Happy Thursday, Everyone!
One more day until the weekend! I can’t believe it. I’m so excited because we are heading to the mountains tomorrow to stay for the weekend. After I get done blogging this recipe, I’m going to start packing, and then head over to the outdoors store to pick up a few camp-friendly items! I’ll also be making several energy balls, and other recipes to take with us. I’ll share what I’m up to on my Instagram stories just in case you’re interested! I’m also going to try to squeeze in another blog post tomorrow before I head out. 😊
On Monday night, I made a crockpot vegetable and chicken chili soup. I didn’t plan on sharing the recipe or creating a post, but after I took a bite, I thought it would be wrong of me to keep this to myself. I’ve been living off of this soup all week, and each bowl gets better and better. I’m not sick of it yet, just excited to make it again next week! It’s light enough to have during the hot weather as we patiently wait for fall to arrive.
When I don’t feel like individually prepping my meals, I’ll buy a ton of eggs and yogurt for breakfast, salad for lunch, and make some type of crockpot meal to eat for dinner each night. This makes meals easy and stress-free. I love having things prepared, so I don’t have to brainstorm meal ideas.
This soup is low carb, high protein, gluten free, dairy free, and can be made vegan by swapping out the chicken brother for vegetable broth and replacing the chicken with extra beans.
Kyle likes to add cheddar cheese to his, and I love adding rice crackers. Another great thing about crockpot soup is that if you have a ton of produce about to go bad, you can throw it into the soup, and then freeze for future meals. We will have some soup left before we head out on the trip, so I’ll end up freezing the extra, so it doesn’t go to waste.
Vegetables Chicken Chili
- 32 oz Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast diced
- 4 Tbsps Avocado Oil your choice of oil
- 16 ounces Diced Tomatoes canned
- 16 ounces Cannellini Beans drained & rinsed
- 2 Cups Carrots sliced
- 1 Large Zucchini diced
- 1 Cup Celery chopped
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 2 Large Green Bell Peppers diced
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper diced
- 2 Tbsps Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsps Onion Powder
- 1/4 Cup Cumin
- 3 Tbsps Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- Add all ingredients to a crockpot.
- Cook on high for four hours.
- Reduce heat to medium or low, and cook for an additional three hours.
- Give the soup a taste test to determine if it needs more salt, cumin, garlic, pepper, or anything you want!
Now, It’s time for me to head out and get ready for the weekend away! I’ll pop on here later this afternoon with my cappuccino to start tomorrow’s blog and reply to the comments in my box! 💜
Questions for you!
- Are you team crockpot or Instant Pot? (I’ve never used the instant pot)
- What meal do you like to make to keep in the fridge all week long?
- Team spice or team no spice?