SoDelicious coconut whipped topping. If you have any left, make sure to store them in the fridge because they get extra fudgy!!

We are going to watch football today too! Kyle’s eagles are playing πŸ˜€

Have a great weekend, Christine!!

• Jessica

Those brownies sound yummy!! I’ll have to give them a try. We went to Tribe Fest in Cleveland this afternoon, so that’s probably it for us this weekend! Just spending time with the horses and relaxing πŸ™‚ oh, and definitely brownies:)

Reply to Jessica
  • sara

What should I use to replace the coconut sugar?

Reply to sara
  • Mary

Thank you for sharing this recipe. We have been searching for a brownie recipe all weekend and it’s like you read my mind. How many did these make and how did you store them?

Reply to Mary
  • Kayla

These look awesome! I’ll have to try them. Have you ever followed any of the trendy diets like keto or paleo?

Reply to Kayla

Hi, Kayla!

They are so good! I think I did Keto for like two days once and was like “NOPE” but that’s about it. I enjoy making paleo recipes because I like the ingredients used, but not trendy diets. I do follow a gluten/dairy free diet but not for weight loss (Becuase that’s a big misconception) but for endo pains/bloating/acne. I think diets are temporary fixes for some people, but it’s the lifestyle choices/changes that are what makes the long term difference.

• Anonymous

Agreed πŸ™‚ just curious because a trainer of mine recently recommended trying keto. I’ve never been a fan of the idea but I suppose it won’t hurt to try for a few months!

Reply to Anonymous
  • Zoe

Both πŸ™‚ But brownies if I have to pick.

Weekend: taking it easy all weekend. Our neighbor kids are coming over for a few hours this afternoon so their parents can have a date, and then in two weeks it’s our turn. And we will go to church on Sunday. other than that, who knows!

Reply to Zoe
  • Anastasia

Brownies for sure!! And I swear you take the prettiest pictures – I think I say that every time I comment on your blog, but it’s true!! You definitely inspire me when I try to take pictures of food or about my life – I just love how colorful everything you post is! πŸ™‚

My weekend plans include doing nothing but cleaning, cooking, and walking my dog! I have been craving a weekend where I don’t really leave the house. Oh! I do have a question for you, my dog is one years old now and I have been putting off training. Was there a big improvement in your dogs behavior after getting them trained? Owen has not been listening to me at all and I don’t think I can train him myself…but I am terrified of spending a ton on a trainer. Ahhhhh… thoughts for a fairly new dog owner??

I hope you have the best weekend ever!!!

xoxo

Reply to Anastasia

Hi, Anastasia!

Awwwww thank you so much!! I love photography and try to improve every day, so that means a lot!

That sounds like a fun and relaxing weekend.

That one-year mark is where dogs really start changing in personality and start getting a bit more dominant. I think training at that age is crucial, and it made a big difference because not only is the dog getting trained, but so is the owner. Getting your dog trained will make your life with your dog so much more comfortable, easy, and less anxiety. I would 100000000% make the investment to do some training with him! 😊

• Haley

I love Beaming Baker recipes and have been meaning to try these. Do you think these would last in the freezer?

Reply to Haley
  • Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

These are making me drool! There’s nothing better than brownies… fudgey brownies, mmm! Thank you for sharing the recipe, Taralynn! πŸ™‚ ❀️

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog